Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Stones at Super Bowl 53?
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 9, 2019 16:23

The Super Bowl halftime show has been desperately lacking true rock n' roll the last few years...if they are allowed to play LIVE then by all means DO IT!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 9, 2019 16:25

Rokyfan
Why would it be up Mick's alley? Does he make a practice of making cameos at shows by pop groups (not Tina Turner or Peter Tosh or Buddy Guy or others at his level)? What would be the word to characterize Mick Jagger appearing to sing and dance backup on Moves Like Jagger behind Maroon 5? Start with cheesy and go from there.

The only reason would be to sell tickets and I don't think they need to do that b/c they are selling fine.

“What would be the word to characterize Mick Jagger appearing to sing and dance backup on Moves Like Jagger behind Maroon 5?”
CASH. Cash is King.
And maybe some cash is due.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 16:27 by 35love.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 9, 2019 16:29

DiegoGlimmerStones
Mick In December, I like his picture!

Ever since they played the Super Bowl back in 2006 I have wanted them to use that Stage for a tour. It would be awesome especially where they have only playing big stadiums the past few years. Place it in the center and you would have a lot more desireable seats. I think it’s my favorite stage that they have ever used.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 9, 2019 16:42

Kurt
The Super Bowl halftime show has been desperately lacking true rock n' roll the last few years...if they are allowed to play LIVE then by all means DO IT!
They mined all the classic rock acts for a few years (McCartney, Stones, Springsteen, Petty, the Who), then went back to more modern pop acts. Kinda weird.

Date: January 9, 2019 16:56

“You know baby, I put a spell on you
Can't take it off now, there ain't nothing you can do”

Ya. The spell was cast years b4 I was glued 7 inches (very close Euro’s) from tele in 2006.
And I will stop the world again if I see Jagger live on TV this season thumbs up
You know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 16:57 by 35love.

Date: January 9, 2019 22:24

BTW, sorry, and I don’t wish to discuss this topic because it will go political I am sure which brings me to my point,
When I kid cash is King Mick is King I’d watch him anywhere (no joke)
Understand I purposely do not know the controversy some feel w/ the NFL
I don’t know the details so I can’t and don’t take sides on this issue.

And no way is Charlie showing up grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 22:25 by 35love.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 9, 2019 22:47

The Stones *Super Bowl half time spectacle of '06 was far from their finest moments,
so it would be nice to see Mick in this setting again in front of a worldwide audience,
though not sure if teaming up with Maroon 5 is the right move...

Date: January 9, 2019 22:50

This event will be so amazing!! winking smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 9, 2019 23:40

I say anything is possible with the Super Bowl....even a cameo appearance by Mick dancing with Adam to "Moves Like Jagger"....but just maybe it WON'T be CONFIRMED....and Mick will just dance on to join Adam for 5 minutes! Total Surprise....the crowd would go WILD!
And yes, there are a TON of seats left for this " stadium tour"....because AGAIN, scalpers and places like STUBHUB have most of the good seats and the owners of these tickets jacked up the prices. Sad to say I am NOT paying $650-800 for ONE TICKET! If we wait until March-April, the prices may drop because these greedy bastards will fear NOT SELLING their seats. ( the GREEDY BASTARDS are the owners of the tickets at STUBHUB!) Always so much FUN dealing with this crap just to see our band!

Date: January 10, 2019 00:36

Hairball
The Stones *Super Bowl half time spectacle of '06 was far from their finest moments,
so it would be nice to see Mick in this setting again in front of a worldwide audience,
though not sure if teaming up with Maroon 5 is the right move...

Say what? Never mind, don’t say it, 2006 RS show was a thrill and they nailed it. The stress the boys themselves had to go through (there is a stellar story/. cellar story? Lol) somewhere I am not looking up but I’d imagine Charlie saying no bloody way. And please stop with the ‘re-do’ nonsense. PAST IS PAST.
Thank you, next.

Look. If I am not watching for Adam Levine (no offense, and his life is good)
I will not be insulted to wait and see. Sorry.
(unless Mick asks us too/ needs to make sure the check clears) ya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 00:38 by 35love.

Date: January 10, 2019 00:54

Jagger himself acknowledged the song in an interview, calling the concept "very flattering."[14] Jagger also mentioned the song on a 2012 episode of Late Show with David Letterman, in which he read the Top Ten List and joked about his inability to collect royalties from "Moves like Jagger".[15]

Fat royalties on that song. Fat! And the video uses his black and white old filmed footage. Where’d they get that? Klein?
Wiki says no song writing credits to Mick. Did he get dinner? Flowers?
That song topped charts everywhere.
Hmph.

Date: January 10, 2019 01:06

Jagger approved:

Moves Like Jagger

When Maroon 5 needed someone with moves like Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger for their upcoming video “Moves Like Jagger,” it made perfect sense for them to go straight to the source and employ the real thing.

That’s exactly what the popsters did for their upcoming video and single, and the apparently flattered icon did indeed contribute some of his signature moves to the new video in the form of archival clips. (A look-alike also portrays Jagger in the video.)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 10, 2019 01:26

"Moves Like Jagger" is probably the biggest Rolling Stones hit since "Start Me Up" - only that it wasn't made by The Rolling Stones.
Tells you something about how successful the band has been the last four decades when it comes to producing hit songs...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 10, 2019 01:28

I hope the Stones (or Mick solo) do not go anywhere near the Super Bowl. I wish
they never did it in '06.

Date: January 10, 2019 01:32

Aw Mick is generous/ he was flattered. PASS on a Jagger look alike (didn’t get that far in the video) and sorry Mr Levine, no-one moves like Jagger.

The song itself is nothing like a RS song (rock n roll, blues, etc)
Cannot compare it. It is a pop radio song.

I still say if Mick gets on the stage for that song, he’d better get a paycheck brother. A pay.check.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 10, 2019 01:39

Of course it's a pop song, 35Love. But pop and rock is basically the same business. Making hit songs is pretty important. Even if you play rock and roll. It's not separate worlds.

Date: January 10, 2019 02:12

Travis Scott Rap, Hip Hop Maroon 5 Pop, Rolling Stones Classic Rock, Rock! Sounds like a cool Superbowl HalfTime Show, In my opinion Is an great Idea with an amazing spectacle winking smiley

Date: January 10, 2019 02:14

I think that Moves Like Jagger will be an amazing performance for the SuperBowl! winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2019 02:48

MisterDDDD
Definitely going to have me watching the half time show, even though the chance may be remote. I could see Mick joining in if not the whole band.

Would be a kick.. also Justin Timberlake has appeared three times dispelling the notion that because it's been done, it can't be done again.

It's a huge stage.. over 111.3 million people watched in 2017.
That's a lot of great, free, promotion for an upcoming tour (or album) cool smiley

A BIGGER BANG (and probably the tour) got zero help from the Stones' SB appearance.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:07

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
Definitely going to have me watching the half time show, even though the chance may be remote. I could see Mick joining in if not the whole band.

Would be a kick.. also Justin Timberlake has appeared three times dispelling the notion that because it's been done, it can't be done again.

That's a lot of great, free, promotion for an upcoming tour (or album) cool smiley

A BIGGER BANG (and probably the tour) got zero help from the Stones' SB appearance.
Not saying your wrong, but.. Source??

Date: January 10, 2019 03:31

Adam Levine needs to sing the song with a sexy female. End.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:32

Don’t fall for Revisionist History...
The Super Bowl performance in 2006 was STUPENDOUS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 03:42 by Kurt.

Date: January 10, 2019 03:47

Kurt

Thank you, someone I *know is true.
Furthermore, who cares if the stadiums don’t sell out? I mean, really.
It will never be 1981 again. All those young people *cough (us)
it is not the same. The world is not the same.
If tickets are still available, when Springtime comes rolling around the energy changes and those tickets will sell.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:57

Kurt

Agree.
It was the refereeing that really s*cked.. bad. winking smiley
Seahawks in their first Super Bowl and the Rolling Stones playing half time.
Enjoyed halftime...cool smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 10, 2019 04:09

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

Oh, it's around here somewhere, it pops up in various threads. Kowalski talked about how ABB sales were flat after SB40 and, well, all you have to do is look up the attendance of a number of US shows in 2007 to see how the tour turned out - as I recall, quite a few shows with a good number of seats remaining unsold.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 10, 2019 04:41

I hear they were being asked to do "She's a Rainbow"

Date: January 10, 2019 04:52

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

Oh, it's around here somewhere, it pops up in various threads. Kowalski talked about how ABB sales were flat after SB40 and, well, all you have to do is look up the attendance of a number of US shows in 2007 to see how the tour turned out - as I recall, quite a few shows with a good number of seats remaining unsold.

If anything, the all around lackluster spectacle of the Stones might have actually hurt sales for both the album and tour.
The curiosity of seeing the Stones live for those who haven't was no mystery anymore, and the new tune they played paled in comparison to their classics.
In a sense, their appearance sort of backfired.

MKjan
I hope the Stones (or Mick solo) do not go anywhere near the Super Bowl. I wish
they never did it in '06.

Yes, it wasn't amongst their finest moments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 04:52 by Hairball.

Date: January 10, 2019 05:13

Date: January 10, 2019 05:17

Super Bowl LIII HalfTime Show

Sunday, February 3, (2019) Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 10, 2019 05:30

Mr Jimmy
Sounds like total bullshit...
so does an "upcoming album'...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home