Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Stones at Super Bowl 53?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 8, 2019 23:10

Take with a sizable grain of salt...

Maroon 5 Hoping To Land The Rolling Stones For Super Bowl Halftime Show

[hollywoodlife.com]

Re: Stones at Super Bowl 53?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 8, 2019 23:24

Don't believe this will happen, but a Super Bowl appearance or party or some type of promotion or advertising around the game would make sense with the NFL already partnering with them some for the tour.

Despite the initial rush on tickets, I believe there are still a LOT of tickets to be sold for these stadium gigs. I'm betting on at least some ads/commercials.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: January 8, 2019 23:51

Absolutely no way as a band - they have had their moment at the Super Bowl.

Less than 1% chance Jagger or Ronnie would do something like this, but I think this is just newspaper filler.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 9, 2019 00:16

Of course. They did it already, no way they do it again, especially as a sidekick to . . ..[who?]. . .anyone.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2019 00:24

Those Maroon 5 boys should do Feel On Baby
and bring Keith out ta do a lil groove to it ………….. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 9, 2019 00:28

"Moves Like Jagger"....I could imagine Mick appearing and doing a few of his moves during this tune.
I recall the video to the tune had several appearances from Mick - Moves Like Jagger - so if not an actual live appearance, maybe he'll appear via film clips.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 9, 2019 00:43

Hairball
"Moves Like Jagger"....I could imagine Mick appearing and doing a few of his moves during this tune.
I recall the video to the tune had several appearances from Mick - Moves Like Jagger - so if not an actual live appearance, maybe he'll appear via film clips.

Did Mick ever get paid for that? He said he didn’t on David Letterman. Is that the official video? I was not interested watching it further than 10 seconds.
*butofcourse I would enjoy Mick as a guest @ super/ on the tele live!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 00:57 by 35love.

Date: January 9, 2019 02:05

Is there a real chance of seeing Mick live @ the Super Bowl?

I don’t want to get my hopes up if it is a no way and it’s a silly rumor.

‘Hopes up’ meaning I go from not caring 2 figs about the game to
excited and caring a lot.
See? Help a friend out.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 9, 2019 02:12

Of course not. That would be like Mick turning up at a Taylor Swift concert or Ronnie joining One Direction onstage.

Date: January 9, 2019 02:32

Ha Ha. Well, they better PAY Mick.
Ariana Grande in my head ‘Thank you, next, thank you, next’ that’s what’s happening on the teen scene.

Date: January 9, 2019 02:35

Definitely going to have me watching the half time show, even though the chance may be remote. I could see Mick joining in if not the whole band.

Would be a kick.. also Justin Timberlake has appeared three times dispelling the notion that because it's been done, it can't be done again.

It's a huge stage.. over 111.3 million people watched in 2017.
That's a lot of great, free, promotion for an upcoming tour (or album) cool smiley

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 9, 2019 02:58

Sounds like total bullshit...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: January 9, 2019 03:13

Well I don’t like to be baited- either I know ahead of time or don’t count me in present.
‘Thank you’

Date: January 9, 2019 03:14

And, unless it’s bloody printed on the screen where to buy tickets like Elton got...

Date: January 9, 2019 03:26

Mick In December, I like his picture!

Date: January 9, 2019 03:40

^ I do too. And I will be jazzed if I see him soon ona Sunday oxo

Date: January 9, 2019 03:45

My point about being ‘baited’
have enough respect
to announce the acts ahead of time.

Date: January 9, 2019 07:32

MisterDDDD
Definitely going to have me watching the half time show, even though the chance may be remote. I could see Mick joining in if not the whole band.

Would be a kick.. also Justin Timberlake has appeared three times dispelling the notion that because it's been done, it can't be done again.

It's a huge stage.. over 111.3 million people watched in 2017.
That's a lot of great, free, promotion for an upcoming tour (or album) cool smiley
Amazing! The Stones at the SuperBowl 2019!! cool smiley ;-)

Date: January 9, 2019 07:32

Oh Yeah!! ;-)

Date: January 9, 2019 08:22

Date: January 9, 2019 08:30

success.
“Everyone knows Maroon 5’s monster hit, ‘Moves Like Jagger’ so the idea from Adam came very easily to have them perform it with Mick and the gang. Adam would love to have a few other Stones classics be played on top of that. Adam feels that it would be great to get the Stones to a newer audience and it would clearly help their tour as it also would be a dream come true for Maroon 5 to perform with such icons,” our source adds.

“They have asked and nothing is at all confirmed, but Adam is really pulling for it and hopes that Mick and Keith and the band will say yes. Either way they are expecting a confirmation or a denial from the Stones in the next week because as everyone knows we are getting dangerously close to the game and Maroon 5 has to lock down their set.” It’s coming down to the wire as Super Bowl 53 is less than a month away, taking place on Feb. 3, 2019 at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 08:30 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 9, 2019 08:43

NAACP calling on artists to boycott Super Bowl half-time show, ‘music’s least wanted gig’

Maroon

With four weeks to go until the 2019 Super Bowl, the National Football League has yet to confirm a performer for the half-time show with A list names including Rihanna and Cardi B refusing to sing, instead standing in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick. And that may all be because of the NAACP who have revealed they have approached several artists to ‘implore them to rethink their participation’. ‘The majority of artists we’ve reached out to are standing in solidarity against the NFL. They do not want to be associated because of the protest that was started by Mr Kaepernick against racial injustice and police brutality,’ said Gerald Griggs, vice-president of the Atlanta chapter of the NAACP civil rights group, speaking to The Observer.

The NFL has become embroiled in an ongoing protest over a player’s right to take a knee during the national anthem. Colin, the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, began the protest in 2016 when he started to kneel to highlight racial inequality and police brutality against racial minorities. President Trump waded in when told the NFL that if players refused to stand for the anthem they should ‘get that son of a bitch off the field right now’. Colin left the team that year and went unsigned, leading to allegations that he was being blackballed by NFL owners and in November 2017, he filed a grievance claim accusing NFL owners of collusion to keep him out of the league. It will go to trial after a request by the league to dismiss the complaint was rejected.

Maroon 5 have long been rumoured to be the main act for the 13-minute performance but no announcement has yet been made, although reps for the band have also not denied the news.
It is thought the band has ‘reached out to more than a half-dozen stars to appear as featured guests’ but no one has agreed, leading Variety to brand it ‘music’s least wanted gig’.

Rapper Travis Scott is also thought to be performing but is reportedly facing pressure Jay-Z to pull out; pal Meek Mill also took to Twitter to claims Travis ‘don’t need that he on fire already!’

‘We appreciate the entertainers for lending their voices in opposition and standing with us. We call on artists like Travis Scott to pull out,’ added Griggs. The Super Bowl will take place on 3 February at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.

Date: January 9, 2019 10:03

I knew that Hairball but if it is an English band who’s passion is cricket...

Date: January 9, 2019 12:58

35love
I knew that Hairball but if it is an English band who’s passion is cricket...
We all knew that, 35.
Stones would be above it for the reasons you cite and more, making their appearance more likely imo.
Like I mentioned, they have already partnered with the NFL somewhat for this tour resulting in.. crickets..(see what I did there ; )

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 9, 2019 13:43

The greatest rock n roll band in the world in what is essentially a support role for Maroon F-cking 5? That would be embarrassing. No, no, no....

Date: January 9, 2019 14:18

ab
The greatest rock n roll band in the world in what is essentially a support role for Maroon F-cking 5? That would be embarrassing. No, no, no....

Nah.
A surprise cameo appearance is a far cry from "support".
No one would go along with anything that could be construed as "support".. they're legends.

Date: January 9, 2019 14:42

Taking Adam's lead, I have invited Mick and Keith to my 65th birthday party at Miami Beach April 19. Nothing is confirmed, but their appearance is about as likely as at the super bowl supporting a second-rate act.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 9, 2019 15:21

I could certainly see Mick showing up for some dancing and singing, particularly given the connection with Moves Like Jagger.

Why do people think this is unlikely? This would be right up Mick's alley.

Date: January 9, 2019 15:56

Why would it be up Mick's alley? Does he make a practice of making cameos at shows by pop groups (not Tina Turner or Peter Tosh or Buddy Guy or others at his level)? What would be the word to characterize Mick Jagger appearing to sing and dance backup on Moves Like Jagger behind Maroon 5? Start with cheesy and go from there.

The only reason would be to sell tickets and I don't think they need to do that b/c they are selling fine.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 9, 2019 16:11

Rokyfan
Why would it be up Mick's alley? Does he make a practice of making cameos at shows by pop groups (not Tina Turner or Peter Tosh or Buddy Guy or others at his level)? What would be the word to characterize Mick Jagger appearing to sing and dance backup on Moves Like Jagger behind Maroon 5? Start with cheesy and go from there.

The only reason would be to sell tickets and I don't think they need to do that b/c they are selling fine.
Taylor Swift?

It's the biggest televised audience ever...why wouldn't he consider it?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home