Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: The Rolling Stones live in Canada 2019?
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 10, 2019 17:32

SomeTorontoGirl
babyblue
SomeTorontoGirl
Burl’s Creek? Snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory... angry smiley

Just wondering are u going to any shows in the west?

Sadly, no. You?

Yes 2

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 17:53

Hairball
roller99
Hairball
mosthigh
Maybe it's for a new brand of RS 'no filter' cigarettes.winking smiley

Or it could be for the release of the new album which was rumoured to be titled No Filter, but nah...that album won't be out for years!
Still think it's for a show of some sort, but it is intriguing why bv hasn't added anything to the main tour page yet, not even a rumour.
Usually he's on top of these things, which makes you wonder...either he doesn't know all the facts yet, or he knows for a fact that it isn't a show at all.

No, it doesn't make ME wonder, it makes only YOU wonder. Everything you say is pure conjecture here. Sometimes saying nothing is the strongest response of all.

And here you are responding....maybe practice what you preach?
Of course it's all conjecture, just as 99% of the posts in this thread and the main tour thread are.

%99 of the posts here are all the drivel that you post, in almost every thread. You bored in life?

Date: February 10, 2019 18:05

The former ACC in Toronto where the Stones have played before (twice in 2013) is open for that night. As for them playing somewhere outside the city - sounds like a bad pipe dream to me.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 10, 2019 18:08

I think the ACC is too small. Unless...they do TWO shows. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 18:11

SomeTorontoGirl
I think the ACC is too small. Unless...they do TWO shows. smiling bouncing smiley

Now that’s pushing it a bit too far winking smiley. I’m amazed their doing more than their usual 14 shows tbh. 16 confirmed and that looks odds on to become 17 on Tuesday.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 10, 2019 19:19

SomeTorontoGirl

Its Scotia Bank. It it only shows one date.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 10, 2019 19:48

Buffalo has a empty stadium available with a billionaire owner who really likes the band just a short drive away...eye rolling smiley but a club show is also a possibility.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2019 20:42

bv
It is great to see that Toronto is showing up on the tour map eventually!

Great to see you added it to the official list since I last looked last night bv - now we await for official announcement either tomorrow or Tuesday?
Adds a bit more excitment and thrill to to all of this while we wait for tour opener in Maimi on April 20th...69 days and counting....thumbs up

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 10, 2019 20:50

The Sicilian
Buffalo has a empty stadium available with a billionaire owner who really likes the band just a short drive away...eye rolling smiley but a club show is also a possibility.
What does that have to do with anything? Geeez

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 20:52

The Sicilian

No chance. They were there last time. Besides, it’s only near Canada, not actually in it. So big field near Toronto it is methinks.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 10, 2019 21:50

More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

Hillsong United on June 27th at Scotiabank Arena. That means: no Stones on 29th. Not enough time to build up the stage etc.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 10, 2019 22:10

MAF
More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

Hillsong United on June 27th at Scotiabank Arena. That means: no Stones on 29th. Not enough time to build up the stage etc.

Budweiser stage. But, only capacity for 16.000.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: February 10, 2019 23:08

mtaylor
MAF
More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

BMO field,, aprox 40000+ with using the field,, ( as they have had 36000 for soccer)

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 10, 2019 23:29

mocambo ......

Date: February 10, 2019 23:35

mariano
mocambo ......

they wouldnt advertise the el mocambo like this,,

the logistics of keeping people at bay trying to get in,,

there would be a riot

Date: February 10, 2019 23:59

Hmmm... the El Mo should be reopened by then, but doubt they will stage a repeat.
[nowtoronto.com]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 11, 2019 00:52

SomeTorontoGirl
Hmmm... the El Mo should be reopened by then, but doubt they will stage a repeat.
[nowtoronto.com]

Someone listened to you STG. thumbs up

Date: February 11, 2019 01:06

Yeah, I have low friends in high places. Or high friends in low places. One of those. thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 11, 2019 01:10

shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
[nowtoronto.com]

Someone listened to you STG. thumbs up

Maybe a long shot, but...

"Over the years, it's been hard for anyone involved in the revitalization (or attempted revitalization) of the venue to get past the legendary Rolling Stones concert there in 1977 – both the El Mo's biggest bragging right and the albatross around its neck. Curran says that, yes, they have been in talks with Keith Richards and the Stones about possibly bringing them in to play again – "a long shot, but with the state-of-the-art PA, sound, lighting and broadcast centre, certainly not impossible." It will be "the biggest little venue in town," he says".

Never say never. thumbs up

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 11, 2019 01:48

SomeTorontoGirl
Yeah, I have low friends in high places. Or high friends in low places. One of those. thumbs up

I know this is OT but I saw Randy Bachman and his “Every Song Tells A Story” Tour which is really good. He is up your way next month. smiling smiley

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 02:37

What became of what was CNE Stadium, where they played 2 shows in 1994?

Date: February 11, 2019 02:41

CNE stadium was torn down after the Skydome (now Rogers Centre) opened in ‘89. The BMO Field eventually was built on CNE grounds nearby.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:17

northernale1
mtaylor
MAF
More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

BMO field,, aprox 40000+ with using the field,, ( as they have had 36000 for soccer)

I think BMO is definitely out..I doubt that Toronto FC or The football Argonauts will allow their new natural grass field torn up in the middle of the season...

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:52

ThePaleRider
northernale1
mtaylor
MAF
More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

I think BMO is definitely out..I doubt that Toronto FC or The football Argonauts will allow their new natural grass field torn up in the middle of the season...

The floor of a venue, in this case grass, is typically covered for a concert.

Anyway, it does look like Burl's Creek. The owners have invested in it since they purchased it in 2014 with the hopes of attracting large one day shows. This would check that box (obviously).

Also, the Barrie radio station, Rock 95, has been rather giddy and teasing about the rumors which, if it was just another Toronto date, they wouldn't appear as excited for.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 11, 2019 03:54

SomeTorontoGirl
CNE stadium was torn down after the Skydome (now Rogers Centre) opened in ‘89. The BMO Field eventually was built on CNE grounds nearby.

it was torn down in 1999 not 89. it would of been hard for The Stones to play there in 94

Date: February 11, 2019 04:00

More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

it was torn down in 1999 not 89. it would of been hard for The Stones to play there in 94

I didn’t say it was torn down in ‘89, I said after. Sorry for not looking up the specific date. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: February 11, 2019 04:04

More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

That '94 Vooddoo Lounge show is my favourite of the 15 times I've seen them. The last time that people rolled joints from baggies and passed them down the rows in the grandstand...thumbs up

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 11, 2019 04:29

SomeTorontoGirl
More Hot Rocks
SomeTorontoGirl

I didn’t say it was torn down in ‘89, I said after. Sorry for not looking up the specific date. eye rolling smiley

Thats what it sounded like to me also. Sorry

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 04:36

Announcement tomorrow morning (Monday) after 8am eastern on Barrie's Rock 95.7

Has to be Burl's Creek.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-11 04:36 by Jeter1984.

Date: February 11, 2019 05:36

Jeter1984
Announcement tomorrow morning (Monday) after 8am eastern on Barrie's Rock 95.7

Has to be Burl's Creek.

Rock 95 is a local Barrie radio station on their Twitter feed says they have the biggest concert announcement in their history tomorrow at 8am est

Barrie is 20 mins from burls Creek

Time will tell

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home