Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
The Rolling Stones live in Canada 2019?
Posted by: RoryLyness ()
Date: January 7, 2019 16:44

OH CANADA!!! WE Have NO Shows for YOU!!!

Or may be they will play Canada anyway?

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 21:41 by bv.

Re: OH CANADA!!! WE Have NO Shows for YOU!!!
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 7, 2019 17:15

so what? They can't go everywhere on every tour.
Plus: Seattle, Boston, NYC and Chicago are fairly close to Canada

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 7, 2019 17:19

If Toronto was their “second home” it was during the tenure of manager Michael Cohl. He hasn’t managed them for some years and frequency of Toronto visits have dropped off. The rest of your post doesn’t warrant a response.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: January 7, 2019 17:43

Way to rattle the cage! Almost thought it was a legitimate thread. 9 hr drives is also not next door. Maybe Vancouver to Seattle is reasonable. Until the next leg of the tour...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 7, 2019 19:28

Here we go again. Toronto had 2 shows in 2013 and The Buffalo show which is on the Canadian border in 2015.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 7, 2019 21:11

Chicago, New York and Seattle are right on the border.

In Europe, several countries didn't get a show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2019 21:31

It is hard to visit Canada on a tour that is named "US Tour 2019", and with a logo including the flag of The United States of America...

I remember back in 1994, the tour came via Seattle USA and ended in Vancouver Canada. They were sold out of Stones tongue pins with the Canada Maple Leaf. Then the people at the merchandise offered the US flag pin. Nobody in Vancouver took that pin for some reason. So I guess there is a difference. They do only have to make one pin for this tour may be.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 7, 2019 23:14

slewan

We should have 38 threads representing each of the U.S. states "snubbed" by the Stones this year.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 8, 2019 00:04

DeanGoodman
slewan

We should have 38 threads representing each of the U.S. states "snubbed" by the Stones this year.

grinning smiley

Idaho, Alabama, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Alaska, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maine, Utah. .

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 8, 2019 01:20

Maybe this fall a only Canada tour of West, we haven't had shows for longer than east,why not do Vancouver, Calgary or Edmonton, Regina,Winnipeg? That's only 2 1/2 weeks of their time. Say last week of Aug to start.Just a thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-08 01:23 by babyblue.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 8, 2019 01:57

Maybe the Stones promoters were "offended" when the changed the words to the Canadian national anthem to be politically correct, or "gender neutral." Even I was shocked when I heard it at the hockey game. Is there anything immune from all this pettiness.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 8, 2019 02:53

Let's face it, the weak Canadian dollar is to blame. The Stones want the US $ and that is the main reason no shows in Canada this time. There will not be a second leg so forget about that wishful thinking and get to a show if you want to see them one last time.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 8, 2019 03:54

georgeV
Let's face it, the weak Canadian dollar is to blame. The Stones want the US $ and that is the main reason no shows in Canada this time. There will not be a second leg so forget about that wishful thinking and get to a show if you want to see them one last time.

Well I have no wishful thinking, at least until I see the setlist. Really there has not been one worth fussing over since 1997. I don't need to — though I wouldn't mind to, be there to hear that one song I've not heard played live before. I've heard most of the played ones anyways. For the last couple decades, once the cowbell dings the show is basically over. After that, it's just a run for the bus string of warhorse songs.

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: January 8, 2019 05:14

RoryLyness
There was a point when Toronto became their second home.

Now.....?

Is what happened with the Prime Minister's Mommy, back in the 70's, the reason?

[1.bp.blogspot.com]

[s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

[1.bp.blogspot.com]

grinning smiley

Date: January 8, 2019 06:00

georgeV
Let's face it, the weak Canadian dollar is to blame. The Stones want the US $ and that is the main reason no shows in Canada this time. There will not be a second leg so forget about that wishful thinking and get to a show if you want to see them one last time.[/quote

No 2nd leg..how do u know this? Spill the beans man. I will be at two shows in May, in case as Keith said could be last time. I think it is last time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-08 06:03 by babyblue.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 8, 2019 08:11

Well, it's been the pattern since 2015, one tour a year.

plexi

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 8, 2019 10:08

..and it will likely stay the pattern until the end.

Because if they took more than a year off now...it's very unlikely that there woulld be enough momentum & shared motivation to re-start the motor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-08 11:42 by Spud.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 8, 2019 11:40

...Maybe they will add a gig, or two, in Toronto after their last gig in Chicago?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 11, 2019 14:24

Stoneage
...Maybe they will add a gig, or two, in Toronto after their last gig in Chicago?

Wishful thinking. They use to do 14 shows. Now it is 16, and they have a fixed schedule. You can't just add a week or to with a touring crew just like that. Contracts, venues, hotels, lots of logistics.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 11, 2019 14:47

there are some shows close to canada, like seattle eh? i've gone to vancouver from seattle for the stones a few times. smiling smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 11, 2019 17:31

Didn't Toronto have two shows just a few years ago? In 2015 Buffalo was an 90 min drive from Toronto for a show. Going to Seattle of Chicago, Is a short car ride from parts of Canada.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: January 11, 2019 19:14

Toronto last had shows when Boston and Chicago did. Would have been nice to have been fit in on this loop also. It's the lack of venue that did us in. No outdoor NFL sized stadium.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 12, 2019 22:19

The Sicilian
Maybe the Stones promoters were "offended" when the changed the words to the Canadian national anthem to be politically correct, or "gender neutral." Even I was shocked when I heard it at the hockey game. Is there anything immune from all this pettiness.
The answer to your question is NO. Please save us from the people that want to save us from everything everywhere all the time.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: January 14, 2019 20:19

diverseharmonics
The Sicilian
The answer to your question is NO. Please save us from the people that want to save us from everything everywhere all the time.
Changing "sons" to "us" in the national anthem. That outrage was years ago but it was so traumatic some people haven't quite recovered apparently. Nevertheless I doubt it played a role in the Stones' current touring plans.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: January 15, 2019 00:22

I live near Toronto and my spouse comes from near Boston.
We purchased tix for Foxboro in June.
A Canadian date would have been great but we didn't get one.
To all of you that think it's an easy commute?
It isn't.
I think a couple of things prevented a Toronto show (or two)
Weak Canadian $$.
Red tape. It's a lot of work bringing the equipment, band and crew over the border for one show. If they could have done a Canadian leg of Toronto, Montreal and Moncton? it may have made sense business wise. Only one border crossing back and forth.

Date: January 15, 2019 05:48

dennycranium
I live near Toronto and my spouse comes from near Boston.
We purchased tix for Foxboro in June.
A Canadian date would have been great but we didn't get one.
To all of you that think it's an easy commute?
It isn't.
I think a couple of things prevented a Toronto show (or two)
Weak Canadian $$.
Red tape. It's a lot of work bringing the equipment, band and crew over the border for one show. If they could have done a Canadian leg of Toronto, Montreal and Moncton? it may have made sense business wise. Only one border crossing back and forth.

I agree so am going to Seattle and Calif to see them in case just in case this is it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-15 05:49 by babyblue.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:24

The Sicilian

Without getting political - it’s personal, instead! - the Canadian PM is absolute wet fish; a total drip. Let’s all be friends... isn’t the world lovely eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:38

RoryLyness

Nor to Australia on this US Tour. Unforgivable.

Rod

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 16, 2019 12:20

Maybe this is some sort of cosmic payback for Nickelback grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:35

Angus MacBagpipe
diverseharmonics
The Sicilian
Changing "sons" to "us" in the national anthem. That outrage was years ago but it was so traumatic some people haven't quite recovered apparently. Nevertheless I doubt it played a role in the Stones' current touring plans.

I find it interesting that there exists outrage amongst some, (some not even Canadian) that the lyrics of the national anthem revert back to a gender neutral slant, as was originally written/intended.

So, for the traditionalists amongst you, perhaps you can find solace in the fact that by going back, we're going back to a 'kinder, gentler, more inclusive' tradition?!

Yeah, I didn't think so.

[globalnews.ca]

feel free to continue pontificating from your armchairs...

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home