Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17
Re: Fellow IORRRians! God Bless You All
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 14, 2021 08:27

novica
little quennie

I assume you mean little queenie of Chicago. These days, she mostly just tunes in at tour time. And she's not going to as many shows as she used to. But she's fine and is alive and well on Facebook.

plexi

Posted by: novica ()
Date: January 14, 2021 08:46

timbernardis
novica
little quennie

I assume you mean little queenie of Chicago. These days, she mostly just tunes in at tour time. And she's not going to as many shows as she used to. But she's fine and is alive and well on Facebook.

plexi
Yes !
I'm glad that she's ok !
Thanks Tim

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 14, 2021 08:47

May the good Lord shine a light on you
Make every song your favorite tune
May the good Lord shine a light on you
Warm like the evening sun

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 14, 2021 11:25

Two great posters from yesteryear: johnr and Edward Twining. I wonder what happened to them?

Date: January 14, 2021 12:06

Big Al
Two great posters from yesteryear: johnr and Edward Twining. I wonder what happened to them?

I bumped into Edward Twining on a RS Facebook forum. Told him he was missed here, but he didn't reply.

Date: January 14, 2021 12:18

DandelionPowderman
Big Al

I bumped into Edward Twining on a RS Facebook forum. Told him he was missed here, but he didn't reply.

Good to read he's still around. It's a shame he's no-longer contributing here, though.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: January 14, 2021 13:37

The missing members could mean an in/out relationship of the fanbase. 40-something is probably the average age. New members will probably repeat the issues of members before them.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 14, 2021 13:55

DandelionPowderman

That it is very nice to hear. I hope he makes a comeback here. I always enjoyed discussing with him and his well-argued posts.

And Rocky Dijon - for god's sake, come back, man!

- Doxa

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 14, 2021 14:00

DandelionPowderman
Rockman
with sssoul
Palace Revolution 2000

Tony takes some time off IORR now and then. He'll be back. We all miss the lady with sssoul dearly.

With sssoul is very missed. Hope she's ok.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 14, 2021 15:10

My go to site each morning. Hope ya all have a great day.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: January 14, 2021 15:18

Elmo Lewis
My go to site each morning...

mine too.
Every single day...for years now
1st tab is IORR, 2nd Gmail, 3rd some news web sites.

Date: January 14, 2021 15:24

DandelionPowderman

Funny now you mention him. I was reading a couple of his posts last week via the search option. 6 Years ago he sent his last message here. Good to read he still alive and kicking.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 14, 2021 15:44

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Funny now you mention him. I was reading a couple of his posts last week via the search option. 6 Years ago he sent his last message here. Good to read he still alive and kicking.

6 years... Time flies... I also occasionally read his posts when an old thread - despite moderator's wishes - pops up. Generally, it is rather depressing to read old threads - not just finding embarrassing what I have once written, but to see the names of contributors that are not here any longer...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 15:45 by Doxa.

Date: January 14, 2021 15:51

Doxa
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

6 years... Time flies... I also occasionally read his posts when an old thread - despite moderator's wishes - pops up. Generally, it is rather depressing to read old threads - not just finding embarrassing what I have once written, but to see the names of contributors that are not here any longer...

- Doxa

Your reputation here is great. Mine where embarrassing. I blew five nicknames.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-14 16:06 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: January 14, 2021 16:29

Doxa

- Doxa

I hear you, Doxa. One could be forgiven for mistaking me for an illiterate person, going by my posts, circa 2005-'06. The spelling! The grammar!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 14, 2021 17:25

I've been here since the ABB tour in 2007 though looked in from around 2000. I only really became an active poster in the run up to the 2013 Hyde Park shows though.

Date: January 14, 2021 17:34

grzegorz67
I've been here since the ABB tour in 2007 though looked in from around 2000. I only really became an active poster in the run up to the 2013 Hyde Park shows though.

I started posting here in 2005; although, I very vaguely recollect posting circa 2004 under a different username. My participation on Stones message boards began in 2000. Instead of focusing on Microsoft Excel during I.T. class, I was busy developing my Rolling Stones obsession on Keno's Gas! Gas! Gas! message board. Happy times!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 15, 2021 00:51

Donkey Girl Scout

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 15, 2021 01:10

MadMax
Those are the very fine and precious words Keith gives us after doin' Slipping Away at Brixton.

Wait, did Keith say “Fellow IORRRians”? smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 15, 2021 01:52

Whatever happened to Rooster? Been gone 8 years. He was really gutted when Amy Winehouse passed away...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 15, 2021 02:31

novica
smileys with beer
speaking of IORRRians, does anyone know what happened to Baboon Bro ? remember him ?
few days ago, i accidentally run at some of his old posts here
he has been gone for a long time....

Been a long time.........
He started a great Reggae thread back in the day, and occasionally I'll mention his name so he's never forgotten here haha.
Mysterious as to how or why he disappeared - hope everything's alright with him...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 16, 2021 04:56

Stones Tod is still alive and well and lives in Texas. A vibrant music scene where he lives. He's on the Facebook Shidoobee page now and then.(why don't we have a FB page??!!). He came and visited me in Montana a little over a year ago on his way through. I gave him a personal guided tour of the Little Bighorn Battlefield (originally Custer Battlefield).

Still loves the Stones and went to I think 2 shows in 2019.

plexi

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 16, 2021 05:26

Ferrante 9 is sorely missed. Like a toothache. lol. If anyone remembers him and his craziness. Hey I'm still
here. I don't post as much, but still lurking around.

Date: January 16, 2021 09:06

timbernardis
Stones Tod is still alive and well and lives in Texas. A vibrant music scene where he lives. He's on the Facebook Shidoobee page now and then.(why don't we have a FB page??!!). He came and visited me in Montana a little over a year ago on his way through. I gave him a personal guided tour of the Little Bighorn Battlefield (originally Custer Battlefield).

Still loves the Stones and went to I think 2 shows in 2019.

plexi

Good to read he’s still active. They’re a good bunch, over at Shidoobee.

Our great message board is rather antiquated; and no, that’s not a reference to the average age of our regulars! It’d be nice if we could have profile pictures, etc, but, the simplicity of here is also something I rather like.

Date: February 2, 2021 20:33

I enjoyed the Lem Motlow's posts.
Does anybody know something about him?

Re: OT: Roll Call ... Where are everybody?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 4, 2021 12:15

I hardly bothered to post on IORR after hearing this. Very sad to hear.
Sharon Lawrence and me talked a lot for a lot of years, per email. The stories she told me, both about RS, Hendrix, Dylan and lot of others, was a book by themselves. And obvbiously I'm not going to get into details.The last time I talked to her, she was going to Minnesota, to talk to some people regarding Bob Dylan.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 4, 2021 13:05

Present in a far far away galaxy

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 4, 2021 13:36

I miss Stones Todd as his posts always entertained me and amused me . Last I forget he was very knowledgeable !

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 7, 2021 14:00

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman

Hi TheFlyingDutchman
What happened to your FB-account?
Got kicked out by Mark?

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 7, 2021 17:48

Flilflam is here and waiting to see the Stones in Madison Square Garden.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1267
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home