Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: IORR posting policy - Off topic and click bate subjects
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 9, 2019 09:22

wow, first off I had to lookup the term click bait. Really.... from what I can understand it means the post I made which I have been accused of consists of attention grabbing headlines
used to lure readers into clicking on normally uninteresting content. again wow. never knew I was that teck savy. let me clarify something here. I'm over sixty years of age I have lived and worked on three continents (and I don't mean on vacation ) so I have never had the need to lure anyone or anything into anything. now maybe i'm a tad naive here but I still have a childlike (for want of a better word ) interest how certain things work or happen. I have no knowledge or interest in why certain songs start with a certain key/note. but I appreciate the end product. some people on here do. kool for them. just sometimes i'm curious and in ore in a childlike way if ya want as to the inspiration for how that came about. so to call my post an example of click bait I find offensive.

having said that I appreciate this is your site and to be frank iv learnt so many things about this band that I thank you for the time and patience you have put into it these years..

however I really cannot breathe comfortably in an atmosphere where words are mistakenly or not taken out of content to be made into something that is nothing..

so I respectfully request you erase my 06230 profile .

No need to take moderation advices personal. My message is simply the fact that I need to keep the IORR subjects relevant.

In order to avoid misunderstandings I have changed the subject of this tread, as it is more about posting policy really.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 10, 2019 12:13

bv

....I am looking for a new and more modern forum, but so far I haven't seen anything that would work as expected.

Arrrrrgh ! No !

This old luddite still can't work this one properly confused smiley

But seriously folks ... I find the basic layout & format of IORR to be very refreshing in these days when everything seems to need so many bells & whistles.

[And we probably sometimes forget how lucky we are, thanks to bv, not to have distracting adverts for goodness knows what popping up every other second as we browse and use these pages.]

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 11, 2019 02:07

Spud
bv

....I am looking for a new and more modern forum, but so far I haven't seen anything that would work as expected.

Arrrrrgh ! No !

But seriously folks ... I find the basic layout & format of IORR to be very refreshing in these days when everything seems to need so many bells & whistles.

[And we probably sometimes forget how lucky we are, thanks to bv, not to have distracting adverts for goodness knows what popping up every other second as we browse and use these pages.]

A new modern forum where ya can delete ya own stuff would be good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 02:08 by colonial.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 11, 2019 10:01

Spud
bv

Arrrrrgh ! No !

I second that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home