Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR, From the vault. where to get it?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 3, 2019 16:52

I used to have copy of the original copy of this one on my old laptop. Now is the laptop crashed and the copy gone. I can’t find it in The Rolling Stones Store or anywhere else to buy or download it. Can anyone help me out with this one?

Re: THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR, From the vault. where to get it?
Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: January 3, 2019 16:59

See for example [www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-03 17:15 by snarf2014.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 3, 2019 17:33

It is an official release, so nobody will post it here.
Your email is hidden, so nobody can send you a link.
Now what?

And btw, this is the wrong forum for this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-03 17:36 by midnrambler.

Date: January 3, 2019 21:13

snarf2014
See for example [www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Ok Thank you!

Date: January 3, 2019 21:18

midnrambler
It is an official release, so nobody will post it here.
Your email is hidden, so nobody can send you a link.
Now what?

And btw, this is the wrong forum for this.

Ok thank you, I realize now that I wrote “copy” but it was an official download from Brussels Affair what I had. Issued by the Rolling Stones From The Vaults series 2011 if I’m not mistaken. Didn’t mented that it was an illegal download. I paid for it to the Rolling Stones From The Vault.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 3, 2019 21:57

That's everything nice and good, I believe you that you paid for the download as I also did. But that does not help your problem. You write "Can anyone help me out with this one?" How can we help you when we cannot contact you because your email is still hidden?

Date: January 3, 2019 22:07

midnrambler
That's everything nice and good, I believe you that you paid for the download as I also did. But that does not help your problem. You write "Can anyone help me out with this one?" How can we help you when we cannot contact you because your email is still hidden?

I was asking for a suggestion, that’s what I did, so I thought someone could give me that. Didn’t thought there was my email needed for. Didn’t even thought on the fact my e-mail was hidden. So many years back that I made this account. But I’ve solved that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 3, 2019 22:25

Thanks for your good help midnrambler!!

Date: January 4, 2019 08:20

Mick sucks! Why would this be an official release? It's just because very limited copies were made available on the official Rolling Stones website? The fans freakin' deserve better! I bought mine two decades ago on cd, but I feel badly that the young fans can't enjoy it anymore. That's kind of lame...especially for something for so DAMNED old and which should be in the public domain. Just my two cents...

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 4, 2019 08:33

charlesbaudelaire
Mick sucks! Why would this be an official release? It's just because very limited copies were made available on the official Rolling Stones website? The fans freakin' deserve better! I bought mine two decades ago on cd, but I feel badly that the young fans can't enjoy it anymore. That's kind of lame...especially for something for so DAMNED old and which should be in the public domain. Just my two cents...

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

I got this official release when it was available for download. A great quality release so clear
sound. Love You Can't AGWYW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-04 10:59 by babyblue.

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: January 4, 2019 12:22

The clarity of the official release is good but the 'mix' on the original bootleg is far better in my opinion. So much so that I find the official release a bit irritating. For me the boot 'Gimme Shelter is their finest live moment. Incredible guitar weaving! Go find the original!!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 4, 2019 12:27

Does anyone know why Brussels Affair has never been released on CD outside of Japan? Ladies 'n Gentlemen got a CD-only release.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 4, 2019 12:55

I bought the last in stock from Amazon USA Brussels CDs
[www.amazon.com]
It is a pot of gold.

Date: January 5, 2019 06:17

Where can I find the original mix of it? I've only ever heard the official release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-05 06:19 by NeverMakeASaintOfMe.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 5, 2019 10:03

U can find the official CD release/box set on Ebay for hundreds of dollars. There was a recent thread here on the RS store including discussion of the annual post-Xmas sale in which Hairball and others mentioned that a few years ago, a massive super deluxe box (literally)set was sold for $150 on one of those end of year sales. Really wish I knew of and grabbed one at that time.

plexi

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 5, 2019 21:31

just adding as many do. The original bedspring symphony/Brussels definitive edition boots wee all over the official release - if you like organic sounding mix's that is. the official sounds processed and dynamic range compromised, altho having said that. the bottom end of the official is strong, maybe not for me but some like it

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 5, 2019 21:37

You have to have them both, the bootleg and the official one, because -besides two tracks- it are not the same recordings. They played two concerts that day, one recording is from the afternoon concert and one is from the evening concert.

Date: January 5, 2019 21:48

There was no duplication of the Bedspring/King Biscuit Flower Hour tracks and the official release?

plexi

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 5, 2019 23:29

timbernardis
There was no duplication of the Bedspring/King Biscuit Flower Hour tracks and the official release?

plexi
Brown Sugar (with announcement), Midnight Rambler and Street Fighting Man are from the 1st show (KBFH tracks). Plus overdub of MT solo in All Down The Line. These are the same for bootlegs and official release.

Additionally, original archive download version of Angie came with a number of digital clicks (some said those were vinyl pops, like if a needledrop was made). Those clicks were removed for CD.

Marquee 1971 (DVD+CD) + Brussels 1973 (2CD) boxes are still available from Japan. Although, not very cheap
[www.amazon.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-05 23:31 by ironbelly.

Date: January 6, 2019 11:28

ironbelly
timbernardis

plexi
Brown Sugar (with announcement), Midnight Rambler and Street Fighting Man are from the 1st show (KBFH tracks). Plus overdub of MT solo in All Down The Line. These are the same for bootlegs and official release.

Additionally, original archive download version of Angie came with a number of digital clicks (some said those were vinyl pops, like if a needledrop was made). Those clicks were removed for CD.

Marquee 1971 (DVD+CD) + Brussels 1973 (2CD) boxes are still available from Japan. Although, not very cheap
[www.amazon.co.jp]

I do not find it at this link nor in the link in the second post of this thread by snarf2014. A little help?

plexi

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 6, 2019 12:08

timbernardis
ironbelly
timbernardis

plexi

[www.amazon.co.jp]

I do not find it at this link nor in the link in the second post of this thread by snarf2014. A little help?

plexi
What do you mean?

The information about content and mixes was discussed long time ago (old threads on this forum) or summary here
[www.rollingstonesnet.com]

The downloads are off for a long time. The links on the archive site are not active, you can not download or purchase there.

Links to amazon and cdjapan will bring you to internet shops in Japan, where you can purchase physical media Marquee 1971 (DVD+CD) + Brussels 1973 (2CD) set for some 8500 JPY.

Nobody will provide you an open link to officially issued material for free download on this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-06 12:09 by ironbelly.

Date: January 10, 2019 17:29

35love
I bought the last in stock from Amazon USA Brussels CDs
[www.amazon.com]
It is a pot of gold.

That's a bootleg, albeit with three of the songs (with a different mix) that ended up on the official live album smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home