Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: World Junior Ice Hockey Championships 2019
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 1, 2019 17:34

...In British Columbia, Canada this time around. Victoria and Vancouver to be more specific. So, after some interesting games in the preliminaries it's time for quarterfinals.
Which will be played in this order:

January 2, (local time):

13:00 Sweden - Switzerland
15:30 Canada - Finland
17:00 United States - Czech Republic
19:30 Russia - Slovakia

I have watched all the teams, except Denmark, play. Swedes have done better than expected and won their group. I'm especially fond of defenders Erik Brännström and Rasmus Sandin.
Our forwards looks a little bit paler though. However, many Swedish players have been caught with stomach disorder. It's a bit worrying.

Canada have looked good too. Unfortunately they lost to Russia yesterday (2-1) so Sweden will face them, possibly, in the semifinals. Out of the eight teams I would point out Slovakia
as the weakest one. Of course the quarterfinals could go either way but here are my predictions: Sweden and Canada in semifinal one and Russia and USA in number two.
Final? Perhaps Canada and Russia? So, which are your predictions? Have you watched any games so far?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-01 19:02 by Stoneage.

Re: OT: World Junior Ice Hockey Championships 2019
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: January 1, 2019 18:22

I was at the Blue Jackets vs. Senators game in Cbus last night, and watched a bit of Denmark vs. Czech Republic in the bar beforehand... Czechs handled them easily, but I only really saw the third period.

Listened to the end of Russia vs. Canada on the way home on Sirius, with Canada falling 2-1.

Wish I had the NHL Network to watch, but I do have the Center Ice package again this year.

Always up for The Stones or hockey anytime!!

Date: January 2, 2019 09:06

Bump! Come on! Am I (and TKinOH) the only ones interested in hockey here? DGA 35, Doxa? Have you already given up on your team's chances?
Four quarterfinals coming up today. So far all the "big" teams are in with a chance to make it...

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 2, 2019 10:05

I shared workspace with the Swedish Goalkeeper from the early 80's world championships in 2008/9 and Jan didn't even know that it had been reported on in the Net generation, by the way he had more penalty minutes than anyone else on his team... hilarious, do you only fight instead of play?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 2, 2019 10:18

Excuse me but is this thread Stones related,?

Date: January 2, 2019 10:29

No, it's not. Do you have a problem with that?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 2, 2019 10:50

Stoneage
No, it's not. Do you have a problem with that?

No! This is a Stones site remember??

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home