Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith singin abt Anita?
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: December 30, 2018 02:29

I apologize if this is another thread somewhere but on memory motel is Keith singin abt anita.. gotta a mind of her own and she she use it well and one of a kind....she was such a gorgeous woman late 60s early 70s...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 02:36 by mitchrambler.

Re: Keith singin abt Anita?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 30, 2018 03:25

I dunno.

Keith or I might have had the initial idea (for a song), but after a while you can't separate who wrote it. We just sit down and do them, sometimes in the studio, sometimes at home. Like here, this song, Memory Motel, I wrote the first part, the piano part, which I played. Course I had to take time off from the Stones... that takes a lot of my time, let me TELL you... but I don't mind, it's my own time - to do my own solo stuff on the LP, but more of that later. So anyway... I play the bloody piano, right? Okay, so I'm going, mmmmm-mmmmm, a-mmmmmm, and Keith goes, hmmmmmgghh... uhhh... that sounds all right..., and I say, Well, I only just started it, I ain't finished yet, 'cause I like to get everything finished, done, written on paper, typed up, all written out. But he doesn't like that so he says, I've got a middle bit here, and he sits down at the other piano, the electric piano, and he plays the middle bit. Then I learn that and he learns my part, and THEN we make the track, and I sing what I've got. And then I go and finish the words. They're all done in a day. And in fact, when Keith wrote the middle bit, he did those words... he goes... mmmm... she's got a mind... of her own... Anyway, that's how, for instance, we wrote that song. Boring, isn't it?
- Mick Jagger, 1976

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 30, 2018 03:52

No proof, just always presumed he's singing about Anita on "You Got the Silver," "Sure the One You Need," "Memory Motel," and as one of the people in "All About You." The thing is, Mick and Keith both twist things around. Songs that sound like a romantic relationship are about one another, but hidden a bit. Likewise, several songs about failed relationships can be viewed as songs about addiction as well. They are or were very clever and underrated lyricists.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 30, 2018 09:29

I think Coming Down Again is definitely about the Brian/Anita/Keith triangle.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 30, 2018 10:57

Will we ever know who wrote "Who's that woman on your arm All dressed up to do you harm"? Keef about Bianca or Mick about Anita?
Yeah they were clever lyricists!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 30, 2018 12:58

On the above ...I always knew Memory Motel was Mick about Linda Ronstadt. Maybe Keith was reflecting on Anita for his little counterpoint

Posted by: django ()
Date: December 30, 2018 14:01

exhpart
On the above ...I always knew Memory Motel was Mick about Linda Ronstadt. Maybe Keith was reflecting on Anita for his little counterpoint

According to Jann Wenner the song is about Mick's releationship with Annie Leibovitz.

Date: December 30, 2018 14:26

I always thought it was about MICK's relationship with Carly Simon. She's from the Boston area. He sang back-up vocals on Your So Vain.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: December 30, 2018 14:41

Has anyone considered that Mick and Keith just write love songs without anyone in mind sometimes. I write lyrics and poems and they're not always personal, the words just verify the emotion, its not always autobiographical when it comes to lyrics, they just seem to fit and strike a chord with the music..

Love is universal, a feeling that doesn't always tie in with a particular person, the music in itself can carry those emotions without the need for lyrics but Mick and Keith do need something to sing lol.
I'm sure the core of Keith's songs have sentiment in them, Love , loss, unrequited Love, lust, frustration, friendship, family members inc children and babies, all these themes run into Keith's ballads.
I think Sleep Tonight is definitely about Patti, Coming Down Again is curious because Keith refuses to sing it live, so that one is deeply personal to him or he finds it disrespectful to Patti. Maybe some of Keith's finest songs are too personal to him for release and we will never hear them, who knows, i bet he's wrote hundreds he hasn't released.
Other than mentioned above Keith's ballads could be about anyone, someone he likes from afar that he knows he can't be with , or some could be about no one in particular, the words just fit the feel of the music.
It's possible songs like "Just A Gift" or "Suspicious" from CH could be his imagination running wild for all we know..

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 30, 2018 14:59

django

According to Jann Wenner the song is about Mick's releationship with Annie Leibovitz.

Aw God... Mick no! confused smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 30, 2018 15:11

But who is Mr. Jimmy?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 30, 2018 16:24

uhmmm...Mick and Keith's love songs are to each other.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: December 30, 2018 16:41

BitchKeepsBitchin
I always thought it was about MICK's relationship with Carly Simon. She's from the Boston area. He sang back-up vocals on Your So Vain.

Why do people on this board always think every song is about someone real? And by this I mean every single time. Jagger himself has admitted that he rarely writes about real people. I listen to these songs and rarely think they are about real people.

Date: December 30, 2018 17:01

stanlove
BitchKeepsBitchin

Why do people on this board always think every song is about someone real? And by this I mean every single time. Jagger himself has admitted that he rarely writes about real people. I listen to these songs and rarely think they are about real people.

Haha.. I was just coming over to write that.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 30, 2018 17:59

Keith is singing about Brenda. ....
Jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 30, 2018 18:18

I imagine most fans associate it with the writer's life if it seems to fit whether the writer meant it consciously or not.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: December 30, 2018 21:39

stanlove
BitchKeepsBitchin

I guess, we will never know, but some seem to be related to a real person or situation in their lives. Playing Angie live in 2017, Keith went to his knees at the end of the song, and then quickly to the back of the stage, and it seemed he was crying. For me, clearly a sing, that this song is closely related to Anita who had had passed away only a short time earlier.
Their sure are others that are not related to some one in particular, just capturing a certain mood one of them was in when writing the lyrics.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 30, 2018 21:47

TornFrayedSue
stanlove
BitchKeepsBitchin

I guess, we will never know, but some seem to be related to a real person or situation in their lives. Playing Angie live in 2017, Keith went to his knees at the end of the song, and then quickly to the back of the stage, and it seemed he was crying. For me, clearly a sing, that this song is closely related to Anita who had had passed away only a short time earlier.
Their sure are others that are not related to some one in particular, just capturing a certain mood one of them was in when writing the lyrics.

He also may have cried, because his liquor cup was empty.
Jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home