Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones and disabled fans
Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: December 28, 2018 19:11

I recently re-read Bill Germans excellent book and had a different impression of Stones re: disabled fans.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Re: Rolling Stones and disabled fans
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 28, 2018 20:15

Good luck with that.
I symapathize with his issues, but Its the venues that control the ADA seating, not the band or promoter.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 28, 2018 20:59

True about the venues being responsible to have ADA seats; accessibility etc.,
but it's not their responsibility to price and sell them.

Based on this story and some who posted about issues here, during the pre-sales they may not have offered many (or any) of the ADA at face value, leaving only the Platinum etc. as their choice. Course, similar could be complained about re pit tickets, but for some ADA are the only option they had. I think he has potentially a good case against the promoters and perhaps the band depending who made the ticket release call.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2018 22:24

"Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism."

- Doxa

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 28, 2018 22:35

OK I have a question here. For Levi's stadium, my brother and our wives wish to attend together. He has vertigo/balance and other problems that will make it very difficult for him to attend. He is not in a wheelchair, but does use a cane. What are the possibilities for all four of us getting ADA seats, him and his party of three others including myself? Would he have to prove he has balance or other issues somehow?

Has anyone had experience with ADA seating and do u know the requirements and how to get the seats?

plexi

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 28, 2018 23:04

timbernardis
OK I have a question here. For Levi's stadium, my brother and our wives wish to attend together. He has vertigo/balance and other problems that will make it very difficult for him to attend. He is not in a wheelchair, but does use a cane. What are the possibilities for all four of us getting ADA seats, him and his party of three others including myself? Would he have to prove he has balance or other issues somehow?

Has anyone had experience with ADA seating and do u know the requirements and how to get the seats?

plexi

Call the stadium. Be honest and ask them.
Do yourself a favor and don't try to scam the system.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: December 28, 2018 23:19

Found this interesting information. From,what it states, ADA seating must be priced similar to the regular seats around the area.

[www.ada.gov]

Harpo

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 28, 2018 23:36

From the ada.gov site. This is pretty scuzzy, but not surprising.

Ticket Transfers and Secondary Ticket Market

If venues permit patrons to give or sell their tickets to others, the same right must be extended to patrons with disabilities who hold tickets for accessible seats and to persons with disabilities who intend to buy or receive tickets on the secondary ticket market. An individual with a ticket for an accessible seat may transfer it to anyone, including someone who does not have a disability. Venues cannot require that accessible seats only be transferred to someone with a disability.

Date: December 29, 2018 03:06

Kurt
timbernardis

plexi

R u implying that I m trying to scam the system?

plexi

Date: December 29, 2018 04:35

timbernardis
Kurt
timbernardis

plexi

plexi

Yes and I’m advising you not to...
Unos, dos, tres, catorce
Turn it up loud, captain

I’m also answering your question to the best of my ability.

Date: December 29, 2018 05:03

timbernardis

plexi

Used ADA seating for a few shows during the Zip Code tour.
Had both hips replaced several weeks before the tour and got my doctor to authorize a "temporary" ADA placard.

If your friend gets one of those (or equivalent) prescribed, the ADA seat would be legit, which also allows for one "companion" seat next to it for the able bodied person accompanying him. Two would be the maximum, and then you could look for two non ADA seats nearby.

As far as getting the ADA seat, different venues have different options.
Some you buy just through TM, some also can be obtained by contacting the venue.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 29, 2018 13:34

Date: December 29, 2018 14:24

keithglimmer
I recently re-read Bill Germans excellent book and had a different impression of Stones re: disabled fans.

[www.nydailynews.com]

Physically or mentally disabled? Interesting topic.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 29, 2018 15:25

I got ADA seats for Seattle no problem. Prices same as other seats in section . I'm not in a wheelchair yet but do have to use a cane & have a difficult time getting around. I have ID issued by the state stating that as far as the state is concerned, I'm disabled. Have kept working but I don't think I'm going to be able to much longer. Good thing the Stones tickets went on sale whilst I am still employed! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-31 23:13 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 30, 2018 15:13

Also here: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: December 30, 2018 20:28

Kurt
timbernardis
Kurt
timbernardis

plexi

plexi

Unos, dos, tres, catorce
Turn it up loud, captain

Look buddy I told u of my brother's physical handicap, u don't believe me? And we want to sit with him, what's wrong with that?

plexi

Date: December 30, 2018 20:31

MisterDDDD
timbernardis

plexi

Used ADA seating for a few shows during the Zip Code tour.
Had both hips replaced several weeks before the tour and got my doctor to authorize a "temporary" ADA placard.

If your friend gets one of those (or equivalent) prescribed, the ADA seat would be legit, which also allows for one "companion" seat next to it for the able bodied person accompanying him. Two would be the maximum, and then you could look for two non ADA seats nearby.

As far as getting the ADA seat, different venues have different options.
Some you buy just through TM, some also can be obtained by contacting the venue.

OK that answers my question. Then I will sit with him and the wives (hopefully) nearby. Thanks for helping. Appreciate it.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-30 20:33 by timbernardis.

Date: December 31, 2018 18:36

timbernardis
Kurt
timbernardis
Kurt
timbernardis

plexi

plexi

Unos, dos, tres, catorce
Turn it up loud, captain

Look buddy I told u of my brother's physical handicap, u don't believe me? And we want to sit with him, what's wrong with that?

plexi

Plexi,

ADA seating is required in US arenas and stadiums to fairly accommodate disabled fans in wheelchairs. A "companion" seat is offered, usually a folding movable chair, to be placed next to the wheelchair.

As for your brother...has he seen an Otolaryngologist? He may have Meniere's Disease and it should be checked out. Loud noise and concerts can be a tricky thing if that is his condition.

As your "buddy" I recommend that your brother wear a very high quality earplug if he does go. These have been discussed widely here on this board.

Again, I advise you to call the stadium.

I wish you and your family the best.

Date: December 31, 2018 19:19

Kurt

Plexi,

ADA seating is required in US arenas and stadiums to fairly accommodate disabled fans in wheelchairs. A "companion" seat is offered, usually a folding movable chair, to be placed next to the wheelchair.

To be fair, that's not entirely accurate.
ADA seating is required for both people who utilize wheelchairs and for those with limited mobility that don't. 1% of all seating is required for each. Many companion seats are regular seats depending on whether a wheelchair is needed at all. Seats for people with "limited mobility" are normally aisle seats with armrests removed or similar. There are many other ADA requirements as well (assisted listening devices,bathrooms etc.)

Current requirements outlined here..
[www.ada.gov]

Date: December 31, 2018 22:55

MisterDDDD
Kurt

Plexi,

To be fair, that's not entirely accurate.
ADA seating is required for both people who utilize wheelchairs and for those with limited mobility that don't. 1% of all seating is required for each. Many companion seats are regular seats depending on whether a wheelchair is needed at all. Seats for people with "limited mobility" are normally aisle seats with armrests removed or similar. There are many other ADA requirements as well (assisted listening devices,bathrooms etc.)

Current requirements outlined here..
[www.ada.gov]

Fair enough.

Date: January 1, 2019 01:02

Kurt
Fair enough.

It is a confusing issue, and there are many who scam the system.
(Red Rocks has a notorious issue with it as the ADA seating includes the first couple rows)
But the 1% limited mobility seats often have a lot go unsold, and they are then reverted to regular tickets as they are not able to accommodate wheelchairs.
As I mentioned I utilized them for the Zip Code tour and they were great (especially at the festival in Quebec), but now that I am fully recovered, I wouldn't try to use them as they are not necessary. A really good option for those that have issues with stairs, vertigo, etc. though.

Date: January 1, 2019 03:06

Well my brother does have vertigo and I think something else, will have to ask him. Will plan on calling Levi's. Hope some of these seats are still available and that they weren't all sold when tickets went on sale or since then.

plexi

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 1, 2019 05:26

i say now don't be silly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-01 06:24 by misterfrias.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home