Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Best record of Christmas R&R songs!
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 24, 2018 18:58

Last minute sharing of that info on a great rock and roll record of rocking Christmas songs. Enough of the boring trad. Christmas songs.

Produced by Little Steven from The Underground Garage radio show " Christmas A GO Go". is fantastic. This isn't a commercial. Just want to share. I listen to it on my streaming service Napster.

[www.allmusic.com]
Merry Christmas,

Rock and roll,
Mops

Re: OT: Best record of Christmas R&R songs!
Date: December 24, 2018 19:29

Keith Richards is #1, opening the list with his "Run Rudolph Run"; Little Steven loves his Berrystones!

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 24, 2018 19:41

I love Christmas music...pretty much in all shapes and sizes.

There are the Known Classics (Phil Spector, the original Soul Christmas, Elvis, Chet Atkins, etc.) the Unknown Classics (A Christmas Kind of Town by Marah, Seven Gates by Ben Keith and Friends) that get pulled out and played and played in my home starting the day after Thanksgiving...and then there is always the new stuff.

Hey! Merry Christmas! by The Mavericks has my vote for the best Rock Christmas album of this year. Just a great swingin' disc with a warm, retro sound that captures the joy and spirit of the season.

Last years Christmas Christmas by Cheap Trick, or 2007's Christmas With The Smithereens are also some pretty rockin' Christmas discs that include covers of earlier Rock Christmas songs (Like "Father Christmas") that will make the season bright and the nights anything but silent!.

Clapton's X-mas album is solid, and the Monkees' new cover of McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" proves (like the one The Shins did a few years back) that Paul's song is a lot better than his own annoying recording of 29 years ago.

The Old 97's put out Love The Holidays, which (like The Mavericks' album) has mostly new songs, including the beautiful "Snow Angels" and "Hobo Christmas Song" which get points from me for including yodeling!

As I've mentioned on this site before, THE Christmas song of this year is "Christmas Everywhere" by Rodney Crowell, with a sudden shift in mood that is to say the least, mind-blowing.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-24 23:12 by loog droog.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 24, 2018 20:33

For what it's worth, here's one of my Christmas songs collections. Mainly r & b.
Hope it works well, the link. Enjoy.

[wetransfer.com]

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: December 25, 2018 05:15

Although technically blues, Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin by Albert King. Classic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-25 05:16 by TravelinMan.

Date: December 25, 2018 05:53

twisted sister made a good one
there are also several collections of hard rock artists doing xmas tunes.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 25, 2018 12:58

loog droog
I love Christmas music...pretty much in all shapes and sizes.

There are the Known Classics (Phil Spector, the original Soul Christmas, Elvis, Chet Atkins, etc.) the Unknown Classics (A Christmas Kind of Town by Marah, Seven Gates by Ben Keith and Friends) that get pulled out and played and played in my home starting the day after Thanksgiving...and then there is always the new stuff.

Hey! Merry Christmas! by The Mavericks has my vote for the best Rock Christmas album of this year. Just a great swingin' disc with a warm, retro sound that captures the joy and spirit of the season.

Last years Christmas Christmas by Cheap Trick, or 2007's Christmas With The Smithereens are also some pretty rockin' Christmas discs that include covers of earlier Rock Christmas songs (Like "Father Christmas") that will make the season bright and the nights anything but silent!.

Clapton's X-mas album is solid, and the Monkees' new cover of McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime" proves (like the one The Shins did a few years back) that Paul's song is a lot better than his own annoying recording of 29 years ago.

The Old 97's put out Love The Holidays, which (like The Mavericks' album) has mostly new songs, including the beautiful "Snow Angels" and "Hobo Christmas Song" which get points from me for including yodeling!

As I've mentioned on this site before, THE Christmas song of this year is "Christmas Everywhere" by Rodney Crowell, with a sudden shift in mood that is to say the least, mind-blowing.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Some nice choices there, thanks.

Merry Xmas.

Date: December 25, 2018 17:29

Great I am going to listen to all of your suggestions: Thank you.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 25, 2018 23:42

Keith and Dave do great Run Rudolph Run versions but it's tough to beat Chuck's.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: December 26, 2018 04:07

The Ventures: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 26, 2018 13:18

John Legends new Christmas album . So nice and jazzy !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1628
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home