Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Richard LLoyd and Anita
Posted by: sizey ()
Date: December 21, 2018 16:57

Hi there,

Has anyone charted the association with Lloyd and Pallenberg? I get the feeling she saw Lloyd with Television first - but that would be 1978 - did he hang out with her and Keith after that?

Ta!

Re: Richard LLoyd and Anita
Date: December 21, 2018 21:03

After '78

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-21 21:04 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: December 21, 2018 22:24

Anita loved the New York band Television and she tried to befriend Tom Verlaine and Lloyd, but Verlaine is notoriously reclusive and shy, opposite of Lloyd who ended up going to Stones events with Anita from 1978 to 1980.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 21, 2018 22:33

I wanna hear that cassette ……………………..Chucky No Looky…..

ROCKMAN

Date: December 21, 2018 22:53

Richard Lloyd -- Everything Is Combustible …..

ROCKMAN

Date: December 21, 2018 23:03

Richard Lloyd 7" single 1981 ……………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 21, 2018 23:20

Worth noting that Marlon turned 4 in 1973. Not sure he was riding a tricycle when he was 9 years old. The book is a good read, but there are always those moments that stop me in my tracks.

Still wonder if "Chucky No Lookee" is something like "Munich Reggae" with a guide vocal.

Date: December 21, 2018 23:26

…. Yeah know what ya mean Bill …. things are a bit hazy I'd say

ROCKMAN

Date: December 21, 2018 23:35

chatoyancy
Anita loved the New York band Television and she tried to befriend Tom Verlaine and Lloyd, but Verlaine is notoriously reclusive and shy, opposite of Lloyd who ended up going to Stones events with Anita from 1978 to 1980.

Chatoyancy, I get the impression you were fairly close with Television, then and in later years. I'd love to have you and Palace Revolution 2000 have a thread where you just exchange stories. You've both led interesting lives.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: December 22, 2018 00:01

Television still play live, with Jimmy Rip on second guitar. Rip has been playing with Tom Verlaine since 1980. Mick Jagger borrowed Rip for "Wandering Spirit" (Mick's best solo album). Television were fantastic at the Teragram club in Los Angeles about a year ago. See them if you can.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 22, 2018 01:27

Oh, yeah, he looked like Brian Jones. Sure.

Date: December 22, 2018 03:24

chatoyancy
Television still play live, with Jimmy Rip on second guitar. Rip has been playing with Tom Verlaine since 1980. Mick Jagger borrowed Rip for "Wandering Spirit" (Mick's best solo album). Television were fantastic at the Teragram club in Los Angeles about a year ago. See them if you can.

Jimmy was around Mick as early as Bette Midler's video for "Beast of Burden." He also played rhythm guitar on PRIMITIVE COOL and toured with Mick in 1988. The arrangements Chuck keeps the master of were started by Jimmy in 1988. The Empress Valley box set of rehearsals comes from when they were working out live arrangements of tons of songs. Many of these arrangements were kept intact once the Stones started playing them live years later. Jimmy deserves a lot of credit.

Interesting to me is that Jimmy Rip and Jim Barber (who played guitar on "Too Much Blood" and also played rhythm guitar on PRIMITIVE COOL) were associated with Paul Collins and The Beat. Everyone connects somewhere.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 22, 2018 04:27

Rockman
…. Yeah know what ya mean Bill …. things are a bit hazy I'd say

Enjoyed those pages thanks but yeah... Stones rehearsed at Warhol's compound not Peter Beard's house (he was a neighbour).

Posted by: sizey ()
Date: December 22, 2018 05:00

Thanks very much! I assume the Lloyd/Pallenberg alliance endured after the Scott Cantrell shooting? The only reference I have which is firm is thje two of them together at the Peter Tosh concert during August 1979

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home