Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT : The raconteurs' new song
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 23, 2019 22:05

Just listened to the new album. Its good, although easily the worst of their 3. In fairness to them though, I don't hold that against them AT ALL. Their debut is great, and IMO their second is an all time classic, so I judge them on a very biased grading scale. While I love them, they've given some incredible material in two albums. Sure I'd love more, but at this point as long as they are active and I get decent songs I'm happy, and thats exactly what this album is for me. Looking forward to hearing some live. Will absolutely keep listening. Don't remember hearing anything I didn't like which is good. Also love that its a 40 minute album.

So happy they are back.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:20

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2019 01:37

Glam Descendant
Cool:

[variety.com]

Hot tip, if you do this, the lenticular cover then fits easily inside the sleeve (put some paper over any sticky patches that remain).

I'm loving the new album, and all of the songs are even better live, so the upcoming tour should be awesome, can't wait.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: June 25, 2019 15:52

I listened to the album last night and I’ll be damned if I can remember anything about it apart from an odd cover of the Donovan track, ‘Hey Gyp’ and two songs in a row end with the sound of clattering drumsticks. Maybe it needs a second listen but I couldn’t have been less impressed. At least the first two had some memorable songs.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home