Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Another Cher tour
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 17, 2018 23:47

I see Cher is coming to Vancouver again next May as part of her new world tour. This is after she did her 3 year world farewell tour back in the mid 2000's when she played here twice. At the time, I remember thinking didn't she just play here last year?

Re: OT: Another Cher tour
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: December 18, 2018 01:31

Nile Rodgers and Chic are opening... that'd be cool to check them off...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 18, 2018 02:51

whew...that's a relief.

Date: December 18, 2018 16:31

Cher is Defcon 1.
If the amount of prep, and make-up levels the Stones go through for performances or photo shoots is a Level 5; Aerosmith at a 4; Liza Minelli at a 3; and we see Dolly Parton at about a 2. But someone like Cher puts all this into perspective. She is way up there in age, yet her look grows more outrageous. She never did have any dance moves, and never could sing. So there is literally nothing at all left for her to do organically. Her only option is to dazzle us with flash and in-your-face effects, that come and go quick enough, so we don't have time to recover.
Not a criticism really; just mental wank.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 16:40

Not really a fan of her music by any stretch (although she's got a few solid pop songs), but it's amazing that she keeps on going. She is a character.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 18, 2018 16:43

Nice of you to share that.
Thanks.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 18, 2018 17:14

Palace Revolution 2000
Cher is Defcon 1.
If the amount of prep, and make-up levels the Stones go through for performances or photo shoots is a Level 5; Aerosmith at a 4; Liza Minelli at a 3; and we see Dolly Parton at about a 2. But someone like Cher puts all this into perspective. She is way up there in age, yet her look grows more outrageous. She never did have any dance moves, and never could sing. So there is literally nothing at all left for her to do organically. Her only option is to dazzle us with flash and in-your-face effects, that come and go quick enough, so we don't have time to recover.

I think Cher has/had a really nice voice and is a terrific actress.

Date: December 18, 2018 18:04

steffialicia
Palace Revolution 2000
Cher is Defcon 1.

True; "Moonstruck" and 'Silkwood' were outstanding. Wonder why she didn't pursue that career more. Didn't she win awards for those portrayals?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 18, 2018 21:10

She was nominated for Silkwood and won for Moonstruck

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 18, 2018 23:44

I got tickets for her concert in Amsterdam next september in The Netherlands.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 19, 2018 11:58

DGA35
I see Cher is coming to Vancouver again next May as part of her new world tour. This is after she did her 3 year world farewell tour back in the mid 2000's when she played here twice. At the time, I remember thinking didn't she just play here last year?

I had a great weekend winning in vegas during that tour. she was playing MGM Grand. money was buring hole in my pocket, so i figured why not & went. she was fantastic. best part was she told stories between songs. Cher has seen a lot. worth seeing once. also, i have a signed picture of Cher's bum! haha.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 19, 2018 12:27

Thanks for, er, Chering!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 19, 2018 15:58

Silver Dagger
Thanks for, er, Chering!

Likewise... [iorr.org]

Date: December 19, 2018 16:22

steffialicia
Palace Revolution 2000
Cher is Defcon 1.

her voice is unique and fits her music

Date: December 20, 2018 16:14

keefriffhard4life
steffialicia
Palace Revolution 2000
Cher is Defcon 1.

her voice is unique and fits her music
No argument there. But it's 2019, and thread is about a new tour. How much of that unique voice do you think you will be actually hearing from stage?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 21, 2018 06:20

Cher, another farewell tour?_She's okay but not my cuppa tea.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 21, 2018 07:15

If I could turn back time, not sure even then if I'd be a fan.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: December 30, 2018 22:36

Went to see her in Auckland this year and was disappointed. The show was much more about lavish sets and costumes than about the music. Short verses of a song, costume change, 4 lines of another song, another costume change. I go to a show to hear the music, not a disney production. Guess I'm just spoiled with the solid shows the Stones put on.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 30, 2018 23:41

Caught her on the Kennedy Center Honors show this past week. If her voice these days is like her looks, its frozen in space and time. Perhaps she, and all those other performers/bands on their umpteenth farewell tour, could join together, like the old Cavalcade of Stars tours put together by the late Dick Clark, and tour the world for years like Elton on his (alleged) farewell gig.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 31, 2018 00:54

really wish the glimmers would cover ‘i’ve got you babe’.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 31, 2018 00:59

Natlanta

"I got dead flowers in the spring
I got you, to wear my skull ring.."

cool smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 31, 2018 01:10

MisterDDDD
Natlanta

"I got dead flowers in the spring
I got you, to wear my skull ring.."

cool smiley

Back in 65 on Ready Steady Go they did mime the song with Cathy McGowan and Brian miming the words and Keith playing french horn.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 31, 2018 01:26

....honestly....I'm thinking about going....cheaper than a Stones ticket that's for sure.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: December 31, 2018 02:04

Ask and you shall receive.....LOL

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 1, 2019 00:40

holy crap.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 1, 2019 15:33

MisterO
Ask and you shall receive.....LOL

[www.youtube.com]

OMG
Thanks for posting that...I think I’m happy to have seen it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home