Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: What's your stones confession?
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 17, 2018 22:33

Rocky Dijon
duke richardson
i didn't like Keith's book much at all.

Not much of a confession from me, but yes, I agree with you. It changed my perception of Keith to an extent.

I would be interested in knowing the impact the book had on his relationships with Ronnie and Charlie.

that would be interesting... we know the book, or parts of it, didn't sit too well with Mick.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 17, 2018 22:38

LIFE …. lots of interesting stuff …
Spam turned Marlon into a vegetarian ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 17, 2018 23:05

SomeTorontoGirl
Not telling unless there’s a Witness Protecion Program in effect.

I of the user name Witness grant you freedom to confess, even if, admittedly, I am unable to protect you from assaults by other posters than myself.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 17, 2018 23:31

Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh June 1999: Waited 2 years for this show, first postponed due to the British Tax law changes, then clashing with the World Cup in 1998.The day finally arrives and I start drinking on the coach thru from Glasgow on my own, gets to Edinburgh visits the off-sales for a half-bottle Vodka/ numerous cans of lager which I down then promptly pass out in a stupor on the grass field outside the stadium (fortunately it was a nice day).Next thing I know I'm being shaken by two concerned security stewards. I was aware of muffled Stones music in the distance. I'd missed Sheryl Crow as opener and the Stones were 3/4 way thru' the show. The stewards kindly let me in to the stadium where I caught about the last 4 numbers. Never again! Still I did manage to get the gig on a boot. S'all good. smiling bouncing smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 17, 2018 23:31

Cooltoplady
DaveG
Cooltoplady
DaveG
This borders on blasphemy, but . . . I'm not a big fan of EOMS.

I bet you were born in the 70's or 80's

I wish! No, been a fan since 1965.

well then yes its blasphemy. smiling smiley

Where can I find forgiveness and absolution??

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 17, 2018 23:34

Get rid of backup singers let Keith and Ronnie sing backup. Having them upfront with Mick would be awesome

Date: December 17, 2018 23:35

Go to hoppy's house and listen
to Rocks Off with him under the blankets

ROCKMAN

Date: December 17, 2018 23:38

Rockman

How about 10 hail Micks and a couple of our Keith’s??

Date: December 17, 2018 23:47

Say the whole Rosary
Dave and ya just might
see his face ..... hhhaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: December 17, 2018 23:53

Amen, brother!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 18, 2018 02:44

Witness
SomeTorontoGirl
Not telling unless there’s a Witness Protecion Program in effect.

I of the user name Witness grant you freedom to confess, even if, admittedly, I am unable to protect you from assaults by other posters than myself.

My vote for finest post of 2018.

Date: December 18, 2018 03:04

Rockman

Many have dared. Few have ever been seen again.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 18, 2018 04:25

only like the website not the band.

Date: December 18, 2018 04:33

The IORR Band or the Stones?

This is treaclefingers' fault.

Date: December 18, 2018 04:59

Many have dared. Few have ever been seen again.

AAAwwwww that's right Hoppy had the blankets electrified ….ssssizzle ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 18, 2018 05:41

Rocky Dijon
Agreed 100% on BETWEEN THE BUTTONS being an underrated masterpiece.

yeh Rocky; listned to Amanda Jones yesterday and again today.
it really works for me everytime. that's just one of 'em....
i've always thought so; i guess i was too young to realize, and i don't mean
this to be the usual smartass here, too young to realize that it wasn't 'hip' or wasn't a really spectacular extension of what i had come to them for in the first place, and at the time of release I never read any slam reviews...
wouldn't have cared. i was a sophomore in High School and the lyrics to Tuesday
were really finding me down deep. for the LP to feature that, at least in the NA releases, (i knnow the UK releases were still different, but that would be almost over, just Because of beetle and Stones insisting on doing that 35 to 45 minute standard LP quantity of tracks...
i guess that i, like most everyone else I know, does rarely these days,
just let an entire album come and go as a piece.
i sorta miss it and do indulge from time to time....rarely tho.

Date: December 18, 2018 07:32

I think Mick Jagger hasn't been an amazing vocalist since early 1975. That mean growling was fantastic and it's severely missed. We got a taste of it again during the Steel Wheels and Urban Jungle and Licks tour but other than that he's been kinda lacking. Not saying he's bad though, he can still bring it for sure.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 07:50

I have no sympathy for the devil.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: December 18, 2018 08:06

I like the Dirty Work cover with the red wrapping (when you unwrap it, you have all those '80's colors). It's a clever idea -- Better than the Emotional Rescue cover.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 09:58

I was (a little) underwhelmed by Exhibitionism when I saw it is Sydney November 30.

Don't get me wrong - it WAS great. I loved what was there. But it seemed somehow smaller than I thought it would/could/should be....

...for example, each of the albums could have/should have had a little room to itself with listening booths for tracks etc, and a bit of history on their own recording...

Rod

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 18, 2018 10:13

TumblinDice76
Spud
I left Roundhay Park in '82 10 mins before the end because I had to catch the last train home .

How pathetic is that for a man with a long history of sleeping on provincial station platforms or on the pavement outside Kings Cross.

[ My excuse was that I didn't feel very well. Pathetic grinning smiley]

Between the Buttons is my least favorite Stones album. Amanda Jones is the only song besides Ruby Tuesday and Let's Spend the Night Together that I like. This album is filler at it's worst.

My Stones confession is (and yes I realize I'm putting a huge target on my back by saying this) that I don't hate Dirty Work. I like it better than Between the Buttons, Satanic, Black & Blue, Undercover, and Steel Wheals. Yes, the cover is awful, yes back to Zero and Winning Ugly are great examples of mid 80's horrible sound and production. But songs like Had it with You and Dirty Work are great examples of the Stones going back to their Chuck Berry Roots. Too Rude has always been a guilty Keith pleasure as well. Is Dirty Work a good Stones album? Of course not, but far from their worst IMO.

Well, after the bomb I dropped about not liking Between the Buttons, your post inspired me for another confession: I like Winning Ugly. (I think it's part of the 30% of DW that is not terrible). (Other guilty pleasures: I also like Indian Girl and Sweethearts Together.)

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 10:14

I can get satisfaction.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 18, 2018 10:44

I couldn't drag my ass a couple hundred miles to see Exhibitionism in NYC, despite having family and friends that live locally. Just wasn't feeling it, despite having been a fan since 1964. It's only memorabilia and pfffd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 10:46 by ab.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: December 18, 2018 11:29

- I don't like any of their early albums (before Beggars Banquet)
- Never been to a concert with Bill, but only judging from live recordings I like Darryl's playing better
- I am addicted to the warhorses and listen to different live versions of them every day

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 18, 2018 14:28

Mine is paying £250 for great seats at the 02 in 2007 and telling the wife they were £150

Seems a bargain now!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 14:35

Although I have been a fan since the age of 13 (1981) I saw the band live for the first time on 25 Nov 2012. Seen them an additional 3 times since.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 18, 2018 14:59

Straycat13
I have no sympathy for the devil.

thumbs up

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 18, 2018 15:53

Spud
I left Roundhay Park in '82 10 mins before the end because I had to catch the last train home .

How pathetic is that for a man with a long history of sleeping on provincial station platforms or on the pavement outside Kings Cross.

[ My excuse was that I didn't feel very well. Pathetic grinning smiley]

I left Earl's court in '76 during Sympathy (encore) to get the last tube to Victoria...........confused smiley

Date: December 18, 2018 16:12

I used to think that Mick Taylor's guitar solo on 'Dance Little Sister" was on a Les Paul. Once I was told about the Strat, it was just so glaringly obvious, that I have always been embarrassed by it.
I know this sounds silly to most; but I had to think on this one, and it is the only thing I could come up with.
Because most anything having to do with the Stones, and them in my life, I have not a single regret about.
One thing I feel very good about, and I bet there are others here who went through the same thing, is that I stood by the Stones through the 80's. When they, and their type of music was decidedly unhip.
OpenG made me think of one: I really like the cover of 'Dirty Work'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 18:01 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 18, 2018 16:28

I 100% hated my first live Stones show(Syracuse '81). Combination of yearning for a '72 or '75 type experience and terrible seats. Thankfully have had many positive experiences, especially from 2012 on!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home