Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Ronnie Wood with Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr London Dec 16, 2018
Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 19, 2018 21:51

Ringo's reluctance to drum by himself might go back to "Concert for Bangladesh." He found out how easy it is. It also sounds fuller, even when the two drummers are playing identical parts.

Date: December 20, 2018 04:28

That is sooo cool...only in London....

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: December 20, 2018 04:37

I'm pretty sure Roger Daltrey was also there backstage on a different footage from that show. I think Ronnie was chatting and having fun with him when Paul introduced him.

Was it Roger?

Also, did you notice Ronnie felt he had to do that stupid Rongo's peace sisn at the end?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-20 04:50 by daniel t.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 20, 2018 13:27

daniel t
I'm pretty sure Roger Daltrey was also there backstage on a different footage from that show. I think Ronnie was chatting and having fun with him when Paul introduced him.

Was it Roger?

Also, did you notice Ronnie felt he had to do that stupid Rongo's peace sisn at the end?

It was indeed Roger Daltrey.

It was a great moment to be there and witness 2 Beatles and a Stone playing together but I still think Ringo's a complete tw*t. He doesn't have one ounce of the class that our Charlie has. He's said some stupid and insulting things about Liverpool in the past. He's often rude to interviewers and his award of a knighthood earlier this year presents the strongest possible case for scrapping the ridiculous UK honours system. This 'Peace and Love' thing is so boring.

But he's the richest drummer in the World. As my granny used to say, "We live in an ill divided World".

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: December 20, 2018 14:26

Anyone know if any audio/bootleg has surfaced of the
Gig?

I understand it was professionally filmed so hopefully some release may come from it!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 20, 2018 17:03

grzegorz67
daniel t

Was it Roger?

It was a great moment to be there and witness 2 Beatles and a Stone playing together but I still think Ringo's a complete tw*t. He doesn't have one ounce of the class that our Charlie has. He's said some stupid and insulting things about Liverpool in the past. He's often rude to interviewers and his award of a knighthood earlier this year presents the strongest possible case for scrapping the ridiculous UK honours system. This 'Peace and Love' thing is so boring.

But he's the richest drummer in the World. As my granny used to say, "We live in an ill divided World".
^^^^
thumbs upthumbs up grinning smiley well said, Gregor ! glad you and wild slivovitz got to see this show!

Date: December 20, 2018 20:09

duke richardson
grzegorz67
daniel t

Was it Roger?

^^^^
thumbs upthumbs up grinning smiley well said, Gregor ! glad you and wild slivovitz got to see this show!

So are we. It was a great night but we were amongst around 1500-2000 people left stranded at North Greenwich Tube Station after the last tube left. Cue nasty scenes as we all raced to squash onto what few treacle slow double decker buses were available to take us back to the centre. WS had the added complication of needing to be at the airport by 5.30 for his flight home to Italy (He made it). We were both at work the next day grinning smiley
I got stitched up by transport problems after the Stones at Twickenham in June too and ended up spending most of the night at the coach station.

But in both cases it was absolutely 100.00 % worth it and I would do it all again without any hesitation. Our Ronnie, of course performed at both shows thumbs up. If you check his twitter account, you'll see a video of him leaving the O2 with a hood over his head straight after his performance and caught the tube with no queue. He's a local boy and he sure knew what he was doing winking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 20, 2018 22:39

I often wonder if the celebs who do 'normal' things like travelling by tube are pleased if they are not recognised....or dischuffed?

Re: Ronnie with Paul and Ringo
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 20, 2018 23:02

JoelFFFF
Is Ringo even in the mix? Looks like he doenst know how to play the song haha...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Difficult to see, but I don’t see any mikes near his drumkit.

Date: December 20, 2018 23:16

jlowe
I often wonder if the celebs who do 'normal' things like travelling by tube are pleased if they are not recognised....or dischuffed?

I imagine they like to be left alone.

[www.kix1029.com]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 20, 2018 23:30

grzegorz67
duke richardson
grzegorz67
daniel t

Was it Roger?

^^^^

So are we. It was a great night but we were amongst around 1500-2000 people left stranded at North Greenwich Tube Station after the last tube left. Cue nasty scenes as we all raced to squash onto what few treacle slow double decker buses were available to take us back to the centre. WS had the added complication of needing to be at the airport by 5.30 for his flight home to Italy (He made it). We were both at work the next day grinning smiley
I got stitched up by transport problems after the Stones at Twickenham in June too and ended up spending most of the night at the coach station.

But in both cases it was absolutely 100.00 % worth it and I would do it all again without any hesitation. Our Ronnie, of course performed at both shows thumbs up. If you check his twitter account, you'll see a video of him leaving the O2 with a hood over his head straight after his performance and caught the tube with no queue. He's a local boy and he sure knew what he was doing winking smiley

erwin and I experienced the difficulty too after the London 1 show back in May. awful to not know where the train you need was, and the directions we got somehow made it worse. did end up getting a taxi back though...
HAppy Christmas to you!

Date: December 20, 2018 23:45

duke richardson
grzegorz67
duke richardson
grzegorz67
daniel t

Was it Roger?

^^^^

erwin and I experienced the difficulty too after the London 1 show back in May. awful to not know where the train you need was, and the directions we got somehow made it worse. did end up getting a taxi back though...
HAppy Christmas to you!

And likewise to you sir, over there in whichever Carolina you live in winking smiley

Yes, I remember you and Erwin trooping back in to the Generator after me. I bumped into the rest of them after the show and we all squashed onto the Tube.

I actually think the London Stadium has the best transport links of all the big London Stadia (and Twickenham by far the worst). If the tube’s stopped Stratford has a large 24 hr bus station which will take you most places. But the occasional travel hiccup is all part of the gigging experience thumbs up.

Re: Ronnie with Paul and Ringo
Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 24, 2018 08:49

Ron, Paul & Ringo

Hairball
StarMaccaRonnie has a nice ring to it...

RonnieMaccaRingo

MaccaRonnieRingo

RingoMaccaRonnie

Macca StarWood

StarWood Macca

Woody MaccaRingo

Ringo MaccaWoody

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 24, 2018 14:46

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 24, 2018 15:01

Nice shot of a young Ronnie, Carnaby!
Thanks for posting.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 28, 2018 01:45

Told to be George and his dad but I don't see the resemblance.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 28, 2018 02:16

Gee, I don’t look like my dad more like me mom. Ok

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 28, 2018 02:49

Carnaby
Told to be George and his dad but I don't see the resemblance.

Other photos seem to match...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home