Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Ronnie with Paul and Ringo
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: December 18, 2018 03:13

The Dirty Macca

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 18, 2018 03:45

dgodkin
if that don't put a smile on your face, nothing will

This ^

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 18, 2018 05:20

Deltics
DaveG
hopkins
schillid
Nice.

Did anyone else notice/ mention: At the song's coda, the rest of the band waits for Paul to count them back in...
But Ringo comes in early which caused Ronnie to also come back in early.
It's all good...

The song does NOT have a code Schillid. It's a shit song rip off of Little Sister but at least he's not coding. That crap didn't even exist back then. Nobody even had a computer, dude, what century were you born in?
the band waits for a code. yeh, paul's gonna start the 'revolution'
we're all just waiting for the right wink at the friggin camera..
the cute one. bleeccchh.

With all due respect, do you know what a musical coda is? It is not a code, but a coda. Look it up.

thumbs up

looking stuff up ain't my forte.
i'm sort of pianissimo bout' the whole deal to be honest.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 18, 2018 09:45

marianna
Ronnie shows up for a lot of things. He's more diverse than some of the other Stones.

Ronnie would show up for the opening of a packet of biscuits !

But that's not a criticism. He probably just loves life and likes doing stuff...whatever it might be .

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 14:05

Spud
marianna
Ronnie shows up for a lot of things. He's more diverse than some of the other Stones.

Ronnie would show up for the opening of a packet of biscuits !

But that's not a criticism. He probably just loves life and likes doing stuff...whatever it might be .

grinning smiley

Probably true. Ronnie seems willing to put his guitar in the boot of his car and turn up and play anywhere any time when invited. He does more guest spots than the rest of the band put together and seems to get a warm welcome from every audience he appears in front of.

I was lucky to be there on Sunday and he was well received as usual. Note that Macca's touring drummer, Abe Laboriel Junior did not leave the stage when Ringo arrived and carried on playing. Hmmmm!!!! Whereas Ronnie's guitar was clearly audible on a song he's previously guested on at a Macca show.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 18, 2018 14:47

Some mantain that Ringo cannot really play drums anymore, so it felt safer to keep on stage Macca's drummer too. I ain't no drummer, but from the footage Ringo's contribution sounds messy. Of course in the arena I didn't pay any attention to that, since everybody was overwhelmed with the excitement of seeing these guys on stage together. It was great no matter what.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 14:48 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 18, 2018 15:03

Wild Slivovitz
Some mantain that Ringo cannot really play drums anymore, so it felt safer to keep on stage Macca's drummer too. I ain't no drummer, but from the footage Ringo's contribution sounds messy. Of course in the arena I didn't pay any attention to that, since everybody was overwhelmed with the excitement of seeing these guys on stage together. It was great no matter what.

thumbs up

I agree. I rate it as one of my greatest concert moments ever, even though I'm no fan of some of Ringo's behaviour and stupid comments he's made in the past etc, but he was a Beatle. I'm still on a high from being there.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 18, 2018 15:55

hopkins
looking stuff up ain't my forte.

Repeat and fade ...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 18, 2018 17:22

looking very strange...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Ronaldo ()
Date: December 18, 2018 20:31

Great to see Paul and Ringo playing on stage together again.....55 years on from first seeing The Beatles as a teenager in 1964 at Birmingham Town Hall.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 18, 2018 21:37

"Paul joined onstage by Ringo Starr and Ronnie Wood at The O2 London on Sunday night"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 18, 2018 22:02

Ringo probably hasn’t played get back in a lot years. I don’t care how he played, is he supposed play like Charlie.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 18, 2018 22:36

Cristiano Radtke

"Paul joined onstage by Ringo Starr and Ronnie Wood at The O2 London on Sunday night"

Ronnie was introduced before Ringo - looks like The Rolling Stones are more important than the old Beatles pal .... winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 18, 2018 22:46

Irix
Cristiano Radtke

Ronnie was introduced before Ringo - looks like The Rolling Stones are more important than the old Beatles pal .... winking smiley

Nah.
Typically works in reverse, the bigger star gets introduced last- as in this case.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 18, 2018 23:13

Sounds as if it was certainly a night to remember for the Macca gig and two Beatles and a Stone on stage together.
So glad everyone enjoyed the gig and also wondering if Ronnie did go home on the tube.
Looks like he was wearing a hoodie, but still very recognisable and probably with his body guard next to him. Can quite understand that in this day and age.

Yes! I agree that Ronnie loves gigging with friends and people he admires, just for the fun of doing it and playing his sort of music. Well done Ronnie. thumbs up

Nice one Macca and his band, Ronnie and Ringo playing 'Get Back'.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-18 23:31 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 19, 2018 00:11

Ronnie has always been a street boy, but I think his problem with cancer (fortunately without consequences) made him realize how short life is and so it's worth living.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 19, 2018 01:21

Ronnie's been doing these things since way before his cancer scare. I've now lost count of the times I've seen him pop up, unexpectedly or otherwise, at venues big and small outside of Stones tours. He just loves getting up there and playing.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: December 19, 2018 01:43

I saw Ringo & his All Starr band in 2017, they do have a second drummer, but Ringo plays drums on about 65-70 percent of the songs and plays well.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 19, 2018 01:48

Just go's to show how Charlie is still going strong and plays those drums so well for two hours at a time...…...…..song after song. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 19, 2018 02:24

Exclusive merch:

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 19, 2018 03:55

From Mary (Paul's daughter): "Rock'n'roll buddies. This makes me happy".

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 19, 2018 04:20

Beast
Ronnie's been doing these things since way before his cancer scare. I've now lost count of the times I've seen him pop up, unexpectedly or otherwise, at venues big and small outside of Stones tours. He just loves getting up there and playing.

And why he is spry loose and ready to go. Practice. Love Ron Wood. Great pics here thanks.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 19, 2018 06:04

That was truly a thing of beauty! What a nice little Christmas present for music fans.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 19, 2018 16:20

Ronnie's solo phrasing absolutely fits in this great song.

Re: Ronnie Wood with Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr London Dec 16, 2018
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 19, 2018 16:39

very historic to have Paul and Ringo playing together. I've always wondered why they didnt jam more. theyre a pretty good rhythm section

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: December 19, 2018 18:22

Is there a Macca site like IORR where we could download the whole show?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 19, 2018 18:30

No equivalent Macca site unfortunately, check Dime or YT where full shows appear quite frequently now.

Irix
Cristiano Radtke

Was wondering about that too but I think it was more a case of "saving the best" for last, yes pun intended ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 19, 2018 19:53

Always found it odd that I never hear anyone comment on how Ringo could not play without another drummer since the 70s. If Charlie did this I can only imagine all the crap the Stones would get.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 19, 2018 20:00

Hound Dog
Always found it odd that I never hear anyone comment on how Ringo could not play without another drummer since the 70s. If Charlie did this I can only imagine all the crap the Stones would get.

Apples and Oranges, really.
Ringo went on to primarily fronting a band, and the Beatles stopped being one.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 19, 2018 21:44

Ronnie's Stones/Beatles guitar what value would ya put on that now...smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home