Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Next "From The Vault"?
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 2, 2019 11:03

dcba
24FPS
Atlantic City '89 would be more welcome than LA '89

They'll never release such an average perf. AC is so much better.

Well, they released the video performance of LA '75 which may be the worst Jagger performance I've ever seen.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: February 2, 2019 22:03

GivenToFly15
Yes it is. Let’s hope for a proper (re)mix, though.

I'm hoping also. Perhaps no new mixing would be the best spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 2, 2019 22:06

flairville
dcba
24FPS
Atlantic City '89 would be more welcome than LA '89

They'll never release such an average perf. AC is so much better.

Well, they released the video performance of LA '75 which may be the worst Jagger performance I've ever seen.

Cause that's all they had from 75 (alas). For 89 they have sevreal show to choose from but only one that's outstanding (AC).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 2, 2019 23:25

It's funny, the appreciation for Atlantic City's show. They were really good on that tour, everything about it aside regarding various things like Vegas Stones, greatest hits played more like the record, in some instances, than ever before.

Seems really obvious that they should release it. Perhaps it will be one of the last vault releases, if not the last one, if they aren't done yet.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 2, 2019 23:55

Saturday October 21 1989 L.A. Coliseum MUCH superior to Atlantic City--look at that great setlist. The band was on fire that night. I don't know if it deserves a vault release. But please no AC--the bootlegs are perfect and the video is perfect so how about some '60s stuff with Brian instead?

Posted by: mg72 ()
Date: February 3, 2019 02:40

diverseharmonics
Saturday October 21 1989 L.A. Coliseum MUCH superior to Atlantic City--look at that great setlist. The band was on fire that night. I don't know if it deserves a vault release. But please no AC--the bootlegs are perfect and the video is perfect so how about some '60s stuff with Brian instead?
Atlantic City would be a reissue.
Time for:
1975/76
Tattoo You to repeat again.
Steel Wheels
Licks - there's more than what was used for Four Flicks/Live Licks.
A Bigger Bang.
Anything from the last few years.

Date: February 3, 2019 02:47

diverseharmonics

Huh. The boot I have of AC is not exactly up to par, seeing that it's the radio broadcast and it's clipped on purpose!

Date: February 3, 2019 07:47

Might be time for something from the 50 and counting/14 On Fire/Zip Code/Ole tour.
Or Steel Wheels
Or A Bigger Bang.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 3, 2019 07:58

GasLightStreet
diverseharmonics

Huh. The boot I have of AC is not exactly up to par, seeing that it's the radio broadcast and it's clipped on purpose!

The RSVP DTS Version is fantastic, also the Jointrip Version with the pre show isn't bad.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 3, 2019 09:58

Let's get Bremen 1998 released!
I want a proper Bridges to Babylon Tour Blu-Ray release.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 3, 2019 10:32

The press release around the Uncut series gave the impression it will be all the PPV's re-released as the full concerts as they always had songs cut on the official releases. So I would assume Atlantic City 89, we've had Voodoo 94, St Louis 97 and hopefully Four Flicks with all shows complete.

Date: February 3, 2019 15:36

And something for The Biggest Bang.
What will they do for The Biggest Bang?

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 3, 2019 20:29

GasLightStreet
diverseharmonics

There are several releases which are perfect. You must have a cheapo cash-in release. Get one from the video feed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 20:30 by diverseharmonics.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 3, 2019 20:39

spunky
Let's get Bremen 1998 released!
I want a proper Bridges to Babylon Tour Blu-Ray release.
Yes, Bremen would be fantastic! The warhorses in the second part of the set are played so lose how you only hear it after a year of touring. And I love that. If the Stones are concentrated they are good but if they are relaxed and lose they are truely tge greatest Rock n roll band in the world. Listen to start me up from Bremen '98

Date: February 5, 2019 04:40

What would they do for reissuing The Biggest Bang? Would they do the Austin concert + all other included concerts in full -some kind of big box set?
From the Vault needs A Bigger Bang too.
From the vault should get the Detroit show from August '05

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 5, 2019 05:49

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 5, 2019 15:02

mg72
What would they do for reissuing The Biggest Bang? Would they do the Austin concert + all other included concerts in full -some kind of big box set?
From the Vault needs A Bigger Bang too.
From the vault should get the Detroit show from August '05

The same shows from the Biggest Bang box but uncut and remastered for blu ray.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 5, 2019 15:18

What about a warm up club gig box set?
With: Chicago Double Door 1997, Toronto Palais Royale 2002 and Toronto Phoenix Club 2005

Date: February 5, 2019 15:45

diverseharmonics
Saturday October 21 1989 L.A. Coliseum MUCH superior to Atlantic City--look at that great setlist.
lol, was more or less the same Set all tour dude

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 5, 2019 17:32

spunky
What about a warm up club gig box set?
With: Chicago Double Door 1997, Toronto Palais Royale 2002 and Toronto Phoenix Club 2005

It'd be kinda cool if they boxed El Mocambo with Toronto '02 and '05!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 5, 2019 18:28

diverseharmonics
Saturday October 21 1989 L.A. Coliseum MUCH superior to Atlantic City--look at that great setlist.

"great setlist"? No guests and there's just one special song "One Hit".
I'd much rather have AC and if they want to add bonuses to the DVD they can throw in a 2-cd of the Dec. 17 show which - minus Clapton - has the same guests (incl. an hilarious "Boogie Chillen" by a completely wasted JL Hooker). I mean it wouldn't hurt to have two live versions of "Salt Of The Earth").

Date: February 5, 2019 18:33

mg72
Might be time for something from the 50 and counting/14 On Fire/Zip Code/Ole tour.
Or Steel Wheels
Or A Bigger Bang.

Atlantic City is from STEEL WHEELS.

Date: February 5, 2019 18:34

mg72
diverseharmonics
Atlantic City would be a reissue.

Seeing that Atlantic City's never been released, how would it be a reissue?

Date: February 5, 2019 18:35

mg72
And something for The Biggest Bang.
What will they do for The Biggest Bang?

Nothing, hopefully.

There's no reason to reissue a video box set, especially that one, which is awful.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 5, 2019 18:39

Hope they skip anything from 1989 till 2007.
just release stuff from 1962 till 1982.

No need for Jaggers solos stuff either

Ogh my God, now i will get punished again..

Jeroen

Date: February 5, 2019 18:47

runrudolph

Jeroen

So release more from 1971, 1973, 1975, 1978, 1981 and 1982, of which each year has a release already?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 5, 2019 18:57

runrudolph

Jeroen

So you will get nothing except Paris76. There is nothing left in the archives.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 5, 2019 19:27

Being realistic here, we know Atlantic City '89 is coming and St. Louis '97 is coming. We can assume Paris or Knebworth (or both) from '76 are coming. No one as far as I know has ever confirmed that El Macambo exists in an uncut form. Seems odd that they haven't released it yet. I also assume they will release something from the Four Flicks era (2003-2004) and possibly from the Bigger Bang Tour. Other than that we might already have it all. I can't really see them releasing anything else other than perhaps the single discs without DVD for: Charlie is my Darling, Roundhouse, Leeds, and Brussels. For people suggesting random shows from tours, I just can't see it. Maybe something else from '72 but I think once this round of releases is done, most years have been covered in some form or another.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 5, 2019 20:14

TumblinDice76
Being realistic here, we know Atlantic City '89 is coming and St. Louis '97 is coming. We can assume Paris or Knebworth (or both) from '76 are coming. No one as far as I know has ever confirmed that El Macambo exists in an uncut form. Seems odd that they haven't released it yet. I also assume they will release something from the Four Flicks era (2003-2004) and possibly from the Bigger Bang Tour. Other than that we might already have it all. I can't really see them releasing anything else other than perhaps the single discs without DVD for: Charlie is my Darling, Roundhouse, Leeds, and Brussels. For people suggesting random shows from tours, I just can't see it. Maybe something else from '72 but I think once this round of releases is done, most years have been covered in some form or another.

Seems like "Light The Fuse" would be an easy one, and in keeping with offering physical editions of the initial digital vault releases. seems strange it never came out, even if the show wasn't shot, assuming that's maybe why it was overlooked?

EDIT UPDATE: HOLY SH*T!! I just pulled up "Light The Fuse" on YT, having never listened to it before......now I know why it was overlooked. Starting with a train wreck "Rough Justice" and a "She's So Cold" that Mick claims "may be the first time we've ever done that one..." is he hopefully being sarcastic? "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" sounds pretty good though, and "Infamy", "Mr. Pitiful" and JJF.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 23:00 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 5, 2019 20:58

TumblinDice76
I can't really see them releasing anything else other than perhaps the single discs without DVD for: Charlie is my Darling, Roundhouse, Leeds, and Brussels. For people suggesting random shows from tours, I just can't see it. Maybe something else from '72 but I think once this round of releases is done, most years have been covered in some form or another.

I don't follow you. What are you bascing your conclution on? Most of the shows that are released for now, are from '81 and nowards -the period that has a original live release from every tour. I would assume that they know that the tours from the sixties and seventies has more comersial value because they are from the heydays and also because there is much less released from this period. It will be in the newspapers if a show from '69 or 72-73 or 77 gets released. IMO they're waiting with "the best" till the end. IE. the unreleased 1972 album (though maybe not as a vault release). Also we have some great tours that have their 50th anniversary from now on -starting with 1969 this year!! Anyway I really hope your wrong, There is so much great music that haven't seen the light of day yet.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home