Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11
Re: Next "From The Vault"?
Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:27

Carnaby
YES!!! something with Brian!---could be several shows together to increase length of the release--perhaps 3 LPs with Paris 66, Vienna 67 and maybe Berlin 65... whatever may be in the vault..plus a dvd of rare footage, interviews, etc. This period of Stones history badly ignored. I don't count R&R Circus release. Melbourne 66, Rome 67, Hamburg 65 also recorded and maybe could be cleaned up for release..and don't forget the Richmond 63 tape that was autioned off several years ago and bought by you-know-who...that would be fantastic!!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:44

Horeshoe Tavern 97? Stones must have recorded it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 15, 2019 06:36

There's nothing after 1990 worth listening to that hasn't already been released.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 15, 2019 07:37

24FPS
There's nothing after 1990 worth listening to that hasn't already been released.

We might be in the minority on this board, but yes I feel the same.
THere's also so many great *sounding* bootlegs from 1990-2017 so I don't see the need. Give us 1966-1977 instead. Please.

Date: January 15, 2019 07:57

Erik_Snow
24FPS

We might be in the minority on this board, but yes I feel the same.
THere's also so many great *sounding* bootlegs from 1990-2017 so I don't see the need. Give us 1966-1977 instead. Please.

It's just not great to me after 1990. It's the Greatest Hits Show with an occasional glimmer (no pun), like when they did a couple Otis Redding songs. They simply don't measure up the same without their original world class rhythm section. I just don't need to hear Tumblin' Dice again and again and again. To each his own. I think it's wonderful that some people actually have that old juice and panic about not being able to get tickets to see them in the U.S. this summer. Believe me, there will be plenty of available seats in those football stadiums.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 15, 2019 08:07

THat's why I said "sounding".....the Dices and Flashes are just all the same Vegas flash. The personality was somehow lost, after 1000 times of playing the same songs for a RS-t-thirt audience digging everything who can blame them for going to the work with boredom.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 15, 2019 10:11

St. Louis 1997 ist very likely to come. I own a DVD of that concert, and it's truly great.
Why should they release concerts from Bigger Bang and Licks tours? We've already got the official DVD releases on these tours /Four Flicks /Biggest Bang.

I'd like to see a compilation of guest appearances with the Stones, e.g. Bob Dylan, Springsteen, Fogerty, John Lee Hooker, Angus&Malcolm Young, Axl & Izzy, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow etc. ... That'd be great fun to watch.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 15, 2019 10:21

What about a Wino's release and Jagger from Sydney or Tokyo, Webster Hall in good quality would be nice

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 15, 2019 12:29

babyblue
Horeshoe Tavern 97? Stones must have recorded it.

It's super-rare but it's just a pre-tour public rehearsal (warts and all).
The Stones prefer to release middle-of or end-of-the-tour gigs where they're really hot.

Date: January 15, 2019 12:36

24FPS

This! You can even hear the bass here winking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 15, 2019 14:55

SKILLS

What about a Wino's release and Jagger from Sydney or Tokyo, Webster Hall in good quality would be nice

There were unofficial releases of it along with some Stones-DVDs (e.g. Terrifying) early 2009: [www.Discogs.com] , [www.Discogs.com] .

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 16, 2019 00:02

San Jose '99 was the last one on my bucket list, I know Paris '76 is in the pipeline along with the 2003 Cirkus Krone show.

Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: January 16, 2019 01:50

Controversial for sure, but what about Altamont? Premiere of World Brown Sugar. Maybe the best version EVER live of Gimme Shelter...I know --NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

Date: January 16, 2019 02:33

DandelionPowderman
24FPS

[www.youtube.com]

Not bad, for Darryl. It's still lacking that nailed down Stones sound.

Date: January 16, 2019 03:20

Echoplex 2013 would be good for a modern Stones show.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 16, 2019 04:17

There are many good ones, IMO we need something like ... First ones serie .. Including first or second shows of the tour .. Jajajaja too much?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 06:30

I could go for a '66 full show. Hard to find even a good sounding boot from the '67 tour.

Date: January 16, 2019 06:33

Still a bit surprised they haven't done anything more with the '72 tour.

Date: January 16, 2019 09:20

TumblinDice76

They must be of the mindset not to repeat for a while. The live album they wanted out back then is not staggeringly different from Ladies & Gs, which they've already released as a DVD, and a CD. I'd like something else from '73, when they at their sizzling peak as a live band.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:59

TumblinDice76

Videojames was working on it (the Philie tapes mainly) but apparently the thing has been put on the backburner.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:30

DandelionPowderman
24FPS

[www.youtube.com]

Mr Pitiful is the best thing I've heard from the BANG tour. Wow. They sound fantastic.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2019 18:39

Perhaps not a live release, although Bremen 1998 would be great, but an album of unedited finished studio recordings, like She Was Hot, Everything Is Turning To Gold, Miss You, Emotional Rescue... there's more but those come to mind the easiest.

Date: January 16, 2019 19:08

Still a bit surprised that Brussels Affair didn't get a release similar to L&G, Texas '78, amd Checkerboard Lounge.

Date: January 16, 2019 19:51

24FPS

According to who? you? I can think of a dozen off the top of my head that would be phenomial

MSG 02
roseland 02
Wiltern 02
St Louis 97
Barcelona 98
Boston trilogy
Mexico city 06
San Fran 06
Albany 05

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:58

give us something that's not been bootlegged so far (or only in horrible sound quality)! Everything else is more or less pointless

Date: January 16, 2019 21:58

You Got to Roll Me
24FPS

According to who? you? I can think of a dozen off the top of my head that would be phenomial

MSG 02
roseland 02
Wiltern 02
St Louis 97
Barcelona 98
Boston trilogy
Mexico city 06
San Fran 06
Albany 05

According to me, yes. That's what the internet is all about, each person's opinion. You say that the above listed would be good. According to who? You? They aren't 'phenomial' to me.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 22:43

Roseland ballroom 2002 would truely be a great one. She Smiled Sweetly along with many other songs solid performed even though it was relatively early in the tour. But the 2002 leg of Licks in general was awesome.

Date: January 17, 2019 00:14

Meise
St. Louis 1997 ist very likely to come. I own a DVD of that concert, and it's truly great.
Why should they release concerts from Bigger Bang and Licks tours? We've already got the official DVD releases on these tours /Four Flicks /Biggest Bang.

I'd like to see a compilation of guest appearances with the Stones, e.g. Bob Dylan, Springsteen, Fogerty, John Lee Hooker, Angus&Malcolm Young, Axl & Izzy, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow etc. ... That'd be great fun to watch.

St. Louis is confirmed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 17, 2019 00:31

They could release a compilation of blues covers they've performed throughout the last few decades riding on the success of Blue and Lonesome - call it Live and Lonesome.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: January 17, 2019 01:17

From The Vault are all video with 2CD's for the last few, the Stones haven't released any audio only archives in years, have they?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 5 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home