Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Next "From The Vault"?
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 4, 2019 17:19

falo01
TheGreek
Paris 76 is a smoking hot show and Ronnie really shines with his leads ! Love this show !

Paris76 is a must especially because of the B&B tracks and, if they kept it, Cherry oh baby.

So what to expect in 2019?

Tokyo95 in the next days.
Hopefully no further delay of Paris76.
And then most probably either Atlantic City89 or St.Louis97.
I don't understand why they would release Tokyo 95 on the heels of Voodoo Lounge Uncut from 1994 ? Can anyone shed some light on this please ?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 4, 2019 17:38

TheGreek
falo01
TheGreek
Paris 76 is a smoking hot show and Ronnie really shines with his leads ! Love this show !

Paris76 is a must especially because of the B&B tracks and, if they kept it, Cherry oh baby.

I don't understand why they would release Tokyo 95 on the heels of Voodoo Lounge Uncut from 1994 ? Can anyone shed some light on this please ?

I also don't understand why they are releasing 2 shows.
If it's a japanese only release, it would be ok.

For me Tokyo95 makes more sense as a release as Miami94, just because of the sound quality.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 4, 2019 17:43

Since these releases started just over seven years ago, we've had:

An abbreviated London Roundhouse 1971 (5 tracks only)
The Complete Get Yer Leeds Lungs Out! 1971
Live at the Marquee Club 1971
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones 1972
The Brussels Affair 1973
L.A. Friday 1975
Some Girls Live in Texas 1978
Live at the Checkerboard Lounge 1981
Live at Hampton Colliseum 1981
Live in Leeds 1982
Live in Tokyo 1990
Voodoo Lounge Uncut 1994
Totally Stripped Paris 1995
Totally Stripped Amsterdam 1995
Totally Stripped Brixton 1995
Totally Stripped compilation 1995
No Security San Jose 1999
Light the Fuse 2005 (download only)
Sweet Summer Sun 2013
Sticky Fingers Live at the Fonda Theater 2015
Havana Moon 2016

next up is Voodoo Lounge Tokyo 1995
with Atlantic City 1989 and St. Louis 1997 on the horizon
rumors of Paris 1976
and some sort of reissues of Four Flicks 2003 and The Biggest Bang 2006

Seen laid out in this fashion, it's clear they've published releases from the same tour with similar setlists in close proximity to one another before. Voodoo Lounge Tokyo 1995 is no different.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: January 4, 2019 17:57

Rocky-Kind of cool seeing the Vault releases laid out by year like that. Thank's for doing that! Looking forward to Atlantic City '89. St. Louis '97 I always thought was too ballad heavy for a VHS/DVD/Pay Per View. Cool stage for BTB but I prefer listening to Chicago '97.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 4, 2019 18:37

Has Love You Live been Remastered?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 4, 2019 18:54

We've had a wealth of material over the last 7 years. Makes me wonder what else they've got in the pipeline.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 4, 2019 19:02

Rocky Dijon

The Brussels Affair 1973
L.A. Friday 1975

We actually got 2 shows from LA 1975. The download was a different show from the video. What a plethora of great stuff!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 4, 2019 19:05

Everything 1989 post has been filmed somewhat. Most likely not much footage left from 60’s, 70’s, 80’s that hasn’t been seen. Probably cuts from Houston 1972 to make Ladies and Gentlemen. And of course Albert Mayles footage from 1969 including complete altamont, MSG, and possibly Baltimore. Never heard of NYC 1975 ever being filmed professionally.

Date: January 4, 2019 19:46

There is a widely circulated boot (video) of a Lick's tour show from 2003 somewhere in Europe that is a smoking hot setlist and performance including deep cuts that most certainly should be given the deluxe treatment for CD/DVD . I just looked it up and it's the Circus Krone show from June of 2003 . That is one heck of a great performance !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-04 19:47 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 4, 2019 20:49

TheGreek
There is a widely circulated boot (video) of a Lick's tour show from 2003 somewhere in Europe that is a smoking hot setlist and performance including deep cuts that most certainly should be given the deluxe treatment for CD/DVD . I just looked it up and it's the Circus Krone show from June of 2003 . That is one heck of a great performance !

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 5, 2019 23:54

Bashlets
Probably cuts from Houston 1972 to make Ladies and Gentlemen.

Didn't VJames reveal here that the original films elements for L&G are gone, MIA. Hence the poor quality of the DVD/BR releases : they're taken from "2nd hand" material.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: January 9, 2019 17:04

Is there a complete Roundhouse set that can be released?

Date: January 9, 2019 18:31

Bashlets
Everything 1989 post has been filmed somewhat. Most likely not much footage left from 60’s, 70’s, 80’s that hasn’t been seen. Probably cuts from Houston 1972 to make Ladies and Gentlemen. And of course Albert Mayles footage from 1969 including complete altamont, MSG, and possibly Baltimore. Never heard of NYC 1975 ever being filmed professionally.

There are alternative versions of Rambler and Happy from Houston on YouTube. I'd still like to see Rocks Off, despite Jagger saying it wasn't up to scratch and I know that Don't Lie to Me was also filmed at the same show. So there's a few tracks there that may still be lying around somewhere.

Let's not forget the oft-rumoured filming of NYC 1972, VideoJames's reference to an hour of completely unseen pro-shot film from the same tour and that odd, incomplete bootleg version of a NYC72 show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 18:36 by Father Ted.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 9, 2019 19:11

Ross
TheGreek

[www.youtube.com]

Would love to have the oringinal From The Vault from this. The Rolling Stones had put I Can’t Turn You Loose already on a DVD, it’s much better sound and clearer view/image than this YouTube. I was at this show at the very front. My best ever show with a very great setlist!!

Date: January 9, 2019 20:21

falo01
TheGreek
falo01
TheGreek

I also don't understand why they are releasing 2 shows.
If it's a japanese only release, it would be ok.

For me Tokyo95 makes more sense as a release as Miami94, just because of the sound quality.

I've read nothing official regarding a Tokyo 95 release - is it just a rumour?
The only official announcement that gave any details about future concert releases is here: [www.axs.com]

Date: January 9, 2019 20:40

It was submitted for certification (rating for content advisory) in November. It is a forthcoming title being cleared for 2019 release.

[iorr.org]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-09 22:26 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 9, 2019 23:04

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: January 10, 2019 05:29

Rocky Dijon

The Brussels Affair 1973
L.A. Friday 1975
Live in Leeds 1982
Live in Tokyo 1990
Voodoo Lounge Uncut 1994
Sweet Summer Sun 2013
Havana Moon 2016

Do you happen to know if there is a full Roundhouse set that can be released?
Thx

Date: January 10, 2019 06:17

Rocky Dijon

The Brussels Affair 1973
L.A. Friday 1975
Live in Leeds 1982
Live in Tokyo 1990
Voodoo Lounge Uncut 1994
Sweet Summer Sun 2013
Havana Moon 2016

next up is Voodoo Lounge Tokyo 1995
with Atlantic City 1989 and St. Louis 1997 on the horizon
rumors of Paris 1976
and some sort of reissues of Four Flicks 2003 and The Biggest Bang 2006

Seen laid out in this fashion, it's clear they've published releases from the same tour with similar setlists in close proximity to one another before. Voodoo Lounge Tokyo 1995 is no different.

not all of these are part of the "from the vault" series . some of these were just live album releases after a tour or show and some were reissues of already released stuff

Date: January 10, 2019 06:26

They are the releases of the UMG era. I don't see a point in delineating between unedited reissues, From the Vault, streaming only, or post-2012 live releases. To me, it's all the same and branding is irrelevant.

As for Palais Royale's question about the Roundhouse, I don't know. I would imagine they have most if not all of the show in the same quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 06:47 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 10, 2019 10:17

TheGreek

I'm keen to see something from the Licks Tour released in the vaults series and to include the vinyl.

There's nothing at all thus far from Licks that's ever been officially released on vinyl.

[The Live Licks album was CD only...with a few aftermarket boots appearing but none of decent quality ]

Date: January 10, 2019 10:24

Rocky Dijon
They are the releases of the UMG era. I don't see a point in delineating between unedited reissues, From the Vault, streaming only, or post-2012 live releases. To me, it's all the same and branding is irrelevant.

As for Palais Royale's question about the Roundhouse, I don't know. I would imagine they have most if not all of the show in the same quality.

Stones In The Park was also released as part of From The Vault.

From The Vault is history now, though. From now on it's «Uncut». I'm looking forward to the «uncut» version of UMT from Texas (from Biggest Bang), without Pierre's and the other guitar tech's guitars winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 10:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 10, 2019 10:26

Bashlets

At least there poissibly still exist, among others:

NME Pollwinners Concert 1968 (two songs)
Paris 1970 (unclear whether the entire show was filmed)
Wembley 1973 (it is sure that at least one complete concert was filmed by the BBC but obviously nobody has ever looked up if it still exists)
As a professionally filmed 'Street fighting man' clip from one of the the Frankfurt concerts is available on Youtube it is the question if the entire concert was filmed
Same Question goes for the Nicaraguan Benefit concert but possibly it was either only one camera and/or only parts of the concert

Only Bill Wyman would know, but I wrote him and he did not answer.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: January 10, 2019 19:57

TheGreek

The show is available on cd/dvd bootleg. I have a copy and thought it was a bit overrated. Nice set list though.

Date: January 11, 2019 12:28

saltoftheearth
Bashlets

At least there poissibly still exist, among others:

NME Pollwinners Concert 1968 (two songs)
Paris 1970 (unclear whether the entire show was filmed)
Wembley 1973 (it is sure that at least one complete concert was filmed by the BBC but obviously nobody has ever looked up if it still exists)
As a professionally filmed 'Street fighting man' clip from one of the the Frankfurt concerts is available on Youtube it is the question if the entire concert was filmed
Same Question goes for the Nicaraguan Benefit concert but possibly it was either only one camera and/or only parts of the concert

Only Bill Wyman would know, but I wrote him and he did not answer.

If I get a response from BBC Archive about Wembley 1973, I'll post it here.
EDIT: The BBC's film archives are held by the BFI. Did a quick search on the BFI database and while they've got a lot of Stones material, I couldn't see anything from 1973.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-11 12:46 by Father Ted.

Date: January 11, 2019 12:32

I understand that many fans appreciate the late era shows; to get them from the Stones officially; maybe in better quality.
To me this is the chance to get material that has never been seen; like something from the '70 tour. Or Mocambo of course.

Date: January 11, 2019 13:40

DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon

From The Vault is history now, though. From now on it's «Uncut». I'm looking forward to the «uncut» version of UMT from Texas (from Biggest Bang), without Pierre's and the other guitar tech's guitars winking smiley
That's actually a good show to release !

Date: January 11, 2019 13:43

boogaloojef
TheGreek

The show is available on cd/dvd bootleg. I have a copy and thought it was a bit overrated. Nice set list though.[/quote I would like to have a better audio quality of this remarkable show with a great set list . Fine performance and one of the better shows

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 11, 2019 13:47

DandelionPowderman
Rocky Dijon

Keith was in stealth mode for that one...

...hence the camo jacket winking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 11, 2019 14:36

Mick Jagger had feelings that Rocks Off from 1972 wasn't up to scratch.......what about the Live Licks version that was released ??

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home