Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: Next "From The Vault"?
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 13, 2018 19:20

They should put out Barcelona 1990 from urban jungle tour too

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 13, 2018 20:32

Or a box set with all the shows recorded for "at the max project" .....+ bbcsevenofjuly and Prague.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 14, 2018 01:32

I want something that we haven't seen in any form before, but I suspect that San Jose '99 was the only one they had. They've been working on Paris '76 for some time, I heard a couple of years ago that it was going to be released as a set like Totally Stripped. I've also heard there will be a Licks club show next year but I bet it is the one we already have a bootleg copy of.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 14, 2018 01:48

If they're smart they'll do ATLANTIC CITY next year.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 14, 2018 02:38

Was the Phoenix Theatre, Toronto 2012 filmed? LIGHT THE FUSE deserves a solid release.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 14, 2018 12:38

Since both the "From The Vault" series and - as it seems - also the new "Uncut" series are always and only audio (CD) and video (DVD/Bluray) combinations, they should start another new audio only series too. Otherwise we will never get El Mocambo or a 1973 show because there is no video...

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 14, 2018 12:45

A show from BtB is a must. St. Louis, Buenos Aires or Bremen would be cool.

From Licks they need to do a proper set (Arena, Stadium and club). The whole Munich trilogy was pro-shot. Circus Krone we already got as boot but also the arena and stadium gigs must be out there as there were various snippets in a Croatian TV documentary back then. Scenes feature more cameras than the usual video feed camera.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: December 14, 2018 12:47

Mr.D
I want something that we haven't seen in any form before, but I suspect that San Jose '99 was the only one they had. They've been working on Paris '76 for some time, I heard a couple of years ago that it was going to be released as a set like Totally Stripped. I've also heard there will be a Licks club show next year but I bet it is the one we already have a bootleg copy of.

Leeds82 was also completely unexpected.
I have no idea what takes them so long to get Paris76 out
but I was confirmed again few weeks ago, that Cherry oh baby is/was planned to be included! I guess this is one of the last golden nuggets we will see.

Date: December 14, 2018 12:52

NeverMakeASaintOfMe
Palace Revolution 2000
I wish they'd go back in time. Really - why does anyone need an "official" live recording from shows where the boots are every bit as good?
Because if we can get something released officially then why not? We're just selling ourselves short with the decent quality bootlegs.
LOL, somehow that sounds upside down:

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 14, 2018 13:12

falo01
Mr.D

Leeds82 was also completely unexpected.
I have no idea what takes them so long to get Paris76 out
but I was confirmed again few weeks ago, that Cherry oh baby is/was planned to be included! I guess this is one of the last golden nuggets we will see.

Where and when was the Paris 76 including Cherry oh Baby confirmed?

Date: December 14, 2018 13:15

Lick club = toronto or krone ????

I don't want to go crazy thinking about a boxset with the 5 ....

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 14, 2018 14:53

Bashlets
They should put out Barcelona 1990 from urban jungle tour too

I'd forgotten about that one.

[Still have it on VHS somewhere. ]

and I'd also love to see something from the Licks club shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-14 14:56 by Spud.

Posted by: Krzysztof ()
Date: December 14, 2018 14:54

I would like to see the complete Light The Fuse, they should soon release this title as part of From The Vault.

I bet that from the club licks, the Wiltern Theater 2002 will be released smiling smiley

It would be nice to see concerts from New Jersey, Phoenix 1981 (Down The Road Apice, HTW with Tina Turner). Maybe someday they will do deluxe Tattoo You and we will be able to see the extended LSTNT.

Date: January 2, 2019 19:42

any update?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 2, 2019 19:50

VOODOO LOUNGE JAPAN is the next release. No date yet.

Date: January 2, 2019 20:21

great!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 2, 2019 20:24

Rocky Dijon
VOODOO LOUNGE JAPAN is the next release. No date yet.[/quote

Tossers
jeroen

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 2, 2019 20:42

Rocky Dijon
Wont this be an identical setlist from the Miami PPV show that just came out in November ?

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 2, 2019 20:55

I sure hope it's not Voodoo Lounge Japan, and that it proves to be a Japanese only release, as has been previously speculated. Seems like that'd be a lot of Voodoo Lounge in short period of time, but maybe if it must happen, doing it on the heals of Miami makes sense. Paris '76, Atlantic City '89 or Light the Fuse would be more interesting and exciting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-02 20:56 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 2, 2019 20:57

mariano
great!

No, its not.
FW
Jeroen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2019 21:30

wachterc
I would love to see El Mocambo 77 :-)

wasnt filmed.

Pity they're choosing to confine the releases to those that have a visual format as there's plenty of scope for excellent audio-only releases such as the one you suggest. (Bruce is putting out one such release every month - no reason why the Stones couldnt do likewise, even if it was bi-monthly)

Tokyo '95 isnt a particularly good performance by the standards of what was a very good tour. Not one of Mick's better nights.

Date: January 2, 2019 21:40

TheGreek
Rocky Dijon
Wont this be an identical setlist from the Miami PPV show that just came out in November ?

From the indomitable Nico Zentgraf @ [nzentgraf.de]

950312A 12th March: Tokyo, Japan, Korakuen Dome
(Not Fade Away/Tumbling Dice/You Got Me Rocking/Live With Me/Rocks Off/
Sparks Will Fly/Satisfaction/Angie/Sweet Virginia/Rock And A Hard Place/
Love Is Strong/I Go Wild/Miss You/Band introduction/Honky Tonk Women/
Before They Make Me Run/Slipping Away/Sympathy For The Devil/Monkey
Man/Street Fighting Man/Start Me Up/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Brown Sugar/
Jumping Jack Flash)
Note: The whole show was professionally filmed by Japanese TV and aired
on the 4th April. Also it was released as an official video (see 950927A).

Date: January 2, 2019 21:46

floodonthepage
I sure hope it's not Voodoo Lounge Japan, and that it proves to be a Japanese only release, as has been previously speculated. Seems like that'd be a lot of Voodoo Lounge in short period of time, but maybe if it must happen, doing it on the heals of Miami makes sense. Paris '76, Atlantic City '89 or Light the Fuse would be more interesting and exciting.

I believe this is the next worldwide release from UMG/Eagle Rock/Ward Records. They have released a lot of similar material close together before. STICKY FINGERS DELUXE BOX with THE COMPLETE GET YER LEEDS LUNGS OUT! alongside MARQUEE CLUB 1971 for instance. It's not like we can't skip a release if we're not interested.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 2, 2019 21:47

Now that San Jose '99 has been released, there's absolutely nothing Post-Wyman worth releasing. Ya Yas with complete performances of songs would be nice. I'll bet there's more footage from '72. (They've got to get off this kick of complete concerts. Led Zeppelin's video boxset is all over the place, but it doesn't matter). I think there is some video from the '73 tour. Knebworth, Paris, whatever is better, maybe both, from '76. Was the Stones benefit concert from Canada for Keith '79 filmed? Atlantic City '89. That's about it. Unless they can cobble together any film from '66 and '67, with Brian.

I wonder if they ever filmed rehearsals back then? Or the recent ones with Bill?

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 2, 2019 22:12

Rocky Dijon
floodonthepage

I believe this is the next worldwide release from UMG/Eagle Rock/Ward Records. They have released a lot of similar material close together before. STICKY FINGERS DELUXE BOX with THE COMPLETE GET YER LEEDS LUNGS OUT! alongside MARQUEE CLUB 1971 for instance. It's not like we can't skip a release if we're not interested.

Oh, I'm interested alright! I'm interested in whatever they've got going on and I'll be buying whatever comes next, but I'd be more interested in other releases, that's for sure. True that Marquee came out close to SF Deluxe, and as I mentioned it would make sense to release Voodoo Japan on the heals of Miami, but I guess I'll have my eyes and ears down the road. winking smiley

Date: January 2, 2019 22:38

It sounds like Atlantic City is this year with St. Louis 1997 and some form of Licks and Bigger Bang releases to follow. Likely box sets with uncut shows also available on CD. I know everyone wants 1960s material, but non-Promotone seems unlikely. Some sort of deal was struck with THE STONES IN THE PARK to remove it from ABKCO, but that's the only one of its kind.

Not sure what happened to Mick's solo show in Tokyo which was due out last year as part of FROM THE VAULT. That may be waiting for whatever deal Mick makes with his solo catalog. Woody is supposed to be doing something with his solo catalog as well. I suspect new Mick solo material is part of why Keith got his deal together first. I would also speculate Keith doesn't want to mix Mick solo under the Stones brand whereas Mick would prefer it. I don't know this, just guess-work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 3, 2019 00:39

IMO from the vault serie is great, i love put in the trash old bootlegs ....

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 3, 2019 00:48

been digging the european leg of the 2018 tour recently. warsaw, prague, stuttgart, berlin etc. songs such as street fighting man, midnight rambler, paint it black, like a rolling stone have seen some of the best performances ever, watched many on youtube. really think they have to get that out officially.

whats everybodys opinion on these concerts.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: January 3, 2019 15:38

buttons67
been digging the european leg of the 2018 tour recently. warsaw, prague, stuttgart, berlin etc. songs such as street fighting man, midnight rambler, paint it black, like a rolling stone have seen some of the best performances ever, watched many on youtube. really think they have to get that out officially.

Well, I have attendance bias. I'd be happy to have London 1 or Marseilles or Stuttgart! (hell, I'll buy all 3 if it happens).

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: January 3, 2019 15:46

buttons67

this stage NEEDS an official release!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home