Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Electric Ladyland CD best version?
Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: December 5, 2018 19:45

A little OT but what is the best sounding CD-Version of Electric Ladyland.

I have lost my LP years ago thumbs down

I have ordered this one:

[www.amazon.de]

The included mp3s sound odd and not as I remember this great album. DR6 ...

Re: OT: Electric Ladyland CD best version?
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 5, 2018 19:56

Here you go
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
If you are not ready to surf through all the posts on that forum - they recommend West German pressing with naked ladies cover. That is old OOP 2CD fatbox with catalog number 823 359-2. You'll be lucky if you'll get 'full silver' CDs with no inscription on the hub or 'full silver' with MADE IN W. GERMANY BY PDO string.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: December 5, 2018 20:07

Yes thanks I have looked there and the old german pressing is unreasonable expensive nowadays...

Back in the days nobody liked this 2CD version ;-)

I will wait for the CD from 2012 to arrive, perhapse it is better than the mp3s ...

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 5, 2018 23:22

There is of course the 50th Anniversary box set that just came out, that includes the 5.1 surround sound, a live set (which is not that great IMHO), early demos etc. Have not seen it mentioned in this thread yet (although I did not click on the link). I have it, and it is good. Runs around $50. There's a thread about it.

BUT, for my money...I have a Japanese SHM version of Electric Ladyland that blows doors! Had to buy it thru eBay, but worth every penny (also around $50 as I recall). They play on all regular CD players. Stunning!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-05 23:24 by DEmerson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home