Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Please welcome Seattle to the NHL!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2018 01:24

James Kirk
Hockey is the best sport to see live and it’s not even close, but for some reason it doesn’t translate well on tv

wow...I actually love hockey on TV. I'll agree with you that it is the most entertaining sport to watch.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 8, 2018 01:41

Javadave
They'll never go for it, but the best and most apt name I've heard floated about is the Seattle Freeze.

It doesn't freeze that much in Seattle, just like Vancouver! Cold/wet/damp yes!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2018 01:42

DGA35
Javadave
They'll never go for it, but the best and most apt name I've heard floated about is the Seattle Freeze.

It doesn't freeze that much in Seattle, just like Vancouver! Cold/wet/damp yes!

The Seattle Chills!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 8, 2018 02:58

Doxa
I hope Seattle will pick up some cool Finnish player/s... Since I don't root naturally any team there, I always follow the ones that had some of my favourite Finnish ice hockey player playing there (and they need to be juniors picked up from my local favourite team here in Finland, TPS from Turku). So I was following Montreal Canadiens when Saku Koivu was playing there. Then Minnesota Wild when his brother MIkko Koivu started to shine there. Now it is Colorado Avalanche since a player I have followed since his junior years, Mikko Rantanen, is making a huge breakthrough there, and is, bloody hell, leading the whole damn NHL player statistics in scoring at the moment... 45 points in 27 games...eye popping smiley

- Doxa

the player to follow now is Jesperi Kotkaniemi with the Montreal Canadiens at 18 the first professional athlete born in 2000...he has been really really good this year from Finland...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 8, 2018 14:06

Rip This
Doxa
I hope Seattle will pick up some cool Finnish player/s... Since I don't root naturally any team there, I always follow the ones that had some of my favourite Finnish ice hockey player playing there (and they need to be juniors picked up from my local favourite team here in Finland, TPS from Turku). So I was following Montreal Canadiens when Saku Koivu was playing there. Then Minnesota Wild when his brother MIkko Koivu started to shine there. Now it is Colorado Avalanche since a player I have followed since his junior years, Mikko Rantanen, is making a huge breakthrough there, and is, bloody hell, leading the whole damn NHL player statistics in scoring at the moment... 45 points in 27 games...eye popping smiley

- Doxa

the player to follow now is Jesperi Kotkaniemi with the Montreal Canadiens at 18 the first professional athlete born in 2000...he has been really really good this year from Finland...

I saw him playing live last season in Finnish League and he made a huge impression. But still it was a big surprise also here in FInland that he was picked up #3 at draft (the draft over-all wasn't very special and I hear people saying that Canadiens were desperate to have a center). And still most of the people were thinking that he is not ready for NHL yet, but will play still this season here in Finland. But the kid has surprised all of us, and is making a great breakthrough in Canadiens. thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-08 14:08 by Doxa.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 8, 2018 19:00

Doxa
Rip This
Doxa

- Doxa

I saw him playing live last season in Finnish League and he made a huge impression. But still it was a big surprise also here in FInland that he was picked up #3 at draft (the draft over-all wasn't very special and I hear people saying that Canadiens were desperate to have a center). And still most of the people were thinking that he is not ready for NHL yet, but will play still this season here in Finland. But the kid has surprised all of us, and is making a great breakthrough in Canadiens. thumbs up

- Doxa

Are you able to see any NHL games in Finland?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 8, 2018 19:19

Welcome to the NHL, Seattle.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2018 19:20

It's weird that another US city would get a new NHL team instead of, oh, a Canadian team like, gee, one of the original NHL cities, Hamilton. Or put one back in Quebec.

Date: December 8, 2018 20:39

do they have $700 million just for an entry fee?....Quebec is never going to happen......they had a chance and blew it....so they've lost the opportunity...the league isn't going to gamble on them again...one and done.....Hamilton a 2nd Toronto team might work but who wants to pay the extortion fee?...I heard Texas is next....Austin, possibly Houston as a landing spot for Phoenix...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 01:21 by Rip This.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2018 21:49

Here in Sweden you can watch most of the games on cable or streaming. The aber is that most games are played in the middle of the night over here. Due to time difference of course (we're 6-9 hours ahead).
Once a month they show a game on public service. The big talking point in sports press over here now is William Nylander not playing for Toronto Maple Leafs and Elias Petterson's success in Vancouver Canucks.
And the upcoming Junior WC of course (where Sweden's chances are downplayed by the "experts").

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 8, 2018 23:27

They are showing a game on public service tv right now. LA Kings versus Vegas Golden Knights...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 9, 2018 02:10

Stoneage
Here in Sweden you can watch most of the games on cable or streaming. The aber is that most games are played in the middle of the night over here. Due to time difference of course (we're 6-9 hours ahead).
Once a month they show a game on public service. The big talking point in sports press over here now is William Nylander not playing for Toronto Maple Leafs and Elias Petterson's success in Vancouver Canucks.
And the upcoming Junior WC of course (where Sweden's chances are downplayed by the "experts").

The Sabres have a few players from Sweden. Keep watch out for Rasmus Dahlin.

Date: December 9, 2018 03:44

Peterson out west is dynamite

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 9, 2018 08:36

I live near Vancouver but I'm not a Canucks fan but Petterson is a great player already, especially playing with Brock Boesser. The upcoming World Juniors will be in Vancouver over the Christmas holidays. Thanks to TSN, the Canadian equivalent of ESPN, the tournament is huge in Canada and draws huge crowds.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home