Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 3, 2019 16:47

Lien
Ronnie arrived in LA..

Didn"t he tell us this when he attended the snooker at Alexandra Palace? I think he said going into the studio ...don't imagine this is solo activity so this is for rehearsals/recording (a bit of both)

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: February 4, 2019 13:19

jlowe
Surely the State of Florida would make sense.
And when they tire of rehearsing Satisfaction for the 20th time, they could take a break and do some recording at one of the many fine studios down there.
If Mick can't get his mates to join him in the studio he can enrol some of the very competent studio musicians. Or have some guest blues players.
You don't have to credit any of the non Stones personnel...we wouldn't know the difference anyway. The record label don't need to know.
Can still go out as a Stones record.

Not Florida! Too many retirement homes - it might give them ideas...

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 6, 2019 21:32

EDIT: post moved to the "New Stones album in 2019?" thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 21:43 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: MrsEdithGrove ()
Date: February 9, 2019 12:42

I see that Karl Denson is playing the Troubadour in LA on 14th March

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 9, 2019 13:02

The rehearsals are usually starting with the core band i.e. Mick Keith Charlie Ronnie + Darryl, Chuck and Matt only. Then the rest of the supporting musicians join in for the production rehearsals, 1-2 weeks later.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 17:51 by bv.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 9, 2019 17:38

bv
The rehearsals are usually starting with the core band i.e. Mick Keith Charlie Ronnie + Chuck and Matt only. Then the rest of the supporting musicians join in for the production rehearsals, 1-2 weeks later.

Also Darryl for the "core" band

Date: February 10, 2019 17:50

thecitadel
bv
The rehearsals are usually starting with the core band i.e. Mick Keith Charlie Ronnie + Chuck and Matt only. Then the rest of the supporting musicians join in for the production rehearsals, 1-2 weeks later.

Also Darryl for the "core" band

Of course Darryl is there too...

Bjornulf

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 10, 2019 18:44

When you look at the core band outside of the Stones themselves these days, with Chuck, Matt, and then onto Darryl, it surprises me that Mick doesn't try out other musicians over the years in the way that Clapton and Bowie have.
I think i bit of fresh blood could get the ball rolling again with a little more excitement for the Stones.
It's the same with the new album, once again we have Don Was producing, its a bit like doing the same thing and expecting a different result, it's not going to happen.
Obviously at their ages the Stones like things to be familiar and i understand that, and at the same time respect their loyalty towards core members, but it does tend to make things a bit stale, having said that i'm looking forward to the new album and will probably see them live again this year or next, it's just that i think Matt and Chuck are inert now as far as the Stones sound goes, they have nothing new to offer the band imho.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 11, 2019 13:37

keithsman
When you look at the core band outside of the Stones themselves these days, with Chuck, Matt, and then onto Darryl, it surprises me that Mick doesn't try out other musicians over the years in the way that Clapton and Bowie have.
I think i bit of fresh blood could get the ball rolling again with a little more excitement for the Stones.
It's the same with the new album, once again we have Don Was producing, its a bit like doing the same thing and expecting a different result, it's not going to happen.
Obviously at their ages the Stones like things to be familiar and i understand that, and at the same time respect their loyalty towards core members, but it does tend to make things a bit stale, having said that i'm looking forward to the new album and will probably see them live again this year or next, it's just that i think Matt and Chuck are inert now as far as the Stones sound goes, they have nothing new to offer the band imho.
Maybe think of it in that perspective that Mick want's because it's a tried and true formula for Mick about the core of the band , the sound of the band in all it's sum and parts .

Date: February 11, 2019 14:21

keithsman

Never change a winning team. Why change something that is working so well on tours year after year? I think that is the key to the Stones success. They trust their crew and the people around them, and they work with the best people in the industry. They are not like a desperate football team who fire players and managers all too often.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 11, 2019 14:53

Also, in a musical sense, the Stones have always been generous to the musicians playing wjth them...

I've always had the impression that the Supporting musicians, whilst not "Rolling Stones" by name [or pay grade winking smiley], are part of the band and very much appreciated as such.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 11, 2019 14:58

Why change a winning team?

Change for change's sake can lead to real trouble, we see it every day...

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 15:01

I always enjoyed the extended horns section with Micheal Davis and Kent Smith, there was this great touch on JJF and Brown Sugar at the ending of these songs. It also adds to other songs like Tumbling Dice, Before They Make Me Run, Honky Tonk Woman or Monkey Man. In fact a band just using saxophones in a horn section is quite unusual.

I wonder why they didn't invite these guys back over the years. I know they started in 2012 with the intention to show a stripped down band, but that was some years ago now and they went from the small arena shows to big crowds again.

But thats just something I noticed as a side thing, of course the band is playing really great right now and I enjoyed the concerts of No Filter.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 11, 2019 15:21

bv
keithsman

Never change a winning team. Why change something that is working so well on tours year after year? I think that is the key to the Stones success. They trust their crew and the people around them, and they work with the best people in the industry. They are not like a desperate football team who fire players and managers all too often.

Working so well? They sound exactly the same tour after tour. Zero artistic progress. The success is all in the name. Not in what they produce on the stage these days.
Unless you're an ardent conformist and don't like taking chances...

Date: February 11, 2019 15:30

This thread is really about the 2019 rehearsals. If someone need to tell The Stones to replace band members then feel free to discuss that in a separate thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 11, 2019 15:46

Well Some of the core team seem to have been seen out and above the in LA - Ronnie announces arrival , Mick at the Grammys, Keith at Jennifer Anniston’s 50 th . Charlie will just sneak in I guess but it feels as if stuff is happening....

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 16:27

This should be studio sessions. Rehearsals are going to start at the end of march.

Posted by: jezz99 ()
Date: March 6, 2019 16:20

This thread has gone a bit quiet. Any updates on rehearsals anyone? Cheers!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 6, 2019 17:13

Ya, they in the gym? In the ‘train mode’ wondering to themselves
Why in the world did we sign up for this again?
Give us a glimmer boys....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 6, 2019 17:52

It's not mid-March yet so why would anyone expect something new about rehearsals that haven't started yet?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 6, 2019 18:11

Well, 44 days until tourstart ... it's geting warmer! smiling bouncing smiley

CAN'T WAIT! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 6, 2019 19:16

It will be nearly 4 weeks before rehearsals. Jezus.
Jeroen

Date: March 27, 2019 16:45

"Ready for rehearsals!"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: March 27, 2019 16:48

"All set up for tour rehearsals! Which songs do you want added to the set list?"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 27, 2019 16:49

keithsman
it surprises me that Mick doesn't try out other musicians over the years in the way that Clapton and Bowie have.
I think a bit of fresh blood could get the ball rolling again with a little more excitement for the Stones.

Sure but Keef would show them the door... or the blade. Seriously the Stones take their "street cred" from the fact the band line-up is not a revolving door : it's basically the same core of 4 guys as it was 44 years ago, not some assembly of a few original members plus a bunch of hired hands.
Good or bad that's how they think and that's what they try to maintain (even Mick).

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 27, 2019 16:51

Where are the rehearsals taking place?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 27, 2019 17:49

Silver Dagger
at a very secure and undisclosed location which is the way it should be so they can concentrate on practice and getting ready to entertain us and Start us all Up !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 27, 2019 18:07

Silver Dagger

At the "Inn Of The Kimchi" in Pyongyang but sssshhhh....

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 27, 2019 18:14

Miami

Re: The Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - March/April 2019
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 27, 2019 18:50

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1895