Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
The Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - March/April 2019
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: December 4, 2018 15:16

Is it too early to ask for any insight into where the rehearsals might take place?

As I now live in Florida it would be great if the band was down here rehearsing before the 1st show in Miami.

Full disclosure...I work p/t in music rehearsal facility in West Palm Beach complete w/ sound stage and 3 additional rehearsal rooms. Let me be the first to offer a place to rehearse!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-27 18:33 by bv.

Re: 2019 Tour Rehearsals
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 4, 2018 19:54

chrism13
Is it too early to ask for any insight into where the rehearsals might take place?

As I now live in Florida it would be great if the band was down here rehearsing before the 1st show in Miami.

Full disclosure...I work p/t in music rehearsal facility in West Palm Beach complete w/ sound stage and 3 additional rehearsal rooms. Let me be the first to offer a place to rehearse!

So if they end up rehearsing there, we can count on you to tell us, right?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 4, 2018 20:56

I am sure it will be in an undisclosed and very secure location as it should be so they can practice in peace without any hassles .

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 4, 2018 20:59

"Anyone remember how Satisfaction goes?"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2018 21:18

First day of rehearsals:

*From 2013

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 4, 2018 22:23

It's funny 'cuz they're old!

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: December 5, 2018 15:22

Satisfaction

Yeah....it goes like this! It's good cranked by the way.

Jan 17 1998.....

Send It To me
"Anyone remember how Satisfaction goes?"

Date: December 5, 2018 15:30

I recall the rehearsals in Paris where they invited a small amount of fans in to watch. Kind of like the old club show rehearsals that became somewhat standard. It was a really nice gesture by the band. I am not sure if rehearsals are typically held in the city where the 1st show of the tour is? I think not but cant keep track of them all off the top of my heard. I recall they rehearsed in Toronto a few times including Voodoo Lounge and had a opening night somewhere else but came back to Toronto pretty quick-like the 3rd show in or something. Now that I mention it Long View Farms in MA then Captain Morgans club show in Worcester,MA before opening in Philly in '81. The 1989 Washington, CT rehearsals for Steel Wheels Tour with a club show at Toads Place in New Haven, the Nassau Coliseum rehearsals before tour opener in Philadelphia again.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 5, 2018 15:42

chrism13
I am not sure if rehearsals are typically held in the city where the 1st show of the tour is?

Methinks the core of the rehearsals will be held in London (where the band can operate securely and anonymously) then the're ll probably be a "final" bout of rehearsals on the US soil (NYC?) then a dress rehearsal in the venue where the 1st gig of the tour takes place.

Date: December 5, 2018 16:35

that makes sense except they dont seem to rehearse in London too much. I recall they used to chose Toronto for tax reasons.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 5, 2018 16:35

Paris. Recording new album and tour rehearsals

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 5, 2018 17:03

mtaylor

Hell no! The place they chose in 2012 and 2014 was a dump in terms of security and it was located in a bad bad area. So they'd be wise (and they are) to stick to the "Fort Knox-like" London rehearsal studio.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 5, 2018 17:22

It'll most likely be the Miami area before the opener.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 5, 2018 17:45

MisterDDDD
It'll most likely be the Miami area before the opener.

Makes sense to me. I remember them rehearsing at RFK Stadium ( not sure if stadium is now demolished) prior to the VD Lounge Tour. It was recorded on VH1 at the time.

RFK Stadium was home to the Redskins and Senators. Very intimate stadium. Visited many events when I was a kid. Great Times. That was when you could bring your own food into the stadium.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 5, 2018 19:44

It will definitely be in North America, maybe in Alaska. They should play for Parker's 100 ounces of gold he won from Todd. I'd love to see them do a little show in Alaska. They could invite Jewel to join in for a song in the last frontier.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 5, 2018 19:55

dcba
chrism13
I am not sure if rehearsals are typically held in the city where the 1st show of the tour is?

Methinks the core of the rehearsals will be held in London (where the band can operate securely and anonymously) then the're ll probably be a "final" bout of rehearsals on the US soil (NYC?) then a dress rehearsal in the venue where the 1st gig of the tour takes place.

Madison Square Garden?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 5, 2018 21:58

chrism13
that makes sense except they dont seem to rehearse in London too much.

2017 and 2018 rehearsals were in London.

Date: December 5, 2018 22:51

dcba
mtaylor

Hell no! The place they chose in 2012 and 2014 was a dump in terms of security and it was located in a bad bad area. So they'd be wise (and they are) to stick to the "Fort Knox-like" London rehearsal studio.

God, i can't believe i'm still alive and well.
They've been there twice, 6 weeks the first time if i remember well, 2 weeks the second time. Sounds like they enjoyed the place, despite it was such a dangerous area, and were confident enough to let us in two times. As all the other stupid artists who chose to rehearse there and risked their lives, including a few big international acts [planetlive.fr]
But to be clear, it wouldn't make that much sense to rehearse in Paris suburbs for a North American Tour...and i'm not the studio owner winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 5, 2018 23:05

Jumpinjackflash59
dcba
mtaylor

God, i can't believe i'm still alive and well.
They've been there twice, 6 weeks the first time if i remember well, 2 weeks the second time. Sounds like they enjoyed the place, despite it was such a dangerous area, and were confident enough to let us in two times. As all the other stupid artists who chose to rehearse there and risked their lives, including a few big international acts [planetlive.fr]
But to be clear, it wouldn't make that much sense to rehearse in Paris suburbs for a North American Tour...and i'm not the studio owner winking smiley

I guess they prefer going out to dine in Paris than in Miami. Good French food versus Burger, French Fries, Coke and Sundae Ice Cream. I guess French Food and a good glass of French Wine is more interesting.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: December 5, 2018 23:34

The Stones management just contacted me, asking politely, if the band could use my garage for a while for doing rehearsals... supply of energy, water and food would be payed ...

I'm still pondering... should I allow this or not?

grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 5, 2018 23:36

mtaylor

I guess they prefer going out to dine in Paris than in Miami. Good French food versus Burger, French Fries, Coke and Sundae Ice Cream. I guess French Food and a good glass of French Wine is more interesting.

Saw this from Paris yesterday..
The dining options appear to run from great to not so great in both cities cool smiley

Date: December 5, 2018 23:42

MisterDDDD
mtaylor

Saw this from Paris yesterday..
The dining options appear to run from great to not so great in both cities cool smiley

In ten years she will not be taking selfies ….Burger King and McDonalds can do that to the looks- Also the smartass's hairline is worse than mine.

Date: December 5, 2018 23:56

Street fighting Man...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2018 00:03

I got a vacant shed they can have for freeeeeeeeeee ……

And I know Pierre loves it … he told me himself ….

ROCKMAN

Date: December 6, 2018 00:14

I'm confused - I thought that shack was reserved for the B-52s, hot smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2018 00:52

Did ya know that B52's Love Shack was produced by Don Was …..

ROCKMAN

Date: December 6, 2018 01:00

Rockman

Did not know - but A Bigger Bang is still annoying despite is efforts on other albums such as B2B and VL etc...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 6, 2018 01:02

I didn't know that Rockman.
The first I became familiar with Don Was was when this song was released in 1987 when I lived in England.
Couldn't escape from hearing that crap being played on almost every jukebox in almost every pub, but it does bring back memories...of hangovers...winking smiley

Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 6, 2018 01:04

Rockman

Wow. I looked it up I couldn’t quite believe it:
“Produced by Don Was,[6] the song's inspiration was "a cabin around Athens, Georgia”
But I guess he’s laughing barefoot to the bank...
(And now that horrible song is in my head)

Date: December 6, 2018 01:11

Don Was is not favorable - how about Nile Rogers or Quincy Jones??

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home