Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit vs regular pit ?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 2, 2018 12:33

Yes MononoM but in the US venues you're gonna have seats instead of the Golden Circle, and the GA (smaller than in Europe) is all the way back behind the sound/light tents.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 2, 2018 13:10

Topi

It's the exact same pit. The VIP package just includes the (quite worthless) bag of merch. The contents of the bag are the same with all VIP packages.

Yep - the only difference is the Merchandise and the (much) higher price and nothing else - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 2, 2018 13:39

Topi
Face value for pit is 499 USD + fees. The fees vary a little bit in different venues. If it says "Standard Adult Ticket" when you search for it on TM and not VIP, Platinum, or Resale, then it's a face value ticket.

For MetLife the price breakdown was as follows:

Sec PIT 1, (General Admission)
USD $499.50
fees
USD $5.00 (Order Processing Fee)
USD $60.00 (Service Fee)

Somehow i paid 608 including all fees. the ticketprice itself was 500. the fees are variable too i guess..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: December 2, 2018 13:40

Yes, they vary by venue. Same thing with Lucky Dips. A pair of Chicago Lucky dips was about 71 dollars, while in Chicago is was 90!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 2, 2018 14:40

Pit is pit. From the recent tours they have been selling packages with red Stones bags that do include posters and stuff, some say they are worth usd 50 on e-bay, I don't know about that, but these packages have been given early access access in front of the rest of the "pit people". Normally there have been may be 20-30 of those max, they are easy to spot because they carry or dump their bags right to the floor or by the rail, so the bags make it sort of awkward to walk around in the pit area. There are never hundreds. Often you may walk into the pit at 7pm and it is still half empty (i.e. half full or less). Some times fuller, some times more empty. Some times I walk into the pit when there are just 20-30 people there, then I walk out because there is not much happening there, I walkout and meet friends, then I walk back when the warm-up is on, then the pit is still not crowded.

If you are in the front of the pit you may get a guitar pick more easily, but you don't see Charlie and Keith much, because the stage is high. And you see Ronnie waste up. That is why I normally stay in the middle of the pit, so these very expensive packages may be ok for early access, but I don't have that money, they cost $1,000 or may be $1500, I don't know exactly, and I don't really want to carry those red/white bags.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 2, 2018 14:58

Topi
Yes, they vary by venue. Same thing with Lucky Dips. A pair of Chicago Lucky dips was about 71 dollars, while in Chicago is was 90!

Are you including taxes and fees? Thanks for the post.

Date: December 2, 2018 15:20

Yes all included.

Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 2, 2018 15:22

How easy is it to leave the pit for drinks or bathroom and return to your spot?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 2, 2018 15:34

Grrr, this brings back memories of carrying that near worthless bag of so-called VIP stuff. Not only is it a pain but it distracts the entire experience. I don't recommend this. Maybe they could let people collect them after the concert, that would be much better. I remember moving back and forth to the bathrooms easily. They're close to the pit. At least they were in Hamburg.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 15:37

MononoM
Topi
Face value for pit is 499 USD + fees. The fees vary a little bit in different venues. If it says "Standard Adult Ticket" when you search for it on TM and not VIP, Platinum, or Resale, then it's a face value ticket.

For MetLife the price breakdown was as follows:

Sec PIT 1, (General Admission)
USD $499.50
fees
USD $5.00 (Order Processing Fee)
USD $60.00 (Service Fee)

Somehow i paid 608 including all fees. the ticketprice itself was 500. the fees are variable too i guess..

In the Fan club Presale the price for Metlife I was 499,50 + 5 + 60 = 564,50, and that was exactly the price I had to pay. In Euro's 496, which is the same as I paid for Warsawa (last concert this year) in the PIT. Still looking for another one though, but only pay face value, nothing more. I'm sure PIT's will drop the next months, happened in Europe also. Just be patient.

Date: December 2, 2018 15:50

Edit: I was in the Pit in Düsseldorf 2017 (shortly after 6pm, Keith's side) and I saw there no VIP-Bags before and during the Concert. Shortly after 6pm there were only a few people in the Pit (not sure about Early Access in Düsseldorf) but the Pit got packed shortly before the Stones came on stage. It's not quite easy to find the optimal place - Charlie's face was hidden behind his Cymbal, Mick uses the whole stage and Keith+Ronnie were sometimes hidden by the Camera-man, Antennas and Monitors - [iorr.org] .

Here a picture from 2017 Paris #1 - red/white VIP-Bags before the Concert: Instagram - [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 17:35 by Irix.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 15:51

tony

Before the concert (during warm-up band and before): no problem at all. It's really easy to walk in and out of the PIT.
During concert: when you are with somebody, also not really a problem, only a little hard to work your way through the crowd. If you are alone, you might get some angry faces when you walk back to your spot.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 2, 2018 16:07

tony

No problem as long as you talk to the people around you, They will recognize you when you return.

Bjornulf

Date: December 2, 2018 16:10

jackflash27

Before the concert (during warm-up band and before): no problem at all. It's really easy to walk in and out of the PIT.
During concert: when you are with somebody, also not really a problem, only a little hard to work your way through the crowd. If you are alone, you might get some angry faces when you walk back to your spot.

Fully agree. Maybe it's better to enjoy the Concert, because it's quite short and there won't be that many Stones-Tours anymore.

Not sure about if the the people around you will recognize you when you return - shortly before the Stones came on stage, also a lot of new people came into the Pit (probably Lucky Dips) and the Pit got packed and I had to adjust my place again (at least in Düsseldorf 2017).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 16:15 by Irix.

Date: December 2, 2018 16:28

lrix, had to look back at my tix to see when I was in the pits. Besides Hamburg it was Arnhem, Dusseldorf and Edinburgh. In all places I remember easy access to the bathrooms because there's an exclusive entrance/exit of course, and the bathrooms were nearby. In Dusseldorf we had to line up outside on a running track hours before the concert, there they gave us our bags. To my knowledge there wasn't any chance to do it after the concert. In Stuttgart I'm almost positive they let people chose. I say this because during the show I saw many bags at a VIP stand. Maybe in the USA they will do things differently? Regards.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2018 16:35

I've been to way fewer shows than many here but the only time the pit was packed was at HP in 2013, on both sides, VIP and GA. It was open air and a huge crowd of course.

In Marseille (250€ "only"!) we got stuck in the queue and got there pretty late (7.30?) and it was nearly empty! Managed second row in the corner on Keith's side. Yeah you can't see Charlie or Ronnie much but you're as close as can be from both Mick and Keith and that's...priceless!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 2, 2018 17:04

Start Me Up' Package

One Incredible Top Price General Admission Floor Ticket in ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit *
Icons Immortalized. Cities Celebrated.
* Commemorative Set of Lithographs Designed Exclusively for the No Filter Tour
* This Special Set Captures the Artistic & Musical Essence of The Rolling Stones
* Each Set Also Includes a Unique No Filter Themed Visual Interpretation of Your City
Stunningly Visual. Impeccably Indelible.
* Custom Digital Photobook Designed Exclusively for VIPs
* Includes a Brilliant Selection of Archival Tour Photography & Inspirational Imagery
* Each Digital Photobook Also Includes a Photograph from Your Actual Concert!
Essential The Rolling Stones VIP Merchandise
* One Special VIP Tour Gift (Created Exclusively for VIP Package Purchasers)
* One Commemorative VIP Tour Laminate & Matching Lanyard

Date: December 2, 2018 17:07

And all other VIP Ticketmaster Packages:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Date: December 2, 2018 17:09

P.S.
Please notice: not a ‘worthless’ bag of merchandise.

Date: December 2, 2018 18:50

This package sounds much better than the Euro ones. For those of you getting these enjoy. Maybe post some pics, I'd like to see them. Cheers!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 2, 2018 19:28

Topi
Yes MononoM but in the US venues you're gonna have seats instead of the Golden Circle, and the GA (smaller than in Europe) is all the way back behind the sound/light tents.
yes like germany last year

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home