Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit vs regular pit ?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:25

The Start Me Up Package gives access to the so called ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit. When I bought tickets to Denver, that was the only pit ticket you could get and we are in Pit 2. Did anyone else get any kind of pit ticket and if so do you think the pits have separate areas VIP vs regular?

Re: ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit vs regular pit ?
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:27

donvis
The Start Me Up Package gives access to the so called ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit. When I bought tickets to Denver, that was the only pit ticket you could get and we are in Pit 2. Did anyone else get any kind of pit ticket and if so do you think the pits have separate areas VIP vs regular?

I doubt it. I guess there be will difference in value: bags, entry, posters etc.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:35

It's the exact same pit. The VIP package just includes the (quite worthless) bag of merch. The contents of the bag are the same with all VIP packages.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 00:42 by Topi.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:41

You do get a sticker to place on your shirt that says I paid $1000 more than you.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:47

The size of the pit is much larger on this US leg of the tour. The pit in Europe was smaller. The Golden Circle concept was a pretty decent value in Europe. It was general admission and the early birds could occupy the same space as US "pit."

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 2, 2018 00:54

sorry lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 00:58 by 35love.

Date: December 2, 2018 00:57

35love
I believe the contents of merchandise with VIP packages IS different this time around.
I will not double check, I am not looking at that purchase again until necessary.

But I remember hearing unique items. LOL

Date: December 2, 2018 01:01

Shawn20
The size of the pit is much larger on this US leg of the tour. The pit in Europe was smaller. The Golden Circle concept was a pretty decent value in Europe. It was general admission and the early birds could occupy the same space as US "pit."[/quote

I was in a PIT No Filter 1 and No Filter 2.

How much larger is the 2019 PIT going to be??

Thanks

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 2, 2018 01:02

I would’ve bought regular pit tickets if they were available but I bought these to be guaranteed the pit. Plus I am on Keith side. Money well spent

Date: December 2, 2018 01:03

donvis
I would’ve bought regular pit tickets if they were available but I bought these to be guaranteed the pit. Plus I am on Keith side. Money well spent

Agree man.

I bought the $10. RS snow globe gonna wrap it up under the tree Spring 2019 for me!

Date: December 2, 2018 01:13

35love
Shawn20
The size of the pit is much larger on this US leg of the tour. The pit in Europe was smaller. The Golden Circle concept was a pretty decent value in Europe. It was general admission and the early birds could occupy the same space as US "pit."[/quote

Thanks

The European pits were small rectangles close to the stage. The US pits stretch to edges of the actual stage.

Date: December 2, 2018 01:38

Shawn20
35love
Shawn20

Thanks

The European pits were small rectangles close to the stage. The US pits stretch to edges of the actual stage.

*Sounds fantastic. It’s very exciting for me.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 2, 2018 01:44

I don't know. The European pits were rectangles extending out to the end of the center ramp to the gold circle areas. I think these US pits that stretch out to the ends might be much narrower, though wider.

It's hard to tell the capacity or how crowded they will be until the first show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 2, 2018 02:39

Huh. The Twick PIT went all the way to the side too, angee, although not positive all I know is when I walked in I stopped and looked hard 2-4 times if any piece of rail was open- nope. So no choice but to walk forward stake your footprint space, and wait.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: December 2, 2018 02:41

donvis

We got 5 pit tickets for Denver for about half the price of Start me up packages. There are no separate areas. The only difference is your on Keith's side and we are on Ronnie's side.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 2, 2018 03:56

Ah, okay, thanks, 35love, I guess I'm off on that then.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 2, 2018 03:59

angee
Ah, okay, thanks, 35love, I guess I'm off on that then.

No Angee what I’m telling you is I don’t have a clue, Sue

Date: December 2, 2018 04:29

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 2, 2018 07:28

Same stage, same pit relatively as Europe. Either way, gonna be packed like sardines. But no place I'd rather be after having experienced the original pit at the 2012 shows and every tour since.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 08:14

donvis

As was already said, it is the same pit, there are no separate areas inside for those who bought packages (I remember the description of the Start Me Up Package in Prague was exactly the same - "ULTRA-Exclusive No Filter Pit").

In Europe it was also usually impossible to get pit tickets at the beginning of the sale, the Start Me Up package seemed like the only option. The pit tickets were being dropped later and there was absolutely no problem getting them for a regular price. The packages are only a plain rip-off and nothing else.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 08:58

donvis

The only thing that is exclusive is the price (Ultra exclusive = ultra expensive). Don't buy this crap. Just wait for PIT drops the coming months. Evenuntually you can buy PIT for face value.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 2, 2018 09:08

Not sure why people think the US pit will be bigger, if anything I think it looks smaller. The entrance in Europe looks about the same as the map for the US pit. Seats surrounding the pit look closer to stage than where the pit extended to in Europe.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2018 09:42

georgeV
Not sure why people think the US pit will be bigger, if anything I think it looks smaller. The entrance in Europe looks about the same as the map for the US pit. Seats surrounding the pit look closer to stage than where the pit extended to in Europe.

Based on the photo below, you could be right.

No Filter London Stadium ( sorry don't have a photo credit).
Perhaps someone can clarify, but I'm assuming that entire area from extreme left to right and which extends way out from the catwalk is the Pit.
Beyond that where it's more densely populated is the Gold Circle, and behind the lighting tower is regular GA. Just guessing as I wasn't there, but looks that way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 09:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 2, 2018 10:03

No, the area around the end of the catwalk is all golden circle, in this photo the pit blends in with GC. The more densely populated area is all GA.

Right at the end of the catwalk, a couple meters to the right is where I was standing (for both London shows and where I took those great photos from).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2018 10:13

Thanks for clarifying Bluzdude. thumbs up

It will be interesting to see the new additions of the stage extensions on either side as seen on the new seating charts,
and the end of the catwalk will be the traditional circular vs.the odd t-shape seen in above pic.

Edit: *Also on the new seating chart, looks like the Pit only goes out to half way of the catwalk.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 10:16 by Hairball.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 2, 2018 10:27

Shawn20
The size of the pit is much larger on this US leg of the tour. The pit in Europe was smaller. The Golden Circle concept was a pretty decent value in Europe. It was general admission and the early birds could occupy the same space as US "pit."

How do you know that? The maps aren't accurate. There were different forms for the in the Europe Maps as well but they all ended up in the same size.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 2, 2018 11:03

jackflash27
donvis

The only thing that is exclusive is the price (Ultra exclusive = ultra expensive). Don't buy this crap. Just wait for PIT drops the coming months. Evenuntually you can buy PIT for face value.

Yrs, but what is face value?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 2, 2018 11:13

Face value for pit is 499 USD + fees. The fees vary a little bit in different venues. If it says "Standard Adult Ticket" when you search for it on TM and not VIP, Platinum, or Resale, then it's a face value ticket.

For MetLife the price breakdown was as follows:

Sec PIT 1, (General Admission)
USD $499.50
fees
USD $5.00 (Order Processing Fee)
USD $60.00 (Service Fee)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-02 11:20 by Topi.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 2, 2018 11:37

Topi
Face value for pit is 499 USD + fees. The fees vary a little bit in different venues. If it says "Standard Adult Ticket" when you search for it on TM and not VIP, Platinum, or Resale, then it's a face value ticket.

For MetLife the price breakdown was as follows:

Sec PIT 1, (General Admission)
USD $499.50
fees
USD $5.00 (Order Processing Fee)
USD $60.00 (Service Fee)

Thank you, Topi, a straight answer from someone at last!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 2, 2018 12:25

in London there was pit, then golden circle, then GA

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home