Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New letter to send to ABKCO concerning 50th Anniversary of Let it Bleed
Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: December 3, 2018 01:55

Blueranger
I hope the OP knows that it is just as much The Rolling Stones themselves who are blocking the release of vault material. ABKCO can’t release any studio outtake without band approval.

It was rumored that Mick and Keith were in a studio earlier this year, listening to Beggars Banquet outtakes. Still, an agreement could not be reached with ABKCO.

If ABKCO would be allowed, they would have been releasing outtakes for the anniversary editions.

Don Was mentioned in an interview about the Deluxe Edition of Exile on Main Street doing something similar with the earlier albums. Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed might have even been mentioned.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: December 3, 2018 02:28

Thanks for all the advice... I remember the PR push for the GYYYO and I believe it worked as that was well done. Can't hurt to push for the 50th of Let it Bleed or 50th of Altamont to get some things they can release out of the vault.

I will definitely edit- it's too long, but the intent will be to hopefully get them to hear from me and from many on this board to release as much as possible. If it makes him money, why not?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 3, 2018 03:46

I read the first line. Then I watched Live PD

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 3, 2018 05:06

bigmac7895
Thanks for all the advice... I remember the PR push for the GYYYO and I believe it worked as that was well done. Can't hurt to push for the 50th of Let it Bleed or 50th of Altamont to get some things they can release out of the vault.

I will definitely edit- it's too long, but the intent will be to hopefully get them to hear from me and from many on this board to release as much as possible. If it makes him money, why not?

Given they've done 50th of TSMR and BB obviously they'll do a LIB.

The bigger issue is getting a meaningful release and not just the superficial stuff as we had from the last two. Convincing them people that have LIB 50x over aren't interested in the 51st version...but new material from the period is a game changer for their marketing and sales.

Date: December 3, 2018 21:48

While i think thats a fantastic letter...you have to remember ABKCO is a crappy company founded on crappy values and almost anything they release now (TSMR, BB,) IS not going to get the support or promotion from the band

.....keep on rolling.....

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 3, 2018 23:15

bigmac7895

Good idea to edit the letter and get the most salient points across otherwise you way lose them with too many requests.
From my perspective as one of the organizers of the Ya Yas Project, your letter may carry more weight if you (like we did with our petition) can get many others involved to support your cause-there's always safety in numbers! (but believe me, I know it won't be easy. It took a lot of time and effort on our part and I felt like I was prostituting myself, especially running up against lots of naysayers who were trying to shoot down our idea). However, we believed in our efforts and we pretty much got what we requested with the re-release of Ya Yas). My message to you-if you believe in it-go for it!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 4, 2018 07:18

But I need another flexi-disc! THAT would make Let it Bleed SO completely a no brainer

Rod

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 7, 2018 02:58

We probably should be writing to Mick and Keith instead of Abkco

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2018 18:44

One edit... "the late great Allen B Klein,"...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1722
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home