Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Jagger in Paris.
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: November 29, 2018 22:27

jlowe
Sister Marie
At the same time a famous guy from Liverpool named Paul McCartney was playing at the Paris La Défense Arena, I was there and enjoyed the show a lot like the entire stadium hot smiley >grinning smiley<

After the concert I discovered this news with Mick in Paris and I dreamed about a duo surprise on the Arena stage... but unfortunately winking smiley

Mick must envy Macca.
Paul is in control of his career, when he tours, records, choice of tracks. Only has to answer to himself. No baggage (ie other group members).
Lennon was right: Quite ridiculous for man over 35 to be still members of a'gang'. Time to move on.
The solo career has its pros and cons, but I assure you that the band is a magnificent thing! Today every member of the Stones have solo careers, parallel to that of the band. Being part of a band is always an honor, but it's not easy.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:22

Met Matt once at Madrid gig back in 2014.
Myself and a few other fans I know were in the Golden Circle area chatting, about half hour before the Stones were due on stage. I spotted Matt listening to the sound on far left when the support band or background music was playing.

Had a few drinks by then and went up to him when no sound was on and had a brief chat about the Tour etc. and he was very friendly and gracious even though I knew I really had too much to drink by then.

Matt and Mick are obviously good friends and just like all good friends, you just get on well together.

Probably similar thing with Ronnie and Ali MacKenzie from the old Birds days.

Also Charlie and Dave Green from his childhood days.

Keith probably has a few good friends but can't think of any off the top of my head. I know Bobby Keys was, but no prominent ones that you hear about.

As for Mick being envious of Macca.........or anyone else in this whole wide world, I don't think that is true at all.

Mick is the number one 'A' list celeb out of all famous people, and has been since the 60's .

I guess he admires a lot of people, but not envious. smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 29, 2018 23:33

crawdaddy
Met Matt once at Madrid gig back in 2014.
Myself and a few other fans I know were in the Golden Circle area chatting, about half hour before the Stones were due on stage. I spotted Matt listening to the sound on far left when the support band or background music was playing.

Had a few drinks by then and went up to him when no sound was on and had a brief chat about the Tour etc. and he was very friendly and gracious even though I knew I really had too much to drink by then.

Matt and Mick are obviously good friends and just like all good friends, you just get on well together.

Probably similar thing with Ronnie and Ali MacKenzie from the old Birds days.

Also Charlie and Dave Green from his childhood days.

Keith probably has a few good friends but can't think of any off the top of my head. I know Bobby Keys was, but no prominent ones that you hear about.

As for Mick being envious of Macca.........or anyone else in this whole wide world, I don't think that is true at all.

Mick is the number one 'A' list celeb out of all famous people, and has been since the 60's .

I guess he admires a lot of people, but not envious. smiling smiley

*Yes well let me be superficial
I would venture Paul might envy Mick w/ his fastidious work outs, super fly moves, and lips that sank a thousand ships.
(All the gorgeous women, at his feet drinking smiley)

Date: November 30, 2018 00:12

I would guess there is a mutual admiration between Mick and Paul, and they are probably also good friends.

I don't personally envy anyone in this world but do feel extremely sorry when I hear of people who are a lot worse off than me.

I'm not poor........but I'm not that well off these days as I have been in the past, financially and also health wise.

Mick and Paul are very talented people and deserve to get where they are

They have both given so many people all over the world, so much pleasure since the early 60's.
May they carry on, for as long as they see fit to do so. smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:37

Keith and Waddy:

Via: [twitter.com]

Date: November 30, 2018 00:50

thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:56

Speaking of howling at the moon ^ it’s there werewolves of London ^

I enjoy reading the stories here (thank you Crawdaddy)

Cheers to my IORR friends-

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2018 00:58

Keith looks good...

Sure gets a lot of mileage out of that Mavis shirt... cool smiley
Not knockin' him, I like how he likes what he likes.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 30, 2018 01:27

Yeah Keith is looking good compared to a couple weeks ago, i guess he just had an off day in NYC as i said.

I notice Keith has lost weight over the last few years, he looks tour ready now.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 30, 2018 01:48

Waddy is a really good guitarist. Regretfully there is no place for him in the Stones. A pity since I really think he would have improved
the guitar section immensely. In contrast to Darryl who is totally misplaced.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 30, 2018 02:42

Koen
Keith and Waddy:

"The Immediate Family"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 30, 2018 07:12

Koen
Keith and Waddy:

You're not supposed to leave the Tefillin on for the whole day, Waddy!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 30, 2018 09:12

Sister Marie
At the same time a famous guy from Liverpool named Paul McCartney was playing at the Paris La Défense Arena, I was there and enjoyed the show a lot like the entire stadium hot smiley >grinning smiley<

After the concert I discovered this news with Mick in Paris and I dreamed about a duo surprise on the Arena stage... but unfortunately winking smiley

I was there too, great show great set-list ruined by the awful echo surrounding the Arena angry smiley.This place is definitely not a place made for music.

HMN

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: November 30, 2018 09:58

jlowe
Mick must envy Macca. Paul is in control of his career, when he tours, records, choice of tracks. Only has to answer to himself. No baggage (ie other group members).

Perhaps, but then again Macca can't seem to enjoy life without playing Beta male simp to some woman. This character trait led him to put one wife in his band and pay another several million in a divorce settlement.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 30, 2018 11:22

He's going to meet Ronnie

Ronnie ; " I’m gonna go off to Paris and see Mick next week and see what his latest thoughts are after he’s got together with Keith."

[eu.azcentral.com]

Date: November 30, 2018 11:39

Lien

Ronnie ; " I’m gonna go off to Paris and see Mick next week and see what his latest thoughts are after he’s got together with Keith."

[eu.azcentral.com]

The «after he’s got together with Keith»-part might refer to the studio time Mick and Keith had together recently..

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2018 12:39

Honestman
Sister Marie

I was there too, great show great set-list ruined by the awful echo surrounding the Arena angry smiley.This place is definitely not a place made for music.

Depends on where you are located as we found last year for the Stones. In the front it's perfect and I'd say that on the floor generally it's good, at least until about the mixing desk. I was just in front of the mixing desk on Wednesday and it was excellent, zero echo.

In case you missed it : [www.youtube.com] (also on Dime)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 30, 2018 13:54

Stoneage
Waddy is a really good guitarist. Regretfully there is no place for him in the Stones. A pity since I really think he would have improved
the guitar section immensely. In contrast to Darryl who is totally misplaced.

I was with you then Stoneage smiling smiley all the way up to you saying Darryl confused smiley

Ronnie surely, you mean Waddy in place of Ronnie but are trying to be polite winking smiley

Date: November 30, 2018 14:05

Judging by what Mick says in various interviews since he had 40 demos a few years ago, you know, he's always writing, prolific, loves making music etc etc, i recon Mick has like 140 demos now. The really good thing is that instead of co writing with crusty old Keith, he has the added luxury and bonus of co writing with the world accomplished and legendary Matt writer producer.
If Keith would just be a little nicer to Mick we got enough material for 4 double albums by the Stones without the need for any input from Keith.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 30, 2018 14:20

DandelionPowderman
Lien

[eu.azcentral.com]

The «after he’s got together with Keith»-part might refer to the studio time Mick and Keith had together recently..

Do we here from Ronnie's words get a rare glimpse of the real process of discontinuation about the making of a Rolling Stones studio album?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 30, 2018 15:08

Lien

[eu.azcentral.com]

Bless Ron Wood for some real information

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 30, 2018 15:19

RW is what keeps it together.....without him they are lost...its solo city

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 30, 2018 19:21

gotdablouse
Honestman
Sister Marie

Depends on where you are located as we found last year for the Stones. In the front it's perfect and I'd say that on the floor generally it's good, at least until about the mixing desk. I was just in front of the mixing desk on Wednesday and it was excellent, zero echo.

In case you missed it : [www.youtube.com] (also on Dime)

Je vais le faire en français.Même si toi tu étais bien placé, c'est pas une raison pour que le son soit aussi dégueulasse pour le reste des gens présents.
L'année dernière déjà avec les Stones c'était limite (j'étais carré droit), pour Paulo j'étais dans la fosse près des consoles et franchement il faut pas être un audiophile pour s'apercevoir que dés a Hard Day's Night, ça va pas le faire.
La Défense Arena , plus jamais pour moi.

It's not because it was good enuff for some people depending the seats they were or where they were standing, that it should be awful for the other ones , to sum up my french words, and at last the Defense Arena , never again for me !

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 19:23 by Honestman.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 30, 2018 20:13

keithsman
Judging by what Mick says in various interviews since he had 40 demos a few years ago, you know, he's always writing, prolific, loves making music etc etc, i recon Mick has like 140 demos now. The really good thing is that instead of co writing with crusty old Keith, he has the added luxury and bonus of co writing with the world accomplished and legendary Matt writer producer.
If Keith would just be a little nicer to Mick we got enough material for 4 double albums by the Stones without the need for any input from Keith.

Well, it might as well be 4 double Mick solo albums then.
Trouble is they would only sell a fraction of what a Stones album would sell.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 4, 2018 14:50

Rocky Dijon
Rip This
firebird
Matt Clifford is there too

it's like they're lovers or something.....

Somewhere...and I can't remember where now...there's an absolutely hilarious quote from Matt from the STEEL WHEELS tour. He's talking about what it's like after a show and how Keith and Ronnie and Bobby hang out and listen to loud music while he and Mick go out to dinner and then watch a movie if there's something good on TV.

As to Rip This' remark, what it really is that they're close friends who write and produce music together. It's been that way for many years even though Matt hasn't always received credit.

dinner and a movie...that's kind of cute.

Date: December 4, 2018 23:57

Hasn't Matt only received co-writes on GGAG and EL ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 5, 2018 00:08

A fair chunk of GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY as well. Before that a couple of co-arranger credits with Mick ("Continental Drift" and "Angel in My Heart"). When he signed his publishing deal, the press release mentioned it would represent him to ensure songwriting credits for his work with The Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger.

Date: December 5, 2018 00:31

Ah yes, 4 tracks on Goddess,including the title track.

I wonder if we'll ever know what happened during WS for which he was introduced as Mick's "musical aide de camp" in a Vanity Fair article in February 1992 as they were working on Don't Tear Me Up and he only ended up appearing on Angel In My Heart if memory serves. Possibly related to what French rock critic Philippe Manœuvre said when it finally got released, i.e. that Ahmet Ertegun had told Mick to rework the album a couple of times. I never saw that mentioned elsewhere though.

--------------

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 5, 2018 03:15

Just speculation on my part, but Jimmy Rip was musical director and said he put the band together. Additionally, Rick Rubin was the toughest producer Jagger had since Jimmy Miller in telling him he could do better. Between the two, Billy Preston and Benmont Tench made more sense for a rootsy, sometimes funky album of earthy rock, r&b, country, blues, and folk.

For the record, BEING MICK has a scene of Mick, Dave Stewart, and Matt running through "Old Habits Die Hard." When Mick and Dave cut the song in 2004, Matt was not present. Either conflicts or not everyone is as enamored of Mick's campy aide.
Make that aide-de-camp. No letters, please.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 5, 2018 05:03

Rocky! Lol.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home