Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 43 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 20, 2019 07:00

I thought the process for handing out tickets at Santa Clara was a little fishy. Why write our names on envelope? I actually didn't see our envelope get taken off the pile. The 2 guys who we hung out with all day got Pits, while we got obstructed view. We were not happy. Our section 119 was almost all LDs. We decided not to put hope in LDs for Glendale and sprung for Ronnie side Pits.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 20, 2019 08:03

2014Slayer
I thought the process for handing out tickets at Santa Clara was a little fishy. Why write our names on envelope? I actually didn't see our envelope get taken off the pile. The 2 guys who we hung out with all day got Pits, while we got obstructed view. We were not happy. Our section 119 was almost all LDs. We decided not to put hope in LDs for Glendale and sprung for Ronnie side Pits.

Glendale might be the best opportunity to get Pits seeing as it's selling so poorly, but what do I know.

After getting crappy Lucky Dips a couple of times when they were first introduced back in 2013, I almost completely lost faith in them, though there were a select few back then who truly did get lucky. Then after reading about many success stories over the last few years, I decided to give it another shot this time around. What did I have to lose? At least I would get inside the stadium for a very reasonable price - no compalints. Fast forward to last night, and the Lucky Dip Gods finally showered their love upon me...started thinking I must have done something good to receive what I did. Either that, or I was simply very lucky! Maybe a combo of both, but it didn't hurt to pray a little bit when I was walking up to the Will Call window lol. I have Lucky Dips for Glendale but don't feel the need to pray anymore as I think the Gods are already on my side, but no matter what I get I'll be satisfied.

You'll have no problem selling them if that's what you choose.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: August 20, 2019 16:13

Anyone have the LD link for Miami??

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 20, 2019 16:52

well i was able to get two LD's when they went on sale...I have kept an eye on the availability of pit tickets and they were still available a few days ago...i was set to take the $425 plunge and give away the LD's but when I woke up yesterday my normal lower back pain was way high, almost as a reminder that my days of standing at a show for hours are over...I'll be 69 soon and my back starts to ache from standing in front of the sink prepping dinner...ouch...oh well

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 20, 2019 17:30

We didn't have LDs for Glendale, but were trying for them. Just decided we would regret not having bought Pits for Glendale if this was possibly the last time they tour North America. It was nice to see you again Hairball.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 20, 2019 23:34

My lucky dip partner for Rose Bowl sadly just had to cancel. So I have one extra lucky dip ticket. With Ticketbastard fees, it is $45, cash only, exact change. Email me if you are interested. I plan to pick up the tickets around 5:30.

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 23:43

(Accidental double post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-20 23:46 by Benjiboy13.

Posted by: Benjiboy13 ()
Date: August 20, 2019 23:43

JadedFaded
My lucky dip partner for Rose Bowl sadly just had to cancel. So I have one extra lucky dip ticket. With Ticketbastard fees, it is $45, cash only, exact change. Email me if you are interested. I plan to pick up the tickets around 5:30.

Just sent you a note!

Date: August 21, 2019 01:19

Extra LD is taken

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: August 21, 2019 01:43

JadedFaded
Extra LD is taken

if anyone else has one spare LD please email me at stoneswolfla.21.wolferich@spamgourmet.com

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 21, 2019 01:54

What time they Start to give the lucky tickets?

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 21, 2019 03:46

rogerriffin
What time they Start to give the lucky tickets?

I was told 530pm.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 21, 2019 06:47

rustytrinket
MisterDDDD
Pulled pit 1 as my amazingly lucky Lucky Dip run continued cool smiley

Had a great time, went with friend who had never been in the pit,
Grabbed the back rail and had a blast.

Thank you Rolling Stones!!
Wow. love this band!!

Yes! Congrats. Any tips to pull pit based on your experience? I have floor seats at a good spot but bought lucky dip to see if we can pull pit. Fingers crossed.

For me, after pulling pits the first time on this leg, I convinced myself that getting in line exactly thirty minutes after the window opened was what I was going to do for all the shows I had left cool smiley I pulled pit for four shows out of six and also had bought a pair for my son who pulled pit. I was also gifted a pit for one of the shows, (the only show I pulled nosebleeds), by an IORR friend smiling smiley
Extremely grateful for all of that!

Wether it was completely random or better tickets came after the initial rush of people, or the shmoozing helped is hard to say. Some of that is definitely venue specific in how diligent they are with the rules as one pair the woman knew for certain my tix were "very good".. Another I made some jokes with the guy putting the wristbands on and he then told the lady handing tix out to "give him a good one", and she definitely did!

Good luck to everyone with Ld's left for the remaining shows!!

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 21, 2019 06:56

If you get nosebleed dips, are the seats usually side stage at least?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 21, 2019 07:40

rustytrinket
MisterDDDD

Wow. love this band!!

Yes! Congrats. Any tips to pull pit based on your experience? I have floor seats at a good spot but bought lucky dip to see if we can pull pit. Fingers crossed.

Hey Rusytrinket,

can you send me an e-mail? My adress should be visible for you.

Jan

Posted by: rustytrinket ()
Date: August 21, 2019 13:50

hockenheim95
rustytrinket
MisterDDDD

Wow. love this band!!

Hey Rusytrinket,

Jan

Email sent.

Date: August 22, 2019 00:11

rustytrinket
hockenheim95
rustytrinket
MisterDDDD

Wow. love this band!!

Hey Rusytrinket,

Jan

Email sent.

I grabbed the back rail right at the bend in Denver. The rail actually had places you could sit down on. We sat down before and between bands. Great view. To me better than being jammed up front.

Date: August 23, 2019 05:11

Pulled section 19, side view. Lots of LD wristbands in this section

Date: August 23, 2019 05:26

I just noticed my LD wristband says 05.11.19

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: August 23, 2019 05:40

Rose Bowl we pulled section 8 and 11, low rows. Decent for $85 pairs.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: August 23, 2019 09:46

Rose Bowl - also lots of high rows in Section 4, we got row 75 (77 was top).

Viewing angle was ok - could not see Charlie, but could always see Keith and Ronnie - and the side is closer to the band than the back oval. But all non-floor seats are far away in that huge stadium.

Did not see anyone get pits, but was told someone got pits.

Place was packed and pits looked full too, although they filled up slower than at other concerts I saw this year.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 23, 2019 10:47

Section 14, row 11, here. Also surrounded by LD wristbands.

Seats were fine; better view than anticipated...and good sound. And enjoyed having a different perspective than side view, where we sat Sunday night in Santa Clara.

Great show...third and last of this tour for me after Philly and SC...made up for the 2 hour 20 minute drive from the South Bay (sharing the 110 freeway with all the Dodger fans).

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: August 23, 2019 18:42

Section 14, row 14 for us. Solid seats and sound was fantastic. Off to the pit in Phoenix come Monday!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2019 19:20

Wondering if anybody pulled Pit w/Lucky Dips for the Rose Bowl? Haven't heard or read about any, though might have missed it.
Possibly the strongest selling show out of all of them, maybe the Pit literally sold max capacity, but surely they could always squeeze in a few Lucky Dippers...I would think so anyways.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 24, 2019 02:33

Hairball
Wondering if anybody pulled Pit w/Lucky Dips for the Rose Bowl? Haven't heard or read about any, though might have missed it.
Possibly the strongest selling show out of all of them, maybe the Pit literally sold max capacity, but surely they could always squeeze in a few Lucky Dippers...I would think so anyways.

I saw at least two couples getting Pit with LD

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: August 29, 2019 19:02

Can someone please post the lucky dip miami link,

I would like to try again in case of any returns.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: August 29, 2019 23:03

plenty of us pulled LD's for Phoenix...saw a lot of IORR'ers in the dip line get Pit 2 tix...effin' fabulous

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 31, 2019 08:48

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 31, 2019 12:49

Kurt

Fabulous! Well done Kurt. I wondered whether you’d make it down there at all with the weather there and you’ve been rewarded with a Pit. I got my 1st ever Lucky Dip Pit at the 6th attempt in Coventry last year and what a thrill it was. Great way to end a great tour. Good to meet you right at the start of it thumbs up.

In the meantime, stay safe in Florida.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 31, 2019 17:18

Of the seven pairs of LDs I was fortunate to grab for this leg, I ended up drawing Pit tix for four of them!! Ended up in the pit via friends etc. at two of the others cool smiley

Amazing luck for this leg and hats off to The Rolling Stones for making these not only available, but for setting aside mostly fantastic seats for all the shows. All side stage, even the nosebleeds from what I saw, some slightly obstructed views, but mostly great viewing areas in the lower bowl!!

Thank you thank you thank you Rolling Stones!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 43 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home