Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 42 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: August 12, 2019 00:42

Had 2 pair for Denver. One pair section 534, one pair pit 1. Back and knees still hurt from standing, Getting too old......

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: August 12, 2019 04:29

hey all i have it on good authority a pair of LDs for seattle where just refunded!

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

not sure how quickly they go back in the system, though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-12 04:32 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: August 15, 2019 10:51

Scored Pit 2 tonight in Seattle. Saw around 10 other LD people..

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:10

Was 3rd or 4th in the queue, got section 106. Wasn’t bad at all.
The woman at the front of the queue scored pit tickets and was so happy that it was ok I didn’t get them. Nice to see someone get Maybe their dream!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 15, 2019 11:38

Had a couple pairs.. My son (first show) pulled Pit 1 for he and his wife and we got club seats on Ronnie's side! Fantastic seats!!

Great show.. great time!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 15, 2019 20:21

Paddy, we were sitting near each other. I also got section 106, row L.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 05:29

Scored floor tickets for Seattle. Easily walked past security for pit Keith's side awesome night.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: August 16, 2019 05:48

I showed up 7'ish and pulled Pit 2. Experienced a bit of a delay when the people at the pit entry door to the stadium ran out of pit 2 wrist bands! They had plenty of Pit 1 wristbands but weren't allowed to deface them with a "2" they eventually improvised a solution & we got to the pit with minutes to spare. Phew!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 16, 2019 06:56

DaveG
Small World! I was row X. The sound was a little echoey at times.

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: August 16, 2019 19:13

Pit 2 both nights of the Meadowlands. Night one got them about 5 pm, night 2 like 9 pm. Dumb luck.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 17, 2019 00:37

Lucky dips. Are the best ty Stones used all the money i saved on tickets to buy tshirts...

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 17, 2019 03:06

ohmercy61
Scored floor tickets for Seattle. Easily walked past security for pit Keith's side awesome night.

Does "scored floor seats" mean those were lucky dip tickets as well?

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 17, 2019 17:11

Has anyone with Lucky Dips received RESERVED floor seats at all?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 17, 2019 17:14

DaveG

me 107 Row T

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: August 18, 2019 00:30

rlj1010
Has anyone with Lucky Dips received RESERVED floor seats at all?

I did: first section behind Pit!*But*it wss NOLA ...

Posted by: rustytrinket ()
Date: August 18, 2019 01:08

Hairball
slewan
people scoring pit tickets and not wanting them - did this ever happen in Europe (or the UK)? Or is it just another american absurdity

My wife (who is English by the way) had reconstructive surgery on a shattered ankle some years ago, and prefers not to endure long periods of standing in place.
She can jog, run, walk, dance, skip-to-my-lou, jumping jacks, and everything else just fine, but long periods in a stationary stance can be a bother.
That's the reason I'm always on the lookout for lower/mid level side seats when I bring her to shows as was the case in Chicago #2 and the upcoming Pasadena show.
Not sure what would happen if we got Pit w/Lucky Dips, but based on her ankle issue would probably want to switch them out to seats however absurd that might sound.
I do have Lucky Dips for Santa Clara and Glendale (going without her), and am hoping for Pit for one or the other (or both), or anything that's not nosebleed or limited side view.
If dealt nosebleeds or limited views, I'll deal with it when the time comes....I've been known to maniuever my way to greener pastures.

Hey Hairball. First time poster here, but I’ve been lurking for a while.smiling bouncing smiley My girlfriend and I have 2 Lucky Dip tickets to the Pasadena show. It’ll be our first Stones show. Can’t wait. We had tickets to their Vegas show in 2016 (flew out, got a hotel and everything) so that would’ve been it, but unfortunately they canceled so that was a bummer.

We’re hoping for PIT tickets, so your post caught my attention. If we get seated tickets and you get Pit, would you be willing to swap? At least this way we have 2 shots each of getting a spot we prefer.

Let me know, cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 18, 2019 07:41

rustytrinket
Hairball
slewan
people scoring pit tickets and not wanting them - did this ever happen in Europe (or the UK)? Or is it just another american absurdity

My wife (who is English by the way) had reconstructive surgery on a shattered ankle some years ago, and prefers not to endure long periods of standing in place.
She can jog, run, walk, dance, skip-to-my-lou, jumping jacks, and everything else just fine, but long periods in a stationary stance can be a bother.
That's the reason I'm always on the lookout for lower/mid level side seats when I bring her to shows as was the case in Chicago #2 and the upcoming Pasadena show.
Not sure what would happen if we got Pit w/Lucky Dips, but based on her ankle issue would probably want to switch them out to seats however absurd that might sound.
I do have Lucky Dips for Santa Clara and Glendale (going without her), and am hoping for Pit for one or the other (or both), or anything that's not nosebleed or limited side view.
If dealt nosebleeds or limited views, I'll deal with it when the time comes....I've been known to maniuever my way to greener pastures.

Hey Hairball. First time poster here, but I’ve been lurking for a while.smiling bouncing smiley My girlfriend and I have 2 Lucky Dip tickets to the Pasadena show. It’ll be our first Stones show. Can’t wait. We had tickets to their Vegas show in 2016 (flew out, got a hotel and everything) so that would’ve been it, but unfortunately they canceled so that was a bummer.

We’re hoping for PIT tickets, so your post caught my attention. If we get seated tickets and you get Pit, would you be willing to swap? At least this way we have 2 shots each of getting a spot we prefer.

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding rustytrinket, but I do not have Lucky Dip tickets for Pasadena - I bought reserved side seats for my wife and I during initial sales.
The part of my post you put in bold was a "what if" scenario as in if I had bought Lucky Dips wouldn't know what to do if we were given Pit.

Since then, plans have changed and she can no longer make it to Pasadena, so refunded original tix and have upgraded myself to a single that magically appeared in section E for face value.
That said, I hope and pray you and your girlfriend are LUCKY and get the Pit tickets you deserve!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 07:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 18, 2019 07:49

My friend scored pit 2 LD tickets in Seattle, but said when he got to the gate the tickets wouldn't scan and had to go back to will call for new tickets. They were still pit 2, but he barely made it to the pit on time. He said the couple behind him had similar issues.

Just a heads up...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-18 07:51 by mosthigh.

Date: August 18, 2019 08:05

Hairball
rustytrinket
Hairball
slewan

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding rustytrinket, but I do not have Lucky Dip tickets for Pasadena - I bought reserved side seats for my wife and I during initial sales.
The part of my post you put in bold was a "what if" scenario as in if I had bought Lucky Dips wouldn't know what to do if we were given Pit.

Since then, plans have changed and she can no longer make it to Pasadena, so refunded original tix and have upgraded myself to a single that magically appeared in section E for face value.
That said, I hope and pray you and your girlfriend are LUCKY and get the Pit tickets you deserve!smileys with beer

Doh! Lol. Thanks! Hopefully it works out. Enjoy the show!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 18, 2019 10:08

If you score Pit from Lucky Dip, get yourself in asap and get your wristband sorted. There maybe issues prior to getting the wristband but once it’s on you’ll be able to do whatever you need with no worries.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 19, 2019 04:13

Pulled 119 tonight, all the other dippers before us pulled similar. Names were already written on envelopes.

Date: August 19, 2019 07:06

erbissell
Pulled 119 tonight, all the other dippers before us pulled similar. Names were already written on envelopes.

We’re you among the first few in line to pick up your tickets?

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: August 19, 2019 09:58

rustytrinket
erbissell

No we went over around 6. It didn’t matter tonight as everything was pre assigned, the ticket window guy even told us he didn’t know what he was giving us.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 19, 2019 11:08

My "Luck" so far:

Denver - Seats
Seattle - Pit 2
Santa Clara - Pit 2

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 19, 2019 11:29

erbissell
rustytrinket
erbissell

No we went over around 6. It didn’t matter tonight as everything was pre assigned, the ticket window guy even told us he didn’t know what he was giving us.

Went early to window, and was told by the LD guy at window that tickets were freshly printed as people come up to the window and then placed in the envelope.
I asked if he peaked at ours and if they were good, but he said no he didn't...he then winked...I opened envelope and Pit 2 was glowing brightly.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 19, 2019 15:59

Bump. Anyone out there have a Pit 1 ticket that they could email to me.

Hello, quick favor to ask. I had LD Pit 1 tickets for Philadelphia. I was going to get it framed as it was my kids first show. Well after looking everywhere I have lost them. Could someone scan a LD Pit 1 ticket for the Philadelphia show & email it to onecelt70@yahoo.com. That way I can still make him a souvenir.

Thanks

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 19, 2019 17:50

Pulled pit 1 as my amazingly lucky Lucky Dip run continued cool smiley

Had a great time, went with friend who had never been in the pit,
Grabbed the back rail and had a blast.

Thank you Rolling Stones!!
Wow. love this band!!

Date: August 19, 2019 20:38

MisterDDDD
Pulled pit 1 as my amazingly lucky Lucky Dip run continued cool smiley

Had a great time, went with friend who had never been in the pit,
Grabbed the back rail and had a blast.

Thank you Rolling Stones!!
Wow. love this band!!

Yes! Congrats. Any tips to pull pit based on your experience? I have floor seats at a good spot but bought lucky dip to see if we can pull pit. Fingers crossed.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 20, 2019 00:28

Yesterday at Santa Clara,
you showed a guy behind the glass / counter your ID and CC
he left and he came back with an envelope, with your name on it.
he handed u 2 lucky dip wristbands as well.
you opened up the envelope, and that showed the tickets.
he made u put on the wristbands.

who knows what happened when he left and came back with the wristbands, did he write the name on the envelope? did a Stones rep provide the tickets? etc...
I didn't see anybody in front of me win, but I did see somebody that was only 2 people in front of me walk into the pit, so I assume they got pit tickets but didn't see any jump for joy while in front of me.
Assuming that, people inside likely guided them to the final pit wrist band check, and provided them an additional pit wrist band (Ronnie side).

As far as I was concerned looking back, there is nothing a fan can do but hope.

On a side note, our LD tickets were lower level, extreme side (Ronnie's side), while not optimum, they were as close as you could get and still be in a seat.

hope that helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-20 00:46 by snorton.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: August 20, 2019 01:23

In Denver when we got to the LD window the clerk asked for your ID and crossed your name off the master name list with either a green or orange marker, then gave you an envelope from one of two trays. She used the orange marker to cross off my name and then picked our ticket envelope from the tray with only 1 or 2 left at the time. The other tray had many more envelopes still to be distributed.

The tray almost out of envelopes yielded us Pit 1, and the clerk emphasized "lucky" when she passed the envelope through with "here are your *lucky* dip tickets; enjoy the show."

Part of me wonders if the orange marker indicated in advance getting a Pit tickets envelope, but maybe the process was all random nevertheless.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 42 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home