Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 41 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 6, 2019 06:38

Pulled Pit 1 !!!

Great show!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 6, 2019 07:56

This was my first lucky dip experience and I got Pit 2! I couldn’t believe it! I was ecstatic. Had a few tall people blocking part of my view, but what I could see was fantastic. Had such a blast!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 6, 2019 12:26

slewan
people scoring pit tickets and not wanting them - did this ever happen in Europe (or the UK)? Or is it just another american absurdity

I do seem to recall that last year there were a few reports of people turning back pit tickets at the LD counter. Maybe in Dublin or some of the UK shows.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: August 6, 2019 19:37

It seems i started a run of "turning down Pit tix" messages!
I posted so many message in this thread leading up to my show last night, i figured i might as well post my experience now!

I just submitted my show review to BV, but here is my LD review:

Without going into the boring details, the reason i asked about trading pits yesterday was because of a last minute convoluted situation where a friend offered me his LDs (for my son). He had his own pit tix already, but based on other shows he'd been to he was worried of he drew pit 1 (not the pit his group's tix were for), they slap the Pit2 bracelet on him on the spot and that would mess things up for my son's friend who need that extra LD ticket. Thanks to the quick replies sent to me here, that was not a concern and my son brought his friend and all went well, as they dew regular, although not great, seats.

As for me, my wife and I drew (drumroll)...

Pit 2!

i cant offer any strategy, other than to say, i casually said the the girl at the window, "2 Pit, please," which actually drew a laugh from her and the security guard. I then asked "Does everyone make that joke?" She of course said "yes." To which I replied, "Ok, then don't give me the pit!" Another laugh (I was on fire, i guess!). She then shook the envelope by her ear and shook it -- Carnac style -- slipped the tix thru the slot and before i could even see them she and the guard smiled and said "Congratulations!" i said "I got Pit??" and they both said "yes!" Pretty cool. And some have speculated that timing make make a difference; i go on line at about 6:40 and the wit was no ore than 5 minutes.

I can't say if my brief attempt(s) at humor did anything - I doubt it, as the guard seemed genuinely happy and surprised for me. I guess all I can offer is, don't be a jerk and don't offer a desperate story about why you need Pits, just be nice and hope for the best.

I wish my buddy drew Pits for my son and his friend, but 2 for 2 wasn't meant to be. As he had never seen them live and his friend never even been to a concert, they were glad to be "in the "room." As I told his friend afterwards...every concert you go to the rest of your life will pale in comparison to this!

A few Pit stories. I love being that close having been at Roseland and in '89, in he 5th row at Shea. i will say for those of us with a few extra years on us, standing for 4 hours it not as easy as it once was! Also much more pushing and shoving than at Roseland; maybe the crowds have changed in the last 15 years or so! Too many entitled people who fought there way to the front early on and then every time they went to get a drink or take a piss would try and fight there way back to the front saying "I'm trying to get back to my spot." I said to one of them, "you left, its not your spot anymore!" To my shock he gave up his fight. There were also two near fights over spots during the show, and at the very end one guy forced his way to the front during Satisfaction, as the song ended and Charlie tossed his stick out, this guy apparently grabbed it out of someones hand and bolted, knocking a few over along the way. It was clearly a pre-planned move in his part...not cool!

Of course, those are few moments that did not in anyway sour my night, I just thought I'd point them out. Also at 6'2", i was fine with my sight line, but i also happily notice that in the 15 feet or so from me to the stage, I was literally head taller than everyone! My wife staked out the spot in front of me and we were good to go (sorry to anyone shorter than me in my direct rear path, though!).

Good luck to anyone still holding LDs for the next few shows!

Oh yeah... the show was great, but you can read my review if/when BV puts it up!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-06 19:50 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 6, 2019 23:08

I got a chance of sharing a LD from a person on IORR. I had not met this guy before but he held the ticket for me & I was hoping for Pit 2. I scored Pit 1 in Philadelphia & brought my kid with me. This time I was hoping for Pit 2. Lady Luck did not disappoint. A beautiful night & met some wonderful people from Croatia, Argentina, Japan, Ireland & the US. Thanks to the person that shared his LD ticket with me. Thanks to Lady Luck and thanks to The Rolling Stones. Truly the greatest band.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 7, 2019 02:37

MisterDDDD

Most of the early people there when they first opened were pulling 300 level, but after the initial start rush the tickets seemed to get better. We got in the LD line about 6:30 and plan on repeating.. a repeat on the Tix we got last night would be more than fine by me cool smiley

Got in line at exactly 6:30 per my plan, and pulled Pit 1.
Really was a pattern at both these shows of the better tix being distributed after the initial rush was over.
Fwiw cool smiley

Date: August 7, 2019 07:40

We got in line a few minutes before 6. There were 30 or so people ahead of us. I couldn’t tell what kind of seats people were getting. No one seemed overly excited or disappointed. I did hear some folks in front of us got section 312. I’d have been very happy with first level seats, but really didn’t want 300 level—too steep for dancing. When I got to the window, I told the woman there that I was so nervous about what seats we’d get. She looked at my ID and said we shared the same first name, and that was a good omen. She went through a stack of envelopes and pulled one out. I was afraid to look. They were PIT2! I was so excited and delighted, I started to scream. As I walked past the rest of the line, people asked me did I get pit, and then high-fived me when I said yes. I have no idea if there were names or order numbers on those envelopes or if section numbers were on them. I just couldn’t believe my good fortune to get pit tix. I have LDs for Pasadena too. I hope my luck stays good for that show too.

As for the pit itself, extremely crowded, even in the back. Lots of late comers trying to push their way to better positions. Very hot and HUMID. But great place to be to see the band up close. The guy in front of me said the pit in Foxborough wasn’t as crowded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-07 07:56 by JadedFaded.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 7, 2019 16:15

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-19 23:38 by Kurt.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 7, 2019 18:28

I got LD section 340 'limited view', somewhere high in the back. I didn't even make it to the places.

I thought by myself; 'F**k Off, I am travelling all the way down from Europe, saved a lot of money for this trip to see my band.. so I won't look to a video screen'. And in the end, with some connections I made through the past years, I ended up in Pit 1. That's what I called 'Stones family', I love you all.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 7, 2019 19:07

So for my 3 pairs of Lucky Dips.

Chi 1 Pit 1
DC Pit 1
NJ 2 Sec 140

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2019 20:00

RG
I got LD section 340 'limited view', somewhere high in the back. I didn't even make it to the places.

I thought by myself; 'F**k Off, I am travelling all the way down from Europe, saved a lot of money for this trip to see my band.. so I won't look to a video screen'. And in the end, with some connections I made through the past years, I ended up in Pit 1. That's what I called 'Stones family', I love you all.

Excellent, and that's one of the ways to make sh*tty Luck Dips work - have friends and connections strategically placed throughout the stadium. smileys with beer

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 7, 2019 23:57

While it's great to hear of people getting Pit tickets by ingratiating themselves with the Lucky Dip envelope people, it also kind of takes the "luck" out of the deal. Supposedly these are random envelopes handed out and if you get "lucky" you get the Pit or other great locations. But obviously at some venues the people handing out the tickets know exactly what's in the envelope and can pick and choose who gets the best tickets. I guess you are lucky if they pick you for whatever reason.

Also, it's great that people with crappy seats finagle their way into the Pit but not so great for people who have legit tickets and end up being packed in with people who don't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-07 23:58 by bleedingman.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 8, 2019 00:19

Hairball
RG

Excellent, and that's one of the ways to make sh*tty Luck Dips work - have friends and connections strategically placed throughout the stadium. smileys with beer

Email me regarding Santa Clara. Can't seem to locate your email.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 8, 2019 00:24

OK daspy - incoming....thumbs up

Date: August 8, 2019 00:29

HalfNanker

As for me, my wife and I drew (drumroll)...
Pit 2!

... and at the very end one guy forced his way to the front during Satisfaction, as the song ended and Charlie tossed his stick out, this guy apparently grabbed it out of someones hand and bolted, knocking a few over along the way. It was clearly a pre-planned move in his part...not cool!

CONGRATS on your Lucky Dip success!
And I would LOVE to know more about what this guy looked like...

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 8, 2019 03:44

Hello, quick favor to ask. I had LD Pit 1 tickets for Philadelphia. I was going to get it framed as it was my kids first show. Well after looking everywhere I have lost them. Could someone scan a LD Pit 1 ticket for the Philadelphia show & email it to onecelt70@yahoo.com. That way I can still make him a souvenir. Thanks

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: August 8, 2019 18:18

bleedingman
While it's great to hear of people getting Pit tickets by ingratiating themselves with the Lucky Dip envelope people, it also kind of takes the "luck" out of the deal. Supposedly these are random envelopes handed out and if you get "lucky" you get the Pit or other great locations. But obviously at some venues the people handing out the tickets know exactly what's in the envelope and can pick and choose who gets the best tickets. I guess you are lucky if they pick you for whatever reason.

Also, it's great that people with crappy seats finagle their way into the Pit but not so great for people who have legit tickets and end up being packed in with people who don't.

I've told my story and I've enjoyed reading other stories, but i cant really imagine that they allow any discretion in the LDS window. I had to hand over my ID; the girl at the window told another girl my name she looked it up on a print out; and then handed the first girl an envelope. I have to assume there was already an envelope that was destined for me.

i agree it'd be a shame if the better looking patrons, or the ones who have the best story or line get preference! Plus it'd allow for flat out corruption where the LD window workers could steer Pits to their friends in line. And NO ONE keeps quiet, so that info would leak and there'd be a lawyer out there who'd take up a class action against TM for breaking their "contract" on these LDs!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: August 8, 2019 18:47

Lately I've come to the conclusion the Lucky Dip drawing is fixed! Some people seem to pull Pit quite a few times, while others get the nosebleeds every time. I'm always happy for the people who score Pit. There was a couple next to me in Pit 2 at MetLife 1 who did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-08 18:53 by glmmr_twn.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 8, 2019 19:03

Pit 2 for CindyC! I screamed, I was so excited, and this time went right up and found myself a rail spot at the part of the stage where it breaks off to the side stage. In Boston, I only had a five inch view, this time, I was wasn't having it.

I was talking to a guy next to me. Georgia May came in with a couple of friends. He went up to her and came back a minute later. He asked me "that's Mick's daughter isn't it". I told him it was. She must have lied and said she wasn't GMJ, because the boob went right back up to her and asked for a photo. Take a hint, man. She was very nice and let him take the pic.

When he came back, he was all excited, and showed me the photo. I said "hey, that's great, but don't do that again, she didn't like it". He said "what do you mean, look at her face, she's smiling"!. I said, yeah, and then she turned around and made a face to her friends and left the Pit. Dumbass.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 8, 2019 19:13

glmmr_twn
Lately I've come to the conclusion the Lucky Dip drawing is fixed! Some people seem to pull Pit quite a few times, while others get the nosebleeds every time. I'm always happy for the people who score Pit. There was a couple next to me in Pit 2 at MetLife 1 who did.

well, I'm not sure that it's fixed. Might be to complicated (beside the usual advantage of good looking people prejudice. Although I'm not sure about that since I'm neither female, nor young, nor good looking and I scored pit quite often in 2017/18)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 9, 2019 00:42

Did a link for Miami LDs ever show up?

Date: August 9, 2019 05:31

bleedingman

Ingratiating? Is being pleasant ingratiating? I don’t think so. In any event, after checking my ID against a list, she then went through a stack of envelopes. I couldn’t see what was on the envelopes, but she kept looking back and forth between the list and the envelopes. I think there may have been an order number or code on the list that she had to match up with the envelope, but I really don’t know.

I am very happy when IORRers get pit with LDs because we are the fans who have spent the most $$$ over the years buying Stones tickets and we are the ones who appreciate the pit experience the most. I am disappointed when IORRers get nosebleed seats. But either way, being at the concert is what matters.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 9, 2019 11:31

CindyC
Pit 2 for CindyC! I screamed, I was so excited, and this time went right up and found myself a rail spot at the part of the stage where it breaks off to the side stage. In Boston, I only had a five inch view, this time, I was wasn't having it.

I was talking to a guy next to me. Georgia May came in with a couple of friends. He went up to her and came back a minute later. He asked me "that's Mick's daughter isn't it". I told him it was. She must have lied and said she wasn't GMJ, because the boob went right back up to her and asked for a photo. Take a hint, man. She was very nice and let him take the pic.

When he came back, he was all excited, and showed me the photo. I said "hey, that's great, but don't do that again, she didn't like it". He said "what do you mean, look at her face, she's smiling"!. I said, yeah, and then she turned around and made a face to her friends and left the Pit. Dumbass.

So it's such a big deal for her to take a photo with someone? Hah. I'm glad she was annoyed and left the pit. Keith's daughters are much cooler than Mick's.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 9, 2019 17:52

TornAndFried
CindyC

So it's such a big deal for her to take a photo with someone? Hah. I'm glad she was annoyed and left the pit. Keith's daughters are much cooler than Mick's.

Well, he did interupt her twice...She told him she wasn't GMJ, that's a pretty big hint that she does not want to be bothered. She seemed cool to me. She did not let the guy see that she was annoyed, i just happened to notice it. I think she left because she figured other people might now start asking for pics too, not just because of the 1 guy.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: TheMariner ()
Date: August 9, 2019 18:09

Hi everyone!
I am going to try my luck here....does anyone have 1 spare LD for any of the upcoming shows left (besides Arizona & Miami).

I am winging it to every show. Just arrived in Denver and trying to sort out the rest of the journey.

All my best and hopefully see y'all at one of the shows!

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 10, 2019 03:18

so much discussion of people getting pits...

but lets see some pictures from the WORST seats theyve given out so far...

going to Miami with LD's and I'm trying to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Date: August 10, 2019 22:06

Absolutely gorgeous night in Denver...
One woman working the Lucky Dip pickup window that opened at 5:30 (same time as the gates) checking picture ID’s and crossing names off a list.
Seemed very random tonight and A LOT of us drew Section 535.

Extremely high up, a Mile High and then some, around the 40 yard line. This place is HUGE. We all made the best of it and had a BLAST!
Everyone was super friendly and in complete awe of this band.

Beautiful panoramic sight lines with the mountains, tasty sunset, and a fireworks show off in the distance somewhere.
It’s truly amazing to see an entire football stadium packed to the heavens and rocking out to The Rolling Stones in 2019.

These tickets can be nerve-racking but there isn’t a better value in all of rock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-11 15:58 by Kurt.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2019 17:23

Kurt
Absolutely gorgeous night in Denver...
One woman working the Lucky Dip pickup window that opened at 5:30 (same time as the gates) checking picture ID’s and crossing names off a list.
Seemed very random tonight and A LOT of us drew Section 535.

Extremely high up, a Mile High and then some, around the 40 yard line. This place is HUGE. We all made the best of it and had a BLAST!
Everyone was super friendly and in complete awe of this band.

Beautiful panoramic sight lines with the mountains, tasty sunset, and a fireworks show off in the distance somewhere.
It’s truly amazing to see an entire football stadium packed to the heavens and rocking out to The Rolling Stones in 2019.

These tickets can be nerve-racking but there isn’t a better value in all of rock.

beautiful Kurt, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 11, 2019 17:53

MingSubu
Did a link for Miami LDs ever show up?

Read hockenheim95's post on page 16.

I'm afraid I haven't heard of anyone actually scoring Miami LDs after the postponement/rescheduling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-11 22:00 by Topi.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 11, 2019 18:38

Denver report-
lucky dip got section 536 row 21

was my hometown show and 8th time with lucky dips-for the record have not gotten pit in 8 tries.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 41 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home