Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 40 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 1, 2019 18:10

hockenheim95
Do you have to put in the wristbands at the will call window or can you do that later? Why do you even need them? Can't you enter the venue without them?

In my three instances, yes you can enter the venue without them. At Chicago and Philly they put the wristbands on me immediately, Jacksonville they let me walk off which I realized later so put it on myself thinking maybe I needed it -- Of course now that the ticket folks are reading this thread things will change to a full bodyscan patdown triple facial recognition ID needed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-01 18:14 by snoopy2.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 1, 2019 18:19

Do they ever release lucky dips the day of the show?

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: August 1, 2019 19:27

They did in New Orleans at the box office, but that was a slow selling show.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 1, 2019 19:41

mmarloe
They did in New Orleans at the box office, but that was a slow selling show.

So you just go to the box office and hope for the best?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: August 1, 2019 23:35

stub hub was down to mid 80s with fees earlier but have jumped back up over 90 now.

looks like im just going time show this time around.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 2, 2019 14:55

Pulled great seats last night!
Section 111 row 1. They were fantastic!

People in front of us got pits (after the pair in front of them didn’t want them) and the couple right behind us also drew pits. The seats we got looked over the pit and I was glad to be able to sit and watch from a great vantage point.

Most of the early people there when they first opened were pulling 300 level, but after the initial start rush the tickets seemed to get better. We got in the LD line about 6:30 and plan on repeating.. a repeat on the Tix we got last night would be more than fine by me cool smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 3, 2019 01:41

MisterDDDD

People in front of us got pits (after the pair in front of them didn’t want them) and the couple right behind us also drew pits. The seats we got looked over the pit and I was glad to be able to sit and watch from a great vantage point.

Most of the early people there when they first opened were pulling 300 level, but after the initial start rush the tickets seemed to get better. We got in the LD line about 6:30 and plan on repeating.. a repeat on the Tix we got last night would be more than fine by me cool smiley
Sounds great. Ticketmaster lists that section as "Limited View". Were you able to see everyone, including Charlie? Thanks.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: August 3, 2019 04:35

MisterDDDD

That was us! The 2 women in fron t of us were pissed that they got pit as there were no seats. By the time I realized it and tried to say I would switch with them they had already found someone who would take them . Go figure. SO I said to the ticket lady "Can you repeat that?" She just looked at me and got the tickets ready and handed them to me. She said that, " I should be good" with a wink. I looked at them and they were Pit 1. I smiled hugged the guard and said THANK YOU!!!! I sure was happy!

Date: August 3, 2019 06:23

ttutone
MisterDDDD

That was us! The 2 women in fron t of us were pissed that they got pit as there were no seats. By the time I realized it and tried to say I would switch with them they had already found someone who would take them . Go figure. SO I said to the ticket lady "Can you repeat that?" She just looked at me and got the tickets ready and handed them to me. She said that, " I should be good" with a wink. I looked at them and they were Pit 1. I smiled hugged the guard and said THANK YOU!!!! I sure was happy!

So funny..
I used the same MO to get the good seats and the ticket lady said the same thing. That we saw them help with a trade and then asked for the same really did help us i think. Congrats !!

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: August 5, 2019 01:58

I have LD’s. I bought a 2nd pair for the same show-using a different credit card- & my nephews Ticketmaster account. Does anyone have a similar situation? I hope no problems getting both sets. As an added bonus, my nephews TM account is under an alias!

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 03:45

Iguanamom
I have LD’s. I bought a 2nd pair for the same show-using a different credit card- & my nephews Ticketmaster account. Does anyone have a similar situation? I hope no problems getting both sets. As an added bonus, my nephews TM account is under an alias!

It shouldn't be a problem, as long as youe nephew comes with you to pick up the tickets.

My "group" is picking up 3 sets of LD's for Miami. Pair for myself and wife. Pair for my in-laws. Pair for friends. We're all picking them up together. Since I was the one who knew about LD, and did the purchasing for all of us, the arrangement is, my wife and I are keeping the pits/best seats out of the 3 sets. smiling smiley They can sit in the nosebleeds! (but maybe with some serious luck, we'll all get pits... yeah right!)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-05 03:51 by rlj1010.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: August 5, 2019 05:13

Thanks for the feedback . Congratulations on 3 for Miami; that didn’t seem to be an easy one for LDs!

Posted by: Spartan01 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 07:19

I was fortunate enough to purchase LD tickets for Foxboro, Jacksonville, and NYC1. Got wonderful side stage seats in the 100s at Foxboro (35th row). I helped my parents get LD tix for that show and we ended up near each other. It was one of the greatest nights of my life! The band was so amazing! I was so excited for my other 2 shows. Unfortunately they didn't go as well.

In Jacksonville we got 200 level side stage and ended up in a section where no one wanted to stand or was having any fun. We didn't waste a second arguing with people and kept moving behind others to not block their view. They continued to turn around and harass us the entire night. Especially during Monkey Man, the one song I wanted to hear most. Every other section I could see had people dancing and smiling.

At MetLife Stadium we got 300 level side stage row 21. You could barely tell what song the band was playing. I wanted to cry. After driving up and down the whole East Coast for these shows it was a tough to have a difficult experience on 2 of 3 nights.

I love the idea of LD tickets and would not have been able to afford the shows otherwise. People in front of and behind me got pit and 100 level seats each time, so I know there were plenty of good seats in the pile.

As someone that has been to hundreds of "big" concerts, I always tell people that a band big enough to fill a venue that large knows how to play a good show. Also the venue knows how to host people. Its the crowd thats variable. In Jacksonville the crowd was horrific.

In New Jersey they should not have sold tickets in our section (or anywhere in the 300 level). No one around could hear anything. We moved around to the corner on the far end of the stage and the sound was still shit. If you cleared your throat everyone turned around and looked. My laptop is louder.

I can't remember going to such a big show and not even being able to hear. For a band as big as The Stones in the year 2019, its actually unbelievable to me. I have been to several stadium shows including a few non-Stones shows this summer. I always sit in the top and the sound is always clear and loud.

I am slightly jaded by going to shows these days, and don't get as excited in the days leading up to the show. The NJ show was the opposite. I was giddy as a 16-year-old going to his first concert. I invited my long time best friend, figured I wouldn't get harassed like in Jacksonville, and blasted the Stones all week and my entire 2 day drive from South Carolina. We were in our seats an hour early. For the first two songs I thought it was a sound issue that would get better. I was wrong

We were in the parking lot so early we could hear the sound check. My friend and I both agreed that the sound in the parking lot (far from the stadium) was better than the sound in our seats. When we were walking the concourse looking for somewhere to move, the sound was no worse than in our seats. We also ran into 3 groups of people seated near us in the concourse that were desperately trying to find a way to hear the show. I joked with my friend that our experience was similar to seeing The Beatles at Shea Stadium. Except its 2019 now, not 1965. Honestly it was heartbreaking and shocking. Can you imagine being so excited to go to a show and then you can't even hear it?

My gripe is not with LD tickets. I love to idea. My issue is with the venue and whoever is doing sound for the band.

Posted by: Spartan01 ()
Date: August 5, 2019 08:43

I've been blessed to get affordable Lucky Dip tix the 5 times I have seen The Stones. I couldn't end the No Filter Tour on a rough note. So for the first time I bought "regular" tickets. I spent a pretty penny but got a pair in the 100 level for tomorrow. Time to go back to being that giddy teenager for one more day. Can't wait for the show! I am ready to rock! Gotta get some sleep!

Date: August 5, 2019 15:32

My concert date is finally here, as im heading to NJ tonight.

i have two NJ specific questions for anyone who LD's on Thursday...

1) did they have any qualms with people not wanting pit tix? In other words if you pull pit and don't want them, can you trade with someone who just pulled a different section? (long story, not for my LDs(!) but for someone else i know who has them).

2) I've seen people saying in other venues there is a LD "resolution" booth where you might be able to change/upgrade your tix. Do they have one in NJ and if so where is it??

Thanks in advance!!

Looking forward to tonight, I always avoid the set lists/reviews on a tour until i see my first show (much easier in the 80s/early 90s!), so this is truly an opening night for me.

Date: August 5, 2019 15:58

HalfNanker:
1) Yes. At the first show saw someone pull pits who did not want them and they were able to trade. Easy as there were several in front and behind clamoring to trade when they voiced their displeasure..

2) At Chicago 1 they had a “Lucky Dip Resolution ” desk clearly marked. That went away for Chicago 2 however. “Guest Services” is what you want to locate for assistance. Usually also easy to find and I have found very helpful cool smiley

Date: August 5, 2019 16:13

MisterDDDD
HalfNanker:
1) Yes. At the first show saw someone pull pits who did not want them and they were able to trade. Easy as there were several in front and behind clamoring to trade when they voiced their displeasure..

2) At Chicago 1 they had a “Lucky Dip Resolution ” desk clearly marked. That went away for Chicago 2 however. “Guest Services” is what you want to locate for assistance. Usually also easy to find and I have found very helpful cool smiley

thanks...very helpful to know trades are not "disallowed" by the powers that be. We have a slightly confusing situation with an extra guest, but that will help solve it if need be.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 5, 2019 16:15

people scoring pit tickets and not wanting them - did this ever happen in Europe (or the UK)? Or is it just another american absurdity

Date: August 5, 2019 16:48

slewan
people scoring pit tickets and not wanting them - did this ever happen in Europe (or the UK)? Or is it just another american absurdity

don't worry they are wanted and will be used if they appear tonight!

Date: August 5, 2019 17:36

@slewan, somepeople have disabilities and are not able to stand for extended periods of time

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 5, 2019 17:37

slewan

It’s not an absurdity. Some people cannot physically stand for that length of time. Some people are short and would see nothing in the pit. Of course, some people are lazy and sit the entire time. I hate it when I am in front of them and they scream at me to “sit down”. Telling people to sit down at a Stones concert is an absurdity.

Date: August 5, 2019 17:39

"Telling people to sit down at a Stones concert is an absurdity."

my biggest pet peeve for sure!!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: August 5, 2019 17:52

My craziest experience ever in that regard: Stuttgart in the Seventies, stadium show with lots of GIs in the audience. Stones played well and people were dancing everywhere.
Some songs into the show the German crowd on the field shouted: Hinsetzen, Hinsetzen (sit down) exactly When the band had started into You gotta Move.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 5, 2019 21:27

slewan

Not a continental issue...

Long-time fans are not always able to stand on their feet for the entire show like the younger fans.

Can't endure the younger drunken fans pushing and shoving.

Long-time, older fans & disabled fans, others... want to be able to sit down.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 5, 2019 21:59

schillid
slewan

Not a continental issue...

Long-time fans are not always able to stand on their feet for the entire show like the younger fans.

Can't endure the younger drunken fans pushing and shoving.

Long-time, older fans & disabled fans, others... want to be able to sit down.

well, right. But I never witnessed nor read report on it that people didn't want their pit tickets

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 6, 2019 00:29

slewan

My wife (who is English by the way) had reconstructive surgery on a shattered ankle some years ago, and prefers not to endure long periods of standing in place.
She can jog, run, walk, dance, skip-to-my-lou, jumping jacks, and everything else just fine, but long periods in a stationary stance can be a bother.
That's the reason I'm always on the lookout for lower/mid level side seats when I bring her to shows as was the case in Chicago #2 and the upcoming Pasadena show.
Not sure what would happen if we got Pit w/Lucky Dips, but based on her ankle issue would probably want to switch them out to seats however absurd that might sound.
I do have Lucky Dips for Santa Clara and Glendale (going without her), and am hoping for Pit for one or the other (or both), or anything that's not nosebleed or limited side view.
If dealt nosebleeds or limited views, I'll deal with it when the time comes....I've been known to maniuever my way to greener pastures.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 6, 2019 03:00

A data point for tonight...My daughter is using Lucky Dips I purchased for NJ2 and drew Pit 1.

Hopefully I have the same luck for my LDs in Pasadena...if not, I’ll be kicking myself for not making the trip.

(As others here have mentioned, Ticketmaster customer service had no problem with adding her as an authorized user to pick up the tickets.)

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 6, 2019 03:18

Pulled sec 139, row 3. Great seats!

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: August 6, 2019 04:01

Are LD holders receiving pre-show instructions from TM about where specifically in the stadium area to line up for LD distribution? I have 3 sets of LD, starting with Denver on Saturday.

Date: August 6, 2019 05:04

Yes. An email from TM a day or two before the event.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 40 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home