Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 20:19

shattered
This maybe mentioned years ago, but take a look at the color and the number of bands on other peoples wrists. My friend did and we found out we were in the wrong section for dip tickets.

What is the right section for dip tickets? They are spread all over the location

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 18, 2019 20:32

Monday night was our first experience with the dips for the floor. The ushers said go this way and that and we ended up in the General Admission until the bands didn't match others. We actually had seats. Our row was almost empty so either the seats didn't sell, people didn't show up, or they were in the wrong section.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 22:50

Have one extra LD for tomorrow (Jacksonville), forgot who I was speaking to on here about it? FYI I drive in tomorrow afternoon and I think my hotel is about 7 miles away, so won't be showing up until closer to showtime if that is an issue

$43 cash is exactly half (I won't make change tho smiling smiley

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 20, 2019 12:40

How are the Dipper's doing so far....Love the stories!

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 20, 2019 17:35

No empirical data but in Chicago 1 there were a lot of dippers in Pit 1 and not very many at all last night in Pit 2. Most interesting bc Chicago sold much better than Jax which had pit tix available until close to show time.

Date: July 20, 2019 19:04

Got Club section 135 last night, wow.. Your own bathrooms, bar/snacks, and separate shirt/swag stand. Short lines. Padded seats. Tables to chill at pre-show.. And quick exit via pvt escalator

If I'm not getting pit I'll gladly take club level every time

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-20 19:05 by snoopy2.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:07

snoopy2
Got Club section 135 last night, wow.. Your own bathrooms, bar/snacks, and separate shirt/swag stand. Short lines. Padded seats. Tables to chill at pre-show.. And quick exit via pvt escalator

Wow that's so cool!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:38

WelshEdge1
snoopy2

Wow that's so cool!

Did he mean private elevator as opposed to escalator?

Posted by: happyAustin ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:43

Lucky Dips, I've heard about these for a long time and read where others had the chance to score them.
Well, My Daughter and I had "Lucky Dips" for the New Orleans show...WOW!!
Section D on the Floor!!! We were So Blown Away...OMG!!
I have seen every Official Rolling Stones US Tour since 1975 Plus one in Paris 2017 and in London 2018...New Orleans was Most Definitely A Gift from Above!!
We have Regular seating for Houston, TX (7/27) and Denver, CO (8/10).
A Very "Happy" Rolling Stones Fan in Austin, TX.
Billy D.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 20, 2019 20:04

happyAustin
Lucky Dips, I've heard about these for a long time and read where others had the chance to score them.
I have seen every Official Rolling Stones US Tour since 1975 Plus one in Paris 2017 and in London 2018...New Orleans was Most Definitely A Gift from Above!!
Billy D.

Congrats!!

Great to hear success stories..
I'm LD'ing four more shows this tour.. floor seats would be fantastic!!

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 23:42

Curious ? Approx how many lucky dips tickets were opened for each show? Was there a certain cap the Stones we’re aiming for?

Also I would assume it means what’s left at the day of the concert?

Ps :I’m going to Seattle’s show and have LDs

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2019 23:48

MisterDDDD
happyAustin
Billy D.

Congrats!!

Great to hear success stories..
I'm LD'ing four more shows this tour.. floor seats would be fantastic!!

Good luck! I’ve LD’d 12 of my last 15 shows and will do nothing else from now on winking smiley

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: July 21, 2019 01:14

MysteryTour84
Curious ? Approx how many lucky dips tickets were opened for each show? Was there a certain cap the Stones we’re aiming for?

Also I would assume it means what’s left at the day of the concert?

Ps :I’m going to Seattle’s show and have LDs

They were crossing out names on a list, I think was 2-3 pages, 50-100?

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: July 21, 2019 07:25

Has there ever been any LD tickets available for Houston? Driving down from Dallas and hoping to score 2. If not ticketmaster or Stubhub it will be.(ugh)

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: July 21, 2019 09:46

Thanks!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 21, 2019 19:40

snoopy2

Same here but on the opposite side of the stadium sec. 109 and we easliy moved down to 09.
Great view, no lines for bathroom, bar or merchandise and plenty of room to dance!

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: July 21, 2019 21:04

Is there a link for Denver?

Date: July 22, 2019 05:04

spikenyc
snoopy2

Same here but on the opposite side of the stadium sec. 109 and we easliy moved down to 09.
Great view, no lines for bathroom, bar or merchandise and plenty of room to dance!

Glad it worked out for you, felt bad that I got to stadium so late but I'd driven that afternoon and sounds like you all got tickets! I ended up selling my extra (for what I paid) to a guy I thought needed a ticket but who turned right around and sold it to someone else who told me she paid him double! Wish I had intercepted, would've just given it to her .. FYI they weren't checking wrist bands this time, they let me just walk off with my extra and the woman who ended up with it had no band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-22 05:06 by snoopy2.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 22, 2019 06:32

Hey Snoopy2, yes we were able to get an extra LD for my buddy. Thanks anyway.
His was also in the Club section but on the opposite side. We all ended up in 109 together since we all had Club access.
As far as the LD wristbands, yeah I dont understand the point of those?
I know its suppose to stop people from scalping their LD's but it was not required when they scanned my ticket at the entrance.
No one asked to see it all night.
I would have preferred PIT tix, but it was pretty sweet being in the club section.

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: July 22, 2019 19:57

For the first time, my lucky dips got me in the Pit (1) in Jacksonville.

I finally got smart, and my wife went up to the box office window with my ID.
She's far more attractive, charming and likable than me, and this worked in our favor. The box office person flipped through the envelopes and pulled out the Pits. I don't believe this was totally random.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 22, 2019 20:19

It can depend on who is working the ticket office.Last year on more than one occasion the woman at the ticket office asked what type of tickets we wanted and she obliged.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 23, 2019 02:07

I’m not in any doubt at all that the supposed randomness of Lucky Dips is regularly interfered with and manipulated. On 2 occasions it happened before my eyes - once in my favour and once against.

The time in my favour I was in the company of a family of 4 who bought 4 Dips for London 2 last year before sales in pairs were enforced. They pulled 2 GAs and 2 GCs and I got a shitty nosebleed. The staff asked if we were all together, told us to wait took our tickets back and handed us 5 GCs.

The time against, in Cardiff, the LD staff member actively chose a shitty ticket to piss me off. W@nk3r!

The younger and/or better looking you are, especially if female, your chance of scoring good Dips is significantly higher. I took my sister to Coventry and we got Pits - my 1st in the No Filter era.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2019 02:30

The younger and/or better looking you are, especially if female, your chance of scoring good Dips is significantly higher

Ahhhhhh so that's why Eleonor has never made it into The Pit …..

ROCKMAN

Date: July 23, 2019 02:34

Rockman
The younger and/or better looking you are, especially if female, your chance of scoring good Dips is significantly higher

Ahhhhhh so that's why Eleonor has never made it into The Pit …..

It’s not a hard and fast rule but it’s definitely a trend. That’s all.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 23, 2019 06:23

you're in the queue...
captcha...is that a bus
captcha...how many bikes
captcha...crosswalks now
your spot in the queue is no longer valid...
click here to rejoin queue...
repeat.

whats that definition of insanity, again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 06:25 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 23, 2019 11:38

Rockman

I'm neither young nor good looking nor female but got pit tickets with LD quite often in Europe in 2017/18

Self Upgrading Lousy LDs
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: July 20, 2019 18:44

I'm always hoping for great LDs, but sometimes you get nosebleeds. There's always plenty of extra space in the back of the floor GA.

Does anyone have any advice for self upgrading into the GA area?

Thanks!

Re: Self Upgrading Lousy LDs
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2019 18:53

vibrolux
I'm always hoping for great LDs, but sometimes you get nosebleeds. There's always plenty of extra space in the back of the floor GA.

Does anyone have any advice for self upgrading into the GA area?

Thanks!

ahhh....spend more money?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2019 19:25

Self upgrading tickets as in self tuning guitars? yeah I'm down with that

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: July 20, 2019 20:06

Nikkei
Self upgrading tickets as in self tuning guitars? yeah I'm down with that

I guess I'll have to try one of those self tuning guitars. Seems to good to be true.

As for self upgrades, I had amazing luck in Las Vegas, but that was an arena, not a football stadium.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home