Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 8, 2019 21:20

"That list of people at concerts"
1. Aggressive Drunks (the worst)
2. People pushing in.
3. Ceaseless Selfie Takers
4. Loud tone deaf singers along.
5. I didn’t see him, but at Hyde Park in 2013, someone on here said there was a bloke in the crowd playing his harmonica along to every song before security threw him out.
6. At the Who in Hyde Park in 2015, some chap in front of us tried to video a whole song with a 10” iPad complete with cover hanging down, blocking the view of 40+ people until my friend gently dealt with him.
7. People holding up signs, flags and banners, blocking the view of others.
8. Scream talkers constant nonstop blather
9. Monster size guy with tiny girlfriend on his shoulders
10. Shirtless dude asking everyone if they got a pipe or papers.
11. Bros (aka Frat bros, Frat boys) usually come in packs of four, pushing each other fighting around, constant high fives, drunk, blahing to every one around.
12. Crazy wide area spin dancing person with no awareness that anyone else is there as they widen their dance area bumping into people.
13. f&f (friends and family) of the band or promoter - see above for behavior
14. Sick person vomitting possibly starting the vomit train chain reaction
15. a very rude gentleman who is at least 6'5" tall standing on his chair directly in front of a very pleasant fellow who is only 5'6" tall.
16. the person behind me who can't understand that people want to stand up and dance, and spends the whole show hissing Sit DOWN! - until they want to stand up, of course.
17. People who throw things at concerts, be thar food, drink (original or “reprocessed”)
18. People who stink... eeeewwwww dat smell... cant ya smell that smell? Make sure you wear deodorant.
19. People who bring babies or toddlers to concerts!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2019 21:59

Xam
2. People pushing in.
5. I didn’t see him, but at Hyde Park in 2013, someone on here said there was a bloke in the crowd playing his harmonica along to every song before security threw him out.
6. At the Who in Hyde Park in 2015, some chap in front of us tried to video a whole song with a 10” iPad complete with cover hanging down, blocking the view of 40+ people until my friend gently dealt with him.
11. Bros (aka Frat bros, Frat boys) usually come in packs of four, pushing each other fighting around, constant high fives, drunk, blahing to every one around.
12. Crazy wide area spin dancing person with no awareness that anyone else is there as they widen their dance area bumping into people.
15. a very rude gentleman who is at least 6'5" tall standing on his chair directly in front of a very pleasant fellow who is only 5'6" tall.
16. the person behind me who can't understand that people want to stand up and dance, and spends the whole show hissing Sit DOWN! - until they want to stand up, of course.
17. People who throw things at concerts, be thar food, drink (original or “reprocessed”)
18. People who stink... eeeewwwww dat smell... cant ya smell that smell? Make sure you wear deodorant.

Have to admit, No. 5 is great, and I still giggle about it.hot smiley

Posted by: SJM2019 ()
Date: July 9, 2019 20:25

Does anyone have any idea about Lucky Dips for Denver?
Looking at the ticket map there seems to be plenty of seats left but I've not seen any Lucky Dips on offer. I missed the original sale so I'm hoping for a miracle

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: July 9, 2019 20:39

My Lucky Dip experience (Foxboro):

We pleaded with the woman at the window to give us good seats, she said don't worry you will have good seats. We got section 113, which is the first section lower bowl. We were excited until we got to ours seats and we had a view of the side stage, could not actually see the band. So my friend went to customer service window inside the stadium and the woman said just move around, no problem, pick any seat you want, in that section there are 150 open seats. We decided to look for a seat in the next section over. There was hardly any security, we sat at a row that was empty, had great isle seats and had perfect view of stage and screens. Awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-09 20:40 by Mr. Jimi.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 9, 2019 20:48

Xam
2. People pushing in.
#20 would be the drunk fat dude that pinches your nipple at the rail
21. person standing next to you claiming the pick that Keith precisely put into your hot little hand was really meant for her.

geez suddenly I don't want to go anymore

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 9, 2019 22:39

Mr. Jimi
My Lucky Dip experience (Foxboro):

We pleaded with the woman at the window to give us good seats, she said don't worry you will have good seats. We got section 113, which is the first section lower bowl. We were excited until we got to ours seats and we had a view of the side stage, could not actually see the band. So my friend went to customer service window inside the stadium and the woman said just move around, no problem, pick any seat you want, in that section there are 150 open seats. We decided to look for a seat in the next section over. There was hardly any security, we sat at a row that was empty, had great isle seats and had perfect view of stage and screens. Awesome.
Congrats! smileys with beer and thanks for the review. I think that describes the perfect LD experience. Seriously. Getting into the show at 1994 prices and winding in up seats with a fine view sounds great. On the zipper tour LDs 4 times we came up nose bleeds... 4 times we self upgraded... 4 times I was very happy.

This show is built for a stadium. It looks good and sounds good at a distance.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:06

Is the LD transfer thing truly dependent on who you speak with at TM? Myself and someone else have both been told exactly opposite stories by TM via their chat:

"Yes you can assign an alternate name to your LDs"
and
"No you cannot"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:41

snoopy2
Is the LD transfer thing truly dependent on who you speak with at TM? Myself and someone else have both been told exactly opposite stories by TM via their chat:

and
"No you cannot"

I think it does depend on who you get there, at least it did for me. The first time I called I was told by the agent that I could only transfer to a family member. But then I was able to do it in a live chat on my laptop.
When you call, just don't mention "transfer", they'll tell you that is not possible. Tell them you can't attend the event so you want to give the tickets to a friend. Also, make sure you ask for the "advanced will call option" at the beginning, so they know to add the other person's name under yours.
When I got to the will call window in DC, I had a hard copy of the other person's CC (last four digits only), plus a copy of the receipt for his tickets. I was nervous about it, but it wasn't a problem at all.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:48

latebloomer
snoopy2

and
"No you cannot"

I think it does depend on who you get there, at least it did for me. The first time I called I was told by the agent that I could only transfer to a family member. But then I was able to do it in a live chat on my laptop.
When you call, just don't mention "transfer", they'll tell you that is not possible. Tell them you can't attend the event so you want to give the tickets to a friend. Also, make sure you ask for the "advanced will call option" at the beginning, so they know to add the other person's name under yours.
When I got to the will call window in DC, I had a hard copy of the other person's CC (last four digits only), plus a copy of the receipt for his tickets. I was nervous about it, but it wasn't a problem at all.

Thx!! They didn't ask for ID?
yeah, I mentioned transfer on the chat, my mistake. And I cannot call their call center (they said something about my phone # being Alaskan prefix, but calling from Central time zone.. Doesn't make sense but I have not been able to get through on phone for almost two months now despite them "sending it up the chain to address this issue!" lol)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 00:50 by snoopy2.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 10, 2019 00:58

snoopy2
latebloomer
snoopy2

and
"No you cannot"

Thx!! They didn't ask for ID?
yeah, I mentioned transfer on the chat, my mistake. And I cannot call their call center (they said something about my phone # being Alaskan prefix, but calling from Central time zone.. Doesn't make sense but I have not been able to get through on phone for almost two months now despite them "sending it up the chain to address this issue!" lol)

Yes, the person buying them from you will need their ID.
I told them I had LD tickets and needed the advanced will call option as an unforeseen family matter had come up and I now could not attend, so I wanted to give the tickets to a friend.
Try the live chat, you might have better luck. If it's for the New Orleans show, you will might have a tougher time as it was added as a separate show after the reschedule. Last resort, you could see if you can return them. If so, then call back later when you can coordinate a time with the person you are giving them to so that they can be online to grab them when they are released.
Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-10 01:06 by latebloomer.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 11, 2019 18:20

whats up with New Orleans...just checked stub hub for the heck of it and there are tons of tix on sale for < 40 bucks?!

ill be there next month...too bad my dates didnt line up!

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: July 11, 2019 18:50

HalfNanker
whats up with New Orleans...just checked stub hub for the heck of it and there are tons of tix on sale for < 40 bucks?!

ill be there next month...too bad my dates didnt line up!

Check out the NOLA thread. Very bad weather, and concert most likely to be cancelled/postponed.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: July 12, 2019 06:42

In Canada we showed up at a little tent called "box office" and when they discovered we had Lucky Dip ($50), they fanned out pairs of tickets like a deck of cards for a magic trick and said "pick a pair." Instead of general admission we got in the Diamond seats, face value $549. Much better than being stuck standing on the field. Great show too. Terrible security, food and bathroom lines though.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:07

doster
In Canada we showed up at a little tent called "box office" and when they discovered we had Lucky Dip ($50), they fanned out pairs of tickets like a deck of cards for a magic trick and said "pick a pair." Instead of general admission we got in the Diamond seats, face value $549.

that's the way it ought to be!

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: July 12, 2019 13:23

doster
In Canada we showed up at a little tent called "box office" and when they discovered we had Lucky Dip ($50), they fanned out pairs of tickets like a deck of cards for a magic trick and said "pick a pair." Instead of general admission we got in the Diamond seats, face value $549. Much better than being stuck standing on the field. Great show too. Terrible security, food and bathroom lines though.

I could basically pick wherever I wanted. The first time I did "Pick any card" from the fanned out tickets. When I got to my seats I realized the pair we had were seperate seat numbers in the diamond seating. I went back to that tent and asked if she could get me closer to the stage and seats together. We ended up Ronnie's side with the closest seats possible to the stage. Face on these were $849/per.

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: July 14, 2019 23:26

Lucky Dips are back for the NOLA show.

[www1.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: doster ()
Date: July 15, 2019 05:43

I wish I would have thought of that, because our pair were not next to each other either. Great show!

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 15, 2019 23:19

I'm about to refund my Jacksonville Lucky Dips, in case anyone is looking for them. I believe they filter back into the system within 5 minutes.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: July 16, 2019 02:55

Pit 2.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: July 16, 2019 02:59

13th row side stage. Not pit but not bad!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 16, 2019 20:58

latebloomer
CindyC
Most people I know got section 110 or 111 which were actually really great seats. Yours truly ended up in Pit 1! It was awesome!

Great news, CindyC!
got 111 at gilette too, but ended up in pit 2smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: July 16, 2019 22:27

have any of these venues released additional LD tix to TM as the show date approaches?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 16, 2019 22:58

HalfNanker
have any of these venues released additional LD tix to TM as the show date approaches?

Only NOLA so far. I’d be surprised if there are any others. People have very occasionally been grabbing Lucky Dips that have been put back into the system after the original buyer sought a refund. But it’s very rare.

Date: July 16, 2019 23:23

grzegorz67
HalfNanker

Only NOLA so far. I’d be surprised if there are any others. People have very occasionally been grabbing Lucky Dips that have been put back into the system after the original buyer sought a refund. But it’s very rare.

Yep, I've been reloading like crazy! i got lucky once, i am hoping for one more! I figure this might truly be the last time for me and want to bring one of my kids my last show(?) and his first.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2019 00:09

tumbled
Xam
2. People pushing in.
#20 would be the drunk fat dude that pinches your nipple at the rail
21. person standing next to you claiming the pick that Keith precisely put into your hot little hand was really meant for her.

geez suddenly I don't want to go anymore

Might be a shorter list, to list types of people we like that go to shows.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 17, 2019 03:25

Any idea what time you can pick up the Lucky Dip tickets in Philadelphia. Also what time do the band go on. Thanks

Date: July 17, 2019 15:19

anyone have any luck via last minute stub hub tix? how low have the prices been dropping? in the afternoon of the Foxboro show, tix had fallen < $100. wasnt able to check in as show time approached, though.

Posted by: SJM2019 ()
Date: July 17, 2019 19:57

Will anyone be returning their LDs for Denver?

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: July 18, 2019 01:47

NOLA lucky dip section 143. Very good sound and view of stage. We were thrilled!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 18, 2019 20:08

This maybe mentioned years ago, but take a look at the color and the number of bands on other peoples wrists. My friend did and we found out we were in the wrong section for dip tickets.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home