Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: July 4, 2019 19:32

Chris Fountain
What if I'm at the counter and tell the cashier that I want to upgrade - Is that possible?
I’ve heard of people saying certain things to get an upgrade. Usually things like they get vertigo being up so high or something to that extent.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 4, 2019 23:57

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-05 15:29 by Xam.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 5, 2019 00:12

Chris Fountain
What if I'm at the counter and tell the cashier that I want to upgrade - Is that possible?

I upgraded in Dublin, but ot at the cashier, but after entering the stadium with help of Stewart at customer service. Did not get pit, but very god seats instead of the nosebleeds I drew. I would say, always worth a try winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 5, 2019 00:29

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-05 00:47 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 5, 2019 15:02

I'm simply going to show my ID, which will reveal my birthday as same day and simply ask in a professional tone "Good Afternoon Please let me ask, are upgrades available at this window?

I think a crazy pretentious story is not the correct approach. If not possible I'll shuck out a few extra bucks because I want side seats around the 40 yard line. I should be able to have a pretty good view. (Miami).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 5, 2019 19:37

"side seats around the 40 yard line..." - prime location - lower, middle, and upper. thumbs up

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 5, 2019 23:00

Hairball
"side seats around the 40 yard line..." - prime location - lower, middle, and upper. thumbs up
Funny, I was just thinking that...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 5, 2019 23:31

thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 5, 2019 23:33

Chris Fountain
I'm simply going to show my ID, which will reveal my birthday as same day and simply ask in a professional tone "Good Afternoon Please let me ask, are upgrades available at this window?

If not possible I'll shuck out a few extra bucks because I want side seats around the 40 yard line. I should be able to have a pretty good view. (Miami).

With all due respect Chris, you will need to shuck out more than a few extra bucks...
considering the cost of your LD ticket, be prepared to spend 5-10X extra at the minimum. Miami is the last show of the tour and demand will be huge.

You’re lucky to have the LD as it is...all the best to you.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 5, 2019 23:35

Xam
latebloomer
Pit 2 for four of us!
Please write a Pit 2 report/review/tale smoking smiley I would like to read what you thought how it all went... but mainly CONGRATS ON PIT! That is fantastic! And it is exactly like making/saving/earning/keeping $1800.00! Sweet!

Gotta love these guys for doing the Lucky Dips. Such a great idea! It adds a(nother) fun layer of excitement.

Thanks, Xam! It was an amazing experience, I can see why fans say once you're in the Pit, you never want to go back. HOWEVER, it wasn't all roses, but that's only because I went in completely unprepared. To start with, we got to the stadium very late, mainly because we had to swing by Dulles airport first to pick up one of my son's friends and the flight was delayed. By the time we started the drive to FedEx, the roads were packed. I won't bore everyone with the details except to say that now that I've experienced the horrendous traffic, you couldn't pay me to go back to FedEx Field for ANY event! That, combined with the heat, had me stressed and dyhydrated as we hoofed it to the will call Lucky Dip window. But I do think getting there late was maybe an advantage as there was no line so the agent behind the window wasn't rushing us through the line. I explained that we had sets of LD tickets and since it was my son's 21st birthday, we were hoping for good luck. He smiled and pulled out one set of Pit 2 tickets and, after signing for those, he pulled out a 2nd Pit 2 set for my son's buddies. He definitely was looking for them, which surprised me because from what I've seen posted I had the impression that it was a random process. Having a good story (which he saw was true when he looked at my son's ID) definitely helped. smiling smiley
We missed the opening act and had only about 15 minutes to spare before the Stones hit the stage so by the time we got into the pit it was packed, except for the back. We still managed to squeeze part way in, people were cool about making room for us. At that point, I was drenched in sweat and very thirsty, but didn't dare leave. I've seen some advice to not drink for an hour or so before getting to the Pit but for a stadium tour in the dead of summer, it's better to be hydrated than worry about having to use the bathroom during the show. I was a bit shaky and was starting to feel nauseous by the end of the show so I stepped back before the encore to buy some water and ended up watching the end at the back of the pit, which was fine.
As far as a review of the show, I think that's been well covered in the DC thread. The band was truly on fire and to be able to see it all up close brought me to tears a few times. Our position in the Pit was good enough to see most everything well, except Chuck Leavell, the B Stage for the acoustic set, and Ronnie or Mick at times when they went to the far left or right of the stage. But you can, of course, always look up at the screens.
All in all, despite feeling like crap all day yesterday from heat exhuastion, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The boys couldn't stop thanking me for the awesome upgrade. Less than $200 spent for $2000 dollars worth of tickets. Lucky, indeed!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 01:51 by latebloomer.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 5, 2019 23:55

So glad for you latebloomer that the overall experience for you was great to have been in the Pit at a Rolling Stones gig.
I've been FOS or very good seats back in the older days of 2003 at MSG in NY, Dublin, Wembley Arena ,Twickenham and a few more…………………...but never been in the Pit.
Never had nosebleed seats when I went for LD, but that would definitely make me go for an upgrade.
Enjoy the rest of The Tour from afar on IORR, as I am...…………...or live at another USA gig if you are able to make that. smileys with beer

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 6, 2019 00:13

Hairball

Legs on lower midsection in middle section my middle and head and back on upper level!!! Thanks!!!

This is turning out great!!!!!! Thanks to all!!!

Date: July 6, 2019 02:24

latebloomer
Xam
latebloomer
Pit 2 for four of us!
Please write a Pit 2 report/review/tale smoking smiley I would like to read what you thought how it all went... but mainly CONGRATS ON PIT! That is fantastic! And it is exactly like making/saving/earning/keeping $1800.00! Sweet!

Gotta love these guys for doing the Lucky Dips. Such a great idea! It adds a(nother) fun layer of excitement.

Thanks, Xam! It was an amazing experience, I can see why fans say once you're in the Pit, you never want to go back. HOWEVER, it wasn't all roses, but that's only because I went in completely unprepared. To start with, we got to the stadium very late, mainly because we had to swing by Dulles airport first to pick up one of my son's friends and the flight was delayed. By the time we started the drive to FedEx, the roads were packed. I won't bore everyone with the details except to say that now that I've experienced the horrendous traffic, you couldn't pay me to go back to FedEx Field for ANY event! That, combined with the heat, had me stressed and dyhydrated as we hoofed it to the will call Lucky Dip window. But I do think getting there late was maybe an advantage as there was no line so the agent behind the window wasn't rushing us through the line. I explained that we had sets of LD tickets and since it was my son's 21st birthday, we were hoping for good luck. He smiled and pulled out one set of Pit 2 tickets and, after signing for those, he pulled out a 2nd Pit 2 set for my son's buddies. He definitely was looking for them, which surprised me because from what I've seen posted I had the impression that it was a random process. Having a good story (which he saw was true when he looked at my son's ID) definitely helped. smiling smiley
We missed the opening act and had only about 15 minutes to spare before the Stones hit the stage so by the time we got into the pit it was packed, except for the back. We still managed to squeeze part way in, people were cool about making room for us. At that point, I was drenched in sweat and very thirsty, but didn't dare leave. I've seen some advice to not drink for an hour or so before getting to the Pit but for a stadium tour in the dead of summer, it's better to be hydrated than worry about having to use the bathroom during the show. I was a bit shaky and was starting to feel nauseous by the end of the show so I stepped back before the encore to buy some water and ended up watching the end at the back of the pit, which was fine.
As far as a review of the show, I think that's been well covered in the DC thread. The band was truly on fire and to be able to see it all up close brought me to tears a few times. Our position in the Pit was good enough to see most everything well, except Chuck Leavell, the B Stage for the acoustic set, and Ronnie or Mick at times when they went to the far left or right of the stage. But you can, of course, always look up at the screens.
All in all, despite feeling like crap all day yesterday from heat exhuastion, I would do it again in a heartbeat. The boys couldn't stop thanking me for the awesome upgrade. Less than $200 spent for $2000 dollars worth of tickets. Lucky, indeed!
drinking smiley smileys with beer hot smiley

Thanks LB! Those are the facts... that is exactly what I hoping you would share with us. I was very curious and hoped you would provide the key details of how it all went down.

In my humble opinion (and with no BS) I think you are the one of the Worlds Best Moms! I am being 100% serious saying that. I have read your posts for a long time and one can see that you put in a lot of effort to be who you are and how well you have taken care of your kids. It seems you have raised some great kids who appreciate what their Mom has done for them Props to you! (From what I have seen you share on music side of things, as you keep most other things private, perfectly). (Please take all that as the compliments I intend)

And props to you for dealing with the hassles of getting there and taking care of business... (Grrrrrrr Delayed Flights!!!) I bet you were cool as can be under the stress of the circumstance. I admire your efforts. e.g. impressed with you being smart to avoid drinking early before... and then being smarter to drink some water later. Maintain is the name of the game.

I appreciate you sharing your perspective. I knew you could help us with a great info about how it went. Great info! Thank You! And congrats again! You are awesome! smileys with beer

I am headed to more shows and it is nice to get quality info from good people like you.
e.g. good reminders like get in to town the day BEFORE a show!.. and moresmoking smiley

STONES!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 02:30 by Xam.

Date: July 6, 2019 04:52

Xam
latebloomer
Xam
latebloomer
Pit 2 for four of us!

drinking smiley smileys with beer hot smiley

Thanks LB! Those are the facts... that is exactly what I hoping you would share with us. I was very curious and hoped you would provide the key details of how it all went down.

In my humble opinion (and with no BS) I think you are the one of the Worlds Best Moms! I am being 100% serious saying that. I have read your posts for a long time and one can see that you put in a lot of effort to be who you are and how well you have taken care of your kids. It seems you have raised some great kids who appreciate what their Mom has done for them Props to you! (From what I have seen you share on music side of things, as you keep most other things private, perfectly). (Please take all that as the compliments I intend)

And props to you for dealing with the hassles of getting there and taking care of business... (Grrrrrrr Delayed Flights!!!) I bet you were cool as can be under the stress of the circumstance. I admire your efforts. e.g. impressed with you being smart to avoid drinking early before... and then being smarter to drink some water later. Maintain is the name of the game.

I appreciate you sharing your perspective. I knew you could help us with a great info about how it went. Great info! Thank You! And congrats again! You are awesome! smileys with beer

I am headed to more shows and it is nice to get quality info from good people like you.
e.g. good reminders like get in to town the day BEFORE a show!.. and moresmoking smiley

STONES!!!

Very kind words Xam, thank you. But I'm more accurately a "good enough" mom, though I will take credit for educating my children about the best band in the land.
It was great to be able to include the guys, but next time, I plan to travel footloose and fancy-free. Phew! grinning smiley

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 6, 2019 05:31

Thanks for the info, bloomers. I think I’ll do the balcony for the stadium and be in comfort. grinning smiley
Congrats, tho, on great tickets for $200! I don’t have LD’s, but I wanted to know what you thought of the pit in a stadium, so thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-06 05:38 by Straycat13.

Date: July 6, 2019 05:48

Straycat13
Thanks for the info, bloomers. I think I’ll do the balcony for the stadium and be in comfort. grinning smiley
Congrats, tho, on great tickets for $200! I don’t have LD’s, but I wanted to know what you thought of the pit in a stadium, so thanks for sharing.

Glad to be of service, Straycat13. If they continue to perform at the level they did in DC, I don't think you can go wrong with a seat anywhere in the stadium.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 6, 2019 20:03

There are plenty of tickets available right now on ticketmaster. Some sections that were $394.00 are now $194.00. Sections that were $244.00 are now $144.00
And sections that were $144.00 are now $94.00.
So there should be some real nice tickets to go into the Lucky dip pile.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 02:45

My friend's there tonight. He's in Section 113, left on to the stage but won't see Charlie. The people in front got pit. I've suggested he attempts a self upgrade later.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2019 05:58

latebloomer
Straycat13

Glad to be of service, Straycat13. If they continue to perform at the level they did in DC, I don't think you can go wrong with a seat anywhere in the stadium.

Hi latebloomer: Tell us about Foxboro if you made it there.smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2019 06:04

virgil
There are plenty of tickets available right now on ticketmaster. Some sections that were $394.00 are now $194.00. Sections that were $244.00 are now $144.00
And sections that were $144.00 are now $94.00.
So there should be some real nice tickets to go into the Lucky dip pile.

Thanks for that update. GREAT to know they will dump prices like that.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:24

I am a little late to the party . I went to the D.C show . I was third on line for LD tickets . The person in front of me got PIT tickets while I got section 101 row 15. No complaints . They were really good seats. Not Pit but really good. When I told the people behind me how much I paid their jaws hit the floor. It surprised me how many people never heard of the LD tickets. D.C had the tickets already pre selected in an envelope so you didn't get to pick one. I tried to bribe the ticket person (I wrapped some twenty's around my drivers license ) but they figured I had good enough seats so he wasn't biting. Not sure how the other venues are handling LD but that was my experience. For $29 bucks it was a steal .

Date: July 8, 2019 17:54

headly123
I am a little late to the party . I went to the D.C show . I was third on line for LD tickets . The person in front of me got PIT tickets while I got section 101 row 15. No complaints . They were really good seats. Not Pit but really good. When I told the people behind me how much I paid their jaws hit the floor. It surprised me how many people never heard of the LD tickets. D.C had the tickets already pre selected in an envelope so you didn't get to pick one. I tried to bribe the ticket person (I wrapped some twenty's around my drivers license ) but they figured I had good enough seats so he wasn't biting. Not sure how the other venues are handling LD but that was my experience. For $29 bucks it was a steal .

Interesting because the ticket agent we had was clearly pulling out Pit tickets for us.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 8, 2019 17:59

Maybe I showed up to early. Should have waited. I did notice there seemed to be plenty of space on Ronnie's side of the Pit.

Date: July 8, 2019 18:00

shattered
latebloomer
Straycat13

Sadly, I did not. I was a little sad last night, but I got a great show in DC in a great location, so no complaints.smiling smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:20

latebloomer
shattered
latebloomer
Straycat13

Sadly, I did not. I was a little sad last night, but I got a great show in DC in a great location, so no complaints.smiling smiley

Good morning: I just lost a Houston show and a little sad too. "I don't think you can go wrong with a seat anywhere in the stadium" is the best review ever! Thanks for writing back.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:26

Most people I know got section 110 or 111 which were actually really great seats. Yours truly ended up in Pit 1! It was awesome!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: July 8, 2019 18:37

did any new LDs drop in the days before the Foxboro show?

Date: July 8, 2019 18:41

headly123
Maybe I showed up to early. Should have waited. I did notice there seemed to be plenty of space on Ronnie's side of the Pit.

Yeah, I do think that can be an advantage. There was hardly anyone left in the line, I'm sure the agents assumed that we were one of the last LD ticket holders to arrive. The couple next to us had been upgraded from floor seats, said they were just handed the tickets while in their seats.

Date: July 8, 2019 18:42

CindyC
Most people I know got section 110 or 111 which were actually really great seats. Yours truly ended up in Pit 1! It was awesome!

Great news, CindyC!

Date: July 8, 2019 21:19

grzegorz67
Xam
Green Lady
Xam
virgil
shattered
grzegorz67
Xam
grzegorz67
Xam
I remember back in the day... yadda yadda yadda...

You could make up a whole identikit list of annoying concert going types.

1. Aggressive Drunks (the worst)
2. People pushing in.
3. Ceaseless Selfie Takers
4. Loud tone deaf singers along.
5. I didn’t see him, but at Hyde Park in 2013, someone on here said there was a bloke in the crowd playing his harmonica along to every song before security threw him out.
6. At the Who in Hyde Park in 2015, some chap in front of us tried to video a whole song with a 10” iPad complete with cover hanging down, blocking the view of 40+ people until my friend gently dealt with him.
7. People holding up signs, flags and banners, blocking the view of others.
8. Scream talkers constant nonstop blather
9. Monster size guy with tiny girlfriend on his shoulders
10. Shirtless dude asking everyone if they got a pipe or papers.
11. Bros (aka Frat bros, Frat boys) usually come in packs of four, pushing each other fighting around, constant high fives, drunk, blahing to every one around.
12. Crazy wide area spin dancing person with no awareness that anyone else is there as they widen their dance area bumping into people.
13. f&f (friends and family) of the band or promoter - see above for behavior
14. Sick person vomitting possibly starting the vomit train chain reaction
15. a very rude gentleman who is at least 6'5" tall standing on his chair directly in front of a very pleasant fellow who is only 5'6" tall.
16. the person behind me who can't understand that people want to stand up and dance, and spends the whole show hissing Sit DOWN! - until they want to stand up, of course.
17. People who throw things at concerts, be thar food, drink (original or “reprocessed”)
18. People who stink... eeeewwwww dat smell... cant ya smell that smell? Make sure you wear deodorant.
19. People who bring babies or toddlers to concerts!

grinning smiley. How could I forget those delightful 7. Thinking about it, the idiots I encountered in Edinburgh fell into Group 11. I’m a Scot myself and these 3 muppets supported the same football(soccer) team as me, singing their songs. This did not stop me reporting them to security, who duly did zero. Thankfully they moved away.

I’m generally happy with my 12 Lucky Dip results with a thankfully low level of moronic behavior. The only really poor one was Prague with a distant GA in a horrible hot dusty environment with me having hay fever.

I must admit, I've done at least three of these, but No. 5 is a gem.

How about: 15. a very rude gentleman who is at least 6'5" tall standing on his chair directly in front of a very pleasant fellow who is only 5'6" tall. Just a little annoying.
With both arms up, fingers interlaced, elbows out, holding the back of his head? looking like a radar tower? yeah that dude is pretty freekin annoying and a very common concert character.... #15 added...

grinning smiley

In the seated sections, No. 16 is the person behind me who can't understand that people want to stand up and dance, and spends the whole show hissing Sit DOWN! - until they want to stand up, of course.
I Humbly say... Damn right! F that person too. It is a rock concert and when the legs start moving on their own what is one supposed to do? Of course there are times and then there are times, but if a bunch of people at a show are up and dancing that is a damned good indicator PEOPLE CAN DANCE and if some fuddyduddy cant/wont/dontwanna then TOUGH!... CUZ... LETS DANCE! GL's #16

No 17 has to be people who throw things at concerts, be thar food, drink (original or “reprocessed”).

One lady was holding a sleeping baby (I kid you not). At least she made sure the kid had earphones on. Be prepared for a few crazies and make sure you where deodorant.

Added!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home