Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 1, 2019 04:46

Thanks for the report, Torontoluke.
Glad you had a good time, sounds like perhaps a lot of GA for the LD's there.
There's worse tickets given the ability to get there early and get a good spot!

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 06:34

It seems Lucky Dip handling is somewhat at the venue's discretion. Chicago 2, show ID, not the credit card, tickets were already in envelopes, and the attendant seemed to know she was giving me Pit tickets. Burls Creek was a stack of upside down paired tickets that the attendant fanned out and let you choose a pair. Going back a leg or two, Columbus had a separate Dip entrance and names were already on the ticket envelopes. So I don't think there is much of a strategy, other than scope out what's happening, say a small prayer to the pit ticket gods, and approach the line when you're feeling lucky! May you all get what you need!

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 19:44

Me too

Lucky Dip Tix Situation...
Posted by: Radiance423 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 19:16

Hi everyone!
I’m new here. Would love your insight.

I bought two tix for Jacksonville. They aren’t great seats. But not terrible either.
Shortly after I bought those I heard about the Lucky Dip tix.
So, as cheap as they were, I thought...”why not”.

We obviously want to keep whatever seats are the best.
And apparently we don’t find out what the Lucky Dips are until we pick them up at the venue.

My question is...is there time or opportunity to try and sell (or giveaway at this point) the pair of tickets that we don’t want/need??
We will be stuck with an extra pair.

We could just sell the tickets we have and take our chances with the Lucky Dips, but if those are nosebleeds I’ll regret doing that.

Any tips, pointers, suggestions??

Re: Lucky Dip Tix Situation...
Date: July 1, 2019 19:37

A little tricky to sell or give them away as they put wristbands on the party that picks them up as well as
"pre-scanning" the LD's in an effort to prevent reselling.

If the LD's end up being the BETTER of the pairs, then you don't have to go straight in and will have time to sell or find someone for the others you purchased.

If the LD's end up being the WORSE of the pairs, it's a little complicated, but if all four of you are present, you could choose who gets the LD wristbands and tix on the spot. They may insist you be one of the LD wristband wearers though (which I doubt), in which case you could sort out the tix once inside and retain your original seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 19:39 by MisterDDDD.

Date: July 1, 2019 20:31

Lucky Dip bracelets detach easily if you do so from the side facing your wrist rather than facing out.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: July 1, 2019 22:01

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 07:59 by Xam.

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: July 2, 2019 22:41

It will depend on the venue.

Best case scenario is your Dips are better than your purchased seats. In Chicago, the pick up was outside a few hundred feet from the entrance gate around the corner. You did not need to enter the venue immediately so there would be ample opportunity to sell the extras.

Having said this, they did put the LD wristband on at the Dip counter, meaning you'd have to be pretty handy at slipping it off and taking the gamble to get rid of the Dips at that point.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2019 23:10

My sister bought "lucky dips" for the Rose Bowl then, thinking that she would prefer to sit in good seats, bought decent seats close to the stage. What can she do with the lucky dips? I assume that she can't return them. Can she call ticketmaster or the venue and have the name on the Lucky Dips changed? Will it be easier if they are transferred to her brother (i.e., ME)?

Date: July 2, 2019 23:30

drbryant
My sister bought "lucky dips" for the Rose Bowl then, thinking that she would prefer to sit in good seats, bought decent seats close to the stage. What can she do with the lucky dips? I assume that she can't return them. Can she call ticketmaster or the venue and have the name on the Lucky Dips changed? Will it be easier if they are transferred to her brother (i.e., ME)?
Somewhere back in this thread is detailed advice on how to contact them and have the LDs switched, I think someone after postponement was able to to do that.

Date: July 2, 2019 23:32

drbryant

Can probably do it by having them changed (you'll have to have c card info etc)
Or.. assuming she bought then pre-postponement, they can still be returned because of the date change.
I believe.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: July 3, 2019 00:12

Hey has anyone received the AEG PRESENTS email for tomorrow’s show, that explains what ticket window and gate to go to in order to retrieve the lucky dips?

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: July 3, 2019 03:30

Greeting Stones Fan!

You purchased Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones show July 3 at FedEx Field. Here’s what you need to know:

As part of the general on sale, a limited number of Lucky Dip tickets were sold at a special low price. The ticket locations are throughout the venue, including Side View, Upper Level and the No Filter Pit. You and your guest will find out your seat/location when you pick up your tickets the night of the show.

We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.

We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:
• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from Gate E Box Office located at the North-East corner of the venue. Upon receiving the tickets you and your guest must immediately enter the stadium.
• Box Office pick up time starts at 5:30pm.
• Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.

JDSAM1994
Hey has anyone received the AEG PRESENTS email for tomorrow’s show, that explains what ticket window and gate to go to in order to retrieve the lucky dips?

Date: July 3, 2019 03:40

ttutone
Greeting Stones Fan!

You purchased Lucky Dip tickets for The Rolling Stones show July 3 at FedEx Field. Here’s what you need to know:

As part of the general on sale, a limited number of Lucky Dip tickets were sold at a special low price. The ticket locations are throughout the venue, including Side View, Upper Level and the No Filter Pit. You and your guest will find out your seat/location when you pick up your tickets the night of the show.

We will be using strict anti-scalper measures to ensure these tickets go to Stones fans and don’t end up on the resale market with wildly inflated prices.

We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:
• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from Gate E Box Office located at the North-East corner of the venue. Upon receiving the tickets you and your guest must immediately enter the stadium.
• Box Office pick up time starts at 5:30pm.
• Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.

JDSAM1994

Thank you!!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 3, 2019 03:49

Xam
drbryant
Somewhere back in this thread is detailed advice on how to contact them and have the LDs switched, I think someone after postponement was able to to do that.

Pre-postponement you can return for refund (if the refund button does not appear on the page start a live chat and request it, it worked for me this way) .. If you purchased after the postponement I was told by TM just last night that "No" you cannot transfer or refund. so you'd have to meet someone at stadium and try to work it out with the ticketcounter there.. or keep trying TM and see if you can get someone who's about to quit their job give you whatever you want smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 03:50 by snoopy2.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 3, 2019 17:07

Thanks for the responses.

Date: July 3, 2019 19:53

I have an extra lucky dip for tonight 7/3
Just 1 ticket
Call text 630-827-9911

Date: July 3, 2019 22:47

JDSAM1994
Just 1 ticket
Call text 630-827-9911
if no one else will say it, I will... thumbs up You are a great person! even if I can not take this opportunity.

I wish wish wish I was there... I would buy that ticket... for double. Still a bargain. I would be happy on my next shows to also pay for a persons ticket who lucky dipped me. 88bucks (or whatever is a bargain, even for nose bleeds)

If no one here calls, you might still slow approach the box office, surely someone there will be hovering hoping to solo LD, they might not be so happy and generous as I to pay double, but at least you can make them happy and get your money out of them without having to email email 6 times email to try to get your money back... and you dont waste a LD ticket.

I tried solo hovering/asking/asking/asking with no luck in Chicago, but I tried for a couple of hours before capitulating and paying up at the box office for a full price ticket.

Again... YOU ARE AWESOME TO POST THIS SO CLEARLY AND KINDLY!!smileys with beer

Have a great show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-03 22:51 by Xam.

Date: July 4, 2019 00:09

JDSAM1994
Just 1 ticket
Call text 630-827-9911

Agree with Xam.
Good on ya'.. May the LD's shine a light on you.. cool smiley

Posted by: WealthAndTaste ()
Date: July 4, 2019 02:26

DC Lucky Dip - they hand you an envelope with tickets and wristbands. Scan at any entrance. Got excellent low side stage at back of pit. Very pleased.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 4, 2019 02:34

Pit 1

Date: July 4, 2019 03:04

MingSubu
Pit 1
thumbs up Congrats!!
Solo again or did you find a fellow fan to share?? cool smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 4, 2019 06:46

I was able to bring someone with me.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 4, 2019 08:41

Pit 2 for four of us!

Date: July 4, 2019 09:26

latebloomer
Pit 2 for four of us!
Please write a Pit 2 report/review/tale smoking smiley I would like to read what you thought how it all went... but mainly CONGRATS ON PIT! That is fantastic! And it is exactly like making/saving/earning/keeping $1800.00! Sweet!

Gotta love these guys for doing the Lucky Dips. Such a great idea! It adds a(nother) fun layer of excitement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 09:28 by Xam.

Date: July 4, 2019 09:35

139 for me, lowers corner opposite beside the stage. I'd like to thank the band for offering the lucky dip - all three times I've lucked out to a seat better than 'in the door' and once for the pit. I'm sadly 'no longer on tour' now, but wouldn't have been able to go to all three if they weren't dips, so for that opportunity I'm extremely grateful. Best of luck to the rest of you for the remainder of the tour!

Posted by: WealthAndTaste ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:26

Found the lowers interesting - the two next to mine ($375 face) went unsold and we had (paid) VIP in front of us. I assume they put these in Lucky Dip because they didn’t want a visible row of empties that close. Happy with them as was ambivalent about dealing with the pit last night and the view was great for a stadium.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:35

Xam
latebloomer
Pit 2 for four of us!
Please write a Pit 2 report/review/tale smoking smiley I would like to read what you thought how it all went... but mainly CONGRATS ON PIT! That is fantastic! And it is exactly like making/saving/earning/keeping $1800.00! Sweet!

Gotta love these guys for doing the Lucky Dips. Such a great idea! It adds a(nother) fun layer of excitement.

I agree. I rarely do anything else nowadays. I've seen 17 No Filter shows, lucky dipping 12 of them. I don't know of any other live acts who do Lucky Dips or similar. Happy with all results except 1 and that was more to do with the venue and weather. I like the excitement of opening the envelope to see what's inside. I won't pay gazillions to see them or anyone else. I work to a £150/$200 price ceiling.

Not many respondents thus far but it's sounding like Washington was a fruitful show for dippers. The poorest selling show seems to be Glendale so I expect rich pickings there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-04 16:49 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:50

What if I'm at the counter and tell the cashier that I want to upgrade - Is that possible?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 4, 2019 16:55

Chris Fountain
What if I'm at the counter and tell the cashier that I want to upgrade - Is that possible?

Not usually but I heard of people successfully asking for different dips in Cardiff last year, succeeding and getting pits. Depends on venue policy and how well it's sold.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home