Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: RG ()
Date: June 27, 2019 16:49

Stoneage
I don't get this: Can you sneak into the pit section without having a pit ticket? How does that work?

I did that in Stuttgart last year smiling smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:01

Haha thanks for your answers. The thing is, why not try to get an update for the LD tix if there is a possibility? I mean, I'll come over from Germany but I don't think they'll accept that as a reason to upgrade grinning smiley

I got pretty lucky with these tix the last times, scoring the Pit 6/7 times on the No Filter tour so I would be fine with a seat, but I'm going with a girl who's never seen the Stones before so I'll give it a try.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:14

RG
Stoneage
I don't get this: Can you sneak into the pit section without having a pit ticket? How does that work?

I had pit 1 for both chicago shows. Friday you could have sneaked into a Pit because it was the first show and everyone was clueless with all the wristbands. Not even a possibility for Tuesdays show. I was told by an exec at Soldier that the Stones camp fixed all the issues with Pit, LD and Floor wristbands, the Stones camp was not happy about what happened at Fridays show. On friday i walked into the floor GA, past the seats on the left and up to Pit 1 where no one checked my actual ticket and i got the Pit wristband at the Pit. Tuesday you got your special Pit wristband at a special entry for Pits when you entered the venue and you could only enter the Pit from one section next to the Pit on the left for Pit 1, not from any other way. It was blocked off and mega strict. Love how they fixed all the issues. Rock on stoners, see ya in NOLA, Rose Bowl and Miami. The boys are are Fire. That Play with Fire was spooky....

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:29

Does anyone have a pic of the pit wrist band? I am curious as to how they were different from the others. Thanks!!

1985jayer
RG
Stoneage

I had pit 1 for both chicago shows. Friday you could have sneaked into a Pit because it was the first show and everyone was clueless with all the wristbands. Not even a possibility for Tuesdays show. I was told by an exec at Soldier that the Stones camp fixed all the issues with Pit, LD and Floor wristbands, the Stones camp was not happy about what happened at Fridays show. On friday i walked into the floor GA, past the seats on the left and up to Pit 1 where no one checked my actual ticket and i got the Pit wristband at the Pit. Tuesday you got your special Pit wristband at a special entry for Pits when you entered the venue and you could only enter the Pit from one section next to the Pit on the left for Pit 1, not from any other way. It was blocked off and mega strict. Love how they fixed all the issues. Rock on stoners, see ya in NOLA, Rose Bowl and Miami. The boys are are Fire. That Play with Fire was spooky....

Date: June 27, 2019 17:38

Oh yeah I'm curous how the pit wristband looks too.
Last year some people got into some more shows with one PIT wristband.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: June 27, 2019 17:58

The general admission wristbands in the back of the field were green, reserved were blue and I believe the pit had two wristbands both green and blue. Our Lucky Dips were white with gold spots. We just walked into the reserved section and did not leave. When the show started it looked to be very difficult to get to the reserved sections from the back of the field.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 27, 2019 18:12

And Why not? Sounds good to me.

The Pits are twice as big and they can't sell the $1500 VIP Pit tickets. And besides, why would anyone spend that much money only to have to wait in line day of show 8:30 am or earlier so they can scratch and claw their way to the Pit with the rest of the people who bought tickets at cost!

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: June 27, 2019 18:16

glmmr_twn

The Pits are twice as big and they can't sell the $1500 VIP Pit tickets. And besides, why would anyone spend that much money only to have to wait in line day of show 8:30 am or earlier so they can scratch and claw their way to the Pit with the rest of the people who bought tickets at cost!

i got to the pits around 820pm each night, no rush, no worry about getting on the rail. nice and easy, great site lines and lots of room to dance and shake. met tons of cool people also from all over the world in Pit 1 each night. have fun peeps, cheers

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 18:27

glmmr_twn

I think there may have been some sort of vip pit deal. We were seated behind the section of seats just behind the PIT and I noticed that people in those seats were against the catwalk rail but they wouldn't allow those of us seated near B stage to go against the rail.. The guy next to me told me they were allowing a select group of people against that rail who had paid for the meet & great.. Anyone know more about this?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 27, 2019 18:35

New Jersey 1
[www1.ticketmaster.com]
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/the-rolling-stones-2019-no-filter-tour/event/
000055739E6F17DD
?did=rscomluckydip

New Jersey 2
[www1.ticketmaster.com]
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/
0000557BE3544EA0
?did=rscomluckydip#efeat6916

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 21:53 by schillid.

Posted by: Djuro ()
Date: June 27, 2019 18:43

Did anyone get reserved seat section B,C,F,D,G with their lucky dips?

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 27, 2019 20:34

glmmr_twn

Based on my personal experience The PIT1 on Friday was packed liked sardines, lots of BS, lots of talkers, selfie takers, people who acted like they were in a bar scream talking not paying attention to the show. To avoid them one had to move further and further to the left where eventually the Pit was more a balcony ticket than a front of show ticket. Not to mention the crap blocking the view (like the camera crane), plus on Friday the band members did not come over to the left side much at all. Keef never came over to say Hi.

If one gets to pit early, runs up front, grabs the rail and stays there the whole time one may have a good view. Or maybe if one is the type to rudely push people out of the way one can get there 35 minutes before the Stones come on and move up close. But by 8:20 the pit was packed.

I talked with several people up there who said they had (somehow) just been handed the special wrist band and others who had smiled and said they had snuck up there. I dont know if it was over-sold, but it was packed. I do not begrudge anyone for getting into the pit anyway they can if "the security setup" allows that (or "other methods" allow that). I dont blame the fans for going for it. I would have tried, if I had not paid $500.00... and I would not even post about the pit situation if I had only paid 50 bucks.

Based on videos it seemed the same situation Tuesday, just as packed.

Packed front to back and from center rail all the way to the left. It seems like the ticket count should limited to the number of people who could be placed there if there were chairs. That way when everyone most people push up, there will be a nice amount of space towards the back to move around a bit... not be packed like sardines. I saw a lot of video/pictures of past shows where the pit looked like that, but the Pit was not great for me. It was no way worth $500 to me to be in the pit.

The show itself was great, but my view of the show was not front of stage, it was far left. It was a pain in theshow dealing with the Pit.

I am not sure where/what is the best ticket to this show is. I would like to watch the show and be close... and I dont mind paying... so maybe side balcony? I dont know. I will (hopefully) have 2 more chances but as of right now I do not know where I will be. I wish I could float around on a hover board, 15 feet above the pits and move side to side... Id pay $1000 for that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 20:54 by Xam.

Date: June 27, 2019 20:36

Djuro
Every report here from people say it was either 1)side of stage lower balcony, 2)side of stage upper balcony or 3)pit.

Posted by: bluediamond ()
Date: June 27, 2019 20:52

Does anyone have the link to the Gillette Lucky Dip? Would like to see if it’s possible to score some.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:18

Stonesfan2146

The pit were large paper wristbands like the generic lucky dip ones. The floor wristbands were the plastic colored standard kind. The pit wristbands were white the first night then colored green the second night so it was impossible to use the same one to get into the next show.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:19

Xam
Djuro
Every report here from people say it was either 1)side of stage lower balcony, 2)side of stage upper balcony or 3)pit.

I pulled the second variety for both shows.
I spent both shows in the third..cool smiley

As an aside, when I went to guest services, and successfully received an upgrade, it wasn't just because they were nosebleeds. It was because they were nosebleeds that had "limited view" stamped on them.
If my request was denied, no problem accepting my fate. But when the guy kept flipping through his large stack to satisfy my request for "anything with no stairs would be great.. even GA", and handed me the ticket, I thought.. well it was going to go to somebody or unused, why not me??..
Definitely doesn't hurt to ask as that's the reason he was sitting on so many tickets imo.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2019 22:32

Well done MisterDDDD. thumbs up
You done exactly what I would have done if I wasn't happy with my LD tix.
Like you said...…….that stack of tix were all going to somebody or unused so why not you.
Great to hear news like that from a fan. smileys with beer

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:20

I got a refund thru Ticketmaster for my extra unused chi 1 LD ticket. I was only allowed to take one ticket since i was by myself. After thinking about it and with allnof the service charges that i have paid thru the years, i asked for a refund for one ticket. After explaining and 6 back n forth emails, i was refunded 45.xx dollars.

I probably sabotaged my 3 remainong setsnof LDs. ????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-27 23:22 by MingSubu.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:28

MingSubu

I highly doubt that it affects your other LDs

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 28, 2019 00:31

bluediamond
Does anyone have the link to the Gillette Lucky Dip? Would like to see if it’s possible to score some.

go to page 22 of this thread

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:10

So, with a little luck or boldness you can score a pit ticket for less than 50 box while the guy standing next to you had to pull out $500.
I guess it's not wise to start a conversation about prices while you're in the pit then..

Date: June 28, 2019 01:11

MingSubu
I got a refund thru Ticketmaster for my extra unused chi 1 LD ticket. I was only allowed to take one ticket since i was by myself. After thinking about it and with allnof the service charges that i have paid thru the years, i asked for a refund for one ticket. After explaining and 6 back n forth emails, i was refunded 45.xx dollars.

Why wouldn't/didn't you post here asking if any singles wanted a lucky dip?

I hung around that lucky dip line for a couple of hours looking/hoping/asking for a single.

Date: June 28, 2019 01:15

I did.

Date: June 28, 2019 01:17

MingSubu
I did.
You posted here on lucky dips saying that?

edit-
Oh I see it... over on the tickets for sale threads... I missed that.

Oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-28 01:21 by Xam.

Date: June 28, 2019 01:21

Made a thread in the All Sold Out section. Where BV wanted us to post trades, extras, etc.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:39

MingSubu
Made a thread in the All Sold Out section. Where BV wanted us to post trades, extras, etc.

Ming, check email.

Date: June 28, 2019 05:23

latebloomer
MingSubu

Ming, check email.

Replied

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-28 05:24 by MingSubu.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 28, 2019 09:43

Stonesfan2146

in 2017/18 the wristband had different color for each show and the name of the city and the date on them. But since there were only five or six different colors some wristbands could be reused. For example London and Stuttgart had the same color…

Date: June 28, 2019 11:56

slewan
Stonesfan2146

in 2017/18 the wristband had different color for each show and the name of the city and the date on them. But since there were only five or six different colors some wristbands could be reused. For example London and Stuttgart had the same color…

Yeah I know I got like 6 of them grinning smiley will definetely will bring the 2018s for the Philly show, in 2017 they looked different

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: June 28, 2019 17:40

snoopy2
glmmr_twn

I think there may have been some sort of vip pit deal. We were seated behind the section of seats just behind the PIT and I noticed that people in those seats were against the catwalk rail but they wouldn't allow those of us seated near B stage to go against the rail.. The guy next to me told me they were allowing a select group of people against that rail who had paid for the meet & great.. Anyone know more about this?

Those people had the Friends and Family badge which you CAN'T BUY. You have to be a Friend or Family of the Band. Hence the name. Friends and Family don't have a reserved spot at the rail. They will be in the Pit before gates open, because they were there earlier in the day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-28 17:43 by glmmr_twn.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home