Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: June 25, 2019 19:06

Unfortunately another fan inquired and got 1st. Sorry

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: June 25, 2019 19:51

Seems to me it's better to just randomly go pick them up than spend too much time thinking about it. It's all a roll of the dice.

I got good seats with LD's in Stockholm on the 14 On Fire tour, and in Pittsburgh on the Zip Code tour. Not pit, but both good seats just off the floor. I'll be getting a pair for the Seattle show on August 14.

I do find the tales of people "upgrading" once inside pretty funny, though.

I guess each venues handling of the LDs will vary, as will their ticket checking inside. Some venues, like Chicago, will get a 2nd chance to deal with it, but for most of the shows, it will be a once-only deal for their staff, who probably get caught up in being at a Stones show too.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 25, 2019 22:31

Similar to you Javadave with my LD's for Oslo and Zurich May 2014. thumbs up
Good seats just off the floor and great view of the stage.

I don't think things will be all that different from Chicago 1 in picking up tix etc. and if you still get wristbands that could be a bonus.
If the tix aren't that great I would make my way to the Pit entrance or good seats entrance with the wristband on and try to blag yer way in.
They are not gonna throw you out of the stadium, and at least I could say ......'I tried'. smileys with beer

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 25, 2019 23:16

Kurt
Thoughts on Lucky Dip...

Last night seemed very random and most people picking up tickets from 4:15-4:45 seemed to be getting the same Side Stage Limited View tickets that we got.
I only saw one Lucky Dipper get visibly excited, jumping up and down, assuming he pulled PIT.

We were given wristbands for some unknown reason. Basically it just gave us hope for an upgrade later ??? Not sure because we never actually needed them.
They look cool, though. Free souvenir of the adventure.

We were directed into a gate with “Lucky Dip Resolution” signs on the doors. Again, no clue as to why because nothing happened for us besides being waved into the stadium.
I did ask a friendly woman for assistance and she directed us to our ticketed section.

It was initially a disappointment when they were not “PIT” tickets, sure.
But last night the sound was CRYSTAL CLEAR and I could hear every single instrument...the guitars were UP HIGH and LOUD in the mix from our vantage point. Truly a spectacular spot for listening.

Also, we had people trying to sneak into our section, and our row, and our seats at one point. We had a nice couple come up and tell us that they were so jealous of our seats since theirs were so far away from the stage. It’s all relative folks, especially in an enormous stadium.

Plus I am positive that Mick was waving at me...it had to be me winking smiley
The only real negative being that we couldn’t see Charlie. The single big screen and the catwalk songs helped to ease that pain.

Bottom line is this:
These Lucky Dip tickets are a gift from the heavens.
If you’ve got one, hold them tight and enjoy the ride.
I’ve personally got Denver and Miami to try again and I cannot wait.

I paid $45.57 for OPENING NIGHT, including fees, to see my favorite band of all time in 2019.

As a point of reference, I paid $55.00 to park my car in the Soldier Field prepaid Waldron lot.

Thank you and God Bless The Rolling Stones.

We are so very fortunate.

That’s a great report. Anyway, I paid a lot for my pit ticket and U couldn’t see Charlie either.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 26, 2019 00:55

Thanks DrByrant!

Just ran into Kris...
Forgot to tell him that I took this pic of them the other night:

Good luck all!!!

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: June 26, 2019 01:26

440 row 21. She let us select an envelope as she flipped through the box.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 26, 2019 02:38

I got 440 for tonight also. Row 15.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 03:12

Got Pit 2! Granted we were also assigned 13th floor of the hotel and signed up for a donation to Special Olympics and gave a vet my last dollar. Karma points!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 03:14

God, I'm so frustrated. We pulled LD, sect,ion 342. On a lark, we decided to try for the Pit. We walked past security to the field, then went past security for the reserved section. We were there, but stupid me tried going thru the Pit security and that's where our luck ran out. If only I would have stopped at reserved. We are back in Section 342. Still good, but I am so frustrated!

Posted by: roamermark ()
Date: June 26, 2019 03:31

Keith side pits for my son and I!!! She let me pick the envelope which was a lot of pressure. People in front of me got Ronnie side pits.

Have a great show everyone!!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 03:56

Sockers56
God, I'm so frustrated. We pulled LD, sect,ion 342. On a lark, we decided to try for the Pit. We walked past security to the field, then went past security for the reserved section. We were there, but stupid me tried going thru the Pit security and that's where our luck ran out. If only I would have stopped at reserved. We are back in Section 342. Still good, but I am so frustrated!

Never mind. While the pit’s the best, that doesn’t make it perfect. There are loads of fans and monitors on stage plus a huge camera crane on Ronnie’s side swivelling around. There’s also arty bargy and pushing in. 342’s decent apart from not seeing Charlie apart from the B Stage set. But overall fine. And the big bonus is that the sound is excellent there.

So far, sAme pattern emerging as Friday’s show : 342 or 440, both of which are restricted view with the very occasional Pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 03:59 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: June 26, 2019 13:49

Taking an 8 year old with me to Philly & I have LD tickets. If I get the Pit is it crazy to go in there with a kid? or is there any other sections I should try & get. I work across the road from the stadium so I can check out the LD situation early.

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:51

At Bruce Springsteen, no problem. At the Stones in a Stadium pit bigger problem. I'd go for the stands.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:51

Donnebr
Taking an 8 year old with me to Philly & I have LD tickets. If I get the Pit is it crazy to go in there with a kid? or is there any other sections I should try & get. I work across the road from the stadium so I can check out the LD situation early.

yes its crazy to take an 8yo to the pit...if you end up with pit tix, call me, i'll come take them off your hands!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 15:52 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:54

HalfNanker
Donnebr

yes its crazy to take an 8yo to the pit...if you end up with pit tix, call me, i'll come take them off your hands!

I've seen kids younger than 8 in the pit before. Daft idea. Side seats are best.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: June 26, 2019 15:58

Donnebr

The pits are very wide on this tour and there is a fair amount of space towards the sides. You'll be fine, but you won't be very central.

If you can get a space along the back fence of the pit, there are little 'platforms' that an 8 year old could potentially stand on to get a better view (no dancing though!).

syrel

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2019 16:00

I don't get this: Can you sneak into the pit section without having a pit ticket? How does that work?

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: June 26, 2019 16:49

Got to the will call window at 7:30. There seemed to be very few left on the list. We ended up getting PIT 2 and 440 row 6. Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to getting better tickets based on when you pick them up.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 26, 2019 21:56

440 row 18...then we went to the resolution desk and were the last two before they shut it down. After some haggling, we wound up with 117. Quite a jump and thanks to the poster(s) who mentioned the resolution desk from Friday.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 26, 2019 22:04

I am so sorry, but I still don't understand how to find the lucky dip tickets. I am reconsidering trying to go to the New Orleans show, and I don't see anything about Lucky Dip on the Stones website or Ticketmaster. Again, I apologize for my ignorance.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: June 26, 2019 22:07

Thanks for the response's to my question. If I get a Pit it will be hard to hand back. Any ticket is a plus.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 26, 2019 22:17

jahisnotdead
I am so sorry, but I still don't understand how to find the lucky dip tickets. I am reconsidering trying to go to the New Orleans show, and I don't see anything about Lucky Dip on the Stones website or Ticketmaster. Again, I apologize for my ignorance.
Although some pop up later, these tickets are only easily available the day all tickets go onsale. They sell out pretty fast. I have been looking and looking recently and there are few (none for me) to found... although some people have been claiming to see some pop up. They say early Monday morning is a good time to try due to maybe some returns over the weekend.

And if you might go to New Orleans.... just go without tickets, it will work out when you get there. The Super dome is monstrous (will probably not sell out). Just now looking there are a ton of tickets still available.

I would go to this show but it is slightly too far for me.... damn it.

The Stones have always been good about holding back tickets so the demand eases up come day of the show. e.g. I bought my Chicago1 ticket three hours before showtime.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-26 22:23 by Xam.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: June 27, 2019 03:48

Rialb
440 row 21. She let us select an envelope as she flipped through the box.

We walked right onto the field and sat on seats in section M. Everyone had blue wristbands but ours were white. When the show started we stood right behind Section E. We never made it to 440. Great show!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 11:40

roryg
440 row 18...then we went to the resolution desk and were the last two before they shut it down. After some haggling, we wound up with 117. Quite a jump and thanks to the poster(s) who mentioned the resolution desk from Friday.

What do you need to say at the resolution desk to get an upgrade? Like "I want better tickets"? How did you do it?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 27, 2019 14:03

Stonesfan2146
roryg

What do you need to say at the resolution desk to get an upgrade? Like "I want better tickets"? How did you do it?

you might try either: Claim that your seat has obstructed view or that you suffer from vertigo

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 27, 2019 15:31

does every venue have a LD resolution section??

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 27, 2019 15:41

usually most venues have a place where people can complain that their seats have obstructed views, camera in front of them, stage is to high so they can't see anything etc etc etc. Usually there are some seats held back by the promoters. Thus they have alternatives to offer. But if I was the promoter I'd tell Lucky Dippers that lucky dipping is a lottery and does not guarantee great seats.
But it's always worthwhile asking…

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 27, 2019 15:58

slewan
Stonesfan2146
roryg

you might try either: Claim that your seat has obstructed view or that you suffer from vertigo

Or try this:
Don't you know who I am?!

Or this one:
I paid $43.17 for this ticket and I demand a spot in the PIT.

Or this one:
I am normally very LUCKY but this is bullshit!

Or this one:
I'm old.

WTF people...
Go see The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 27, 2019 16:16

Try this one: I have traveled all the way from Sweden, across the Atlantic, for this chance to see the Stones. Please, make the world a better place...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 27, 2019 16:43

Has anyone had two sets of Lucky Dips for either of the two Chi shows? I've got one set under my name and I was added to another set so that I can use the tickets. I'm a little worried that I might run into some problems. Plan to use them next week at the DC show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home