Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: walterD ()
Date: June 21, 2019 17:09

dhinkle555
If pick up begins at 4:00 PM but gates don’t open till
5:30, you will be able to leave with your tickets & not be led
into the venue.

That’s good. What time are the Stones expect to get on stage?

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 21, 2019 18:56

I’ll be interested to hear if you can pick them up at 4:00 and go into the show later.

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: June 21, 2019 23:48

This is it, guys, good luck!!!
Please let us know what you end up getting.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:22

walterD
This is it, guys, good luck!!!
Please let us know what you end up getting.

We need a good response in order to know what the chances are! please all LDers

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:34

Pit 1 here

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:36

MingSubu
Pit 1 here

Amazing! Congrats!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:38

Ok, we are coming in on a late flight and may not get to the stadium til 830 or 9. Does anyone know how late the box office stays open? Will be taking a cab straight from Midway airport to the venue to pick up the LDs.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:44

kwoznica
I got the message yesterday:

We appreciate your attention to the following, so you have the best experience possible:
• You and your guest must pick up the tickets in person from the Box Office located at Gate 10 at the south-east corner of the stadium.
• Box Office pick up time starts at 4pm.
• Picture ID, your confirmation number, and the credit card used to purchase the tickets are required for pick up. Without these things, you will not be able to pick up your tickets.

I checked my email and it gives an order number. Is that the same as a confirmation number?

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:45

WelshEdge1
MingSubu
Pit 1 here

Amazing! Congrats!

YES Congrats!

LUCKY!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:45

WelshEdge1
MingSubu
Pit 1 here

Amazing! Congrats!

Thx!

They only gave me 1 ticket, I was alone. So no chance of reselling. I'm able to walk around outside with it though

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:46

I wonder if anyone gets Row G1, Seat 33+34 or Row G3, Seat 25+26 with his or hers Lucky Dips for one or the one Chicago show. These are the LD I cancelled (TM named those seats in the email confirming the refund)

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:48

MingSubu
WelshEdge1
MingSubu
Pit 1 here

Amazing! Congrats!

Thx!

They only gave me 1 ticket, I was alone. So no chance of reselling. I'm able to walk around outside with it though

Fair enough. Enjoy tonight!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 22, 2019 00:52

timbernardis
Ok, we are coming in on a late flight and may not get to the stadium til 830 or 9. Does anyone know how late the box office stays open? Will be taking a cab straight from Midway airport to the venue to pick up the LDs.

plexi

Just asked at the LD windows plexi and they both said it would be open until 9 or 9:30... Also said there was a box office inside the stadium open after that..
LD gate 10, is close to a good drop off spot at gate 14 if you’re being driven..

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 22, 2019 01:47

Must one enter the venue after picking up tix this tour? In Europe last year it was not necessary.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 02:40

Section 342 Row 14 for Kurt and I. Loads of Lucky Dippers up here...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 22, 2019 02:51

Glam Descendant
Must one enter the venue after picking up tix this tour? In Europe last year it was not necessary.

I’ve had lucky dips 10 times over the years and never had to enter the venue after I picked them up. Always went to the restaurant or bar until I was ready to go in.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:15

grzegorz67

How did you get the tix? Did you get an envelope that was assigned to your name or did you have to randomly pick one out of a box? Or did they just hand you tix?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:18

Stonesfan2146
grzegorz67

How did you get the tix? Did you get an envelope that was assigned to your name or did you have to randomly pick one out of a box? Or did they just hand you tix?

We were handed an envelope of their choice. Both Dippers had to be present when envelope was handed out.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:30

Section 440, vertigo city way up here.. Any other Lucky Dippers nearby?
Edit: sound is actually pretty decent, and we have amazing view of lake, but tad bit exposed and chilly smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 03:36 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 03:34

grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146
grzegorz67

We were handed an envelope of their choice. Both Dippers had to be present when envelope was handed out.

Okay thanks, thats how they did it on many concerts I attended in 2017/18. But sounds not that good for LDs yet.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 22, 2019 08:49

That section 440 LD was a true gift! Gave meaning to "you can't always get what you want" but we got what we needed.. Family member is stable, we met great people, fantastic view of the lake AND the stage and crowd, sound was good, and everyone was dancing even in the cheap seats smiling smiley

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 22, 2019 09:22

Lucky Dip at 730pm for us was Section 400 Nosebleed .. lots of envelopes and a random selection was unlucky, but not really...

Got the wrist band with the tongue on it that looked official

Used the wristband to get on the floor - never even considered going up to section 400, although the fact someone landed a space ship on Soldiers Field is interesting, but...

Used the wristband to get to the front row behind the pit, watched the show from there, which was the ideal spot to crash the B Stage, which was STRIPPED DOWN and the highlight of the show and hopefully they add PWF and make that a 3+ song set - Mick and Keith sharing the mic was special on DF

Show was good in so many ways and cant wait for Tuesday as the jitters must be gone and now they know its game on.

Really impressed with Ronnie's guitar on a couple songs, amazing what years of sobriety and a family life can do for you.

More after I wake up...I have some good video I'll get on YouTube and then on here under the Chicago thread.

Cant wait for Tuesday...

Date: June 22, 2019 09:59

Geez ive seen golden circles smaller than this pit

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 22, 2019 11:05

hm, seems to be a lousy turnout for Lucky Dippers – compared what we've seen in Europe in 2017 and 2018.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 22, 2019 11:31

slewan
hm, seems to be a lousy turnout for Lucky Dippers – compared what we've seen in Europe in 2017 and 2018.

This seems to be the case. I have 2 LD tix for Miami and $160 involved, which equates to my monthly internet / cable bill. I have time to decide if I want to spend more or not. However, I'm in and that it is the thought process at this point. I don't do anything on impulse anymore - I guess my age is helping.

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: June 22, 2019 15:30

MizzAmandaJonez
Lucky Dip at 730pm for us was Section 400 Nosebleed .. lots of envelopes and a random selection was unlucky, but not really...

Got the wrist band with the tongue on it that looked official

Used the wristband to get on the floor - never even considered going up to section 400, although the fact someone landed a space ship on Soldiers Field is interesting, but...

Used the wristband to get to the front row behind the pit, watched the show from there, which was the ideal spot to crash the B Stage, which was STRIPPED DOWN and the highlight of the show and hopefully they add PWF and make that a 3+ song set - Mick and Keith sharing the mic was special on DF

Show was good in so many ways and cant wait for Tuesday as the jitters must be gone and now they know its game on.

Really impressed with Ronnie's guitar on a couple songs, amazing what years of sobriety and a family life can do for you.

More after I wake up...I have some good video I'll get on YouTube and then on here under the Chicago thread.

Cant wait for Tuesday...

How did interaction with security and soldier field employees go? I’ve got lucky dip in Boston and honestly think I’ll try this, but I need tips from an obvious master of the art.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 22, 2019 15:44

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 16:40 by Xam.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: June 22, 2019 16:07

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 16:40 by Xam.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:20

There we’re two ticket checkers, one to get on the field and one to get from back GA to the reserved area and we just walked past both as they were busy with other people and we just flashed the LD bracelet like it was an all access pass, and next thing I know we’re in the front rower reserved on the fence making friends with the people in row 1 - I gave the lady we met my program and she was thankful and when some casual fan was trying to take her spot on the fence where no one was blocking her view we helped her handle an awkward situation- everyone stands all show so plenty of room and you can follow the fence to the center walkway and then around to the B stage and back. Reminded me of the old B stage crashing days from tips I learned here back then.

What I love is everyone has their Stones stories and most are pretty interesting. “I scored some grass for them in the 70s..” was her story.

I thought those front row behind pit spots are maybe the best seats in the house as I always stand in the back of the pit anyway when I’m there.

We also did go see friends in other spots as the WH came out and the 200 section half way back and all the way up we’re a great view and I agree with the other Lucky Dipper that the value view and sound of 440 was a good experience too- just being anywhere in that building was magical- the whole joint was rocking!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 18:23 by MizzAmandaJonez.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:29

Hearing that some people were able to pick up their LD tickets before the designated time and their tickets were somehow invalidated - they had to go back out to get new ones!

From a friend on Facebook:

People at the final pit check in front of me got turned away because they had invalidated tix recieved pre 4pm. They were told they had to go back out and redraw their tix. Tix wouldnt scan outside, but the idiot's just waved them through. I cant imagine the frustration these people went through. We certainly got beyond lucky to redraw even closer than our original Bstage tix. CLUSTERFUCK!

HUGE F-UP at box office this afternoon. They released LD tix to us and were not supposed to till 4. A few dozen people got a surprise upon entering as THE TIX WERE INVALIDATED because they were released prematurely. Example: X.X. (name deleted) went from PIT to sec 440 limited view.

I did not have a problem transfering my LD to somebody else. The patrons receiving the LD wristbands just needed to be there at the counter at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 18:30 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home