Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2019 17:12

Well, I turned away from my phone after refreshing because someone from work asked me a question and when I glanced down afterward, there were two LD tickets!

Click, click frantically, but "Oh-no!" screen came back, mocking me with "a fan beat you to the tickets."

Damn work...doesn't everyone know that getting Stones tickets is more important right now?? grinning smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 21, 2019 17:14

Topi
timbernardis
Goddamit, I need LA/Pasadena LDs!!! Those are the last tix of the six shows I am attending. Someone has got to break or come up with the code!!

plexi

There is no code associated with LDs bud. We just don't know the link for that show.

That's what I meant.

plexi

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 17:17

Foxborough LD available

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2019 17:25

WelshEdge1
Foxborough LD available

Got em, thanks!

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: May 21, 2019 17:27

WelshEdge1
Foxborough LD available
Yep.
I'll release them because I don't want them, but these extra fee are high, I don't remember paying that much for NJ/CHI.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:24

Any update on the Denver Lucky link?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:37

walterD
WelshEdge1
Foxborough LD available
Yep.
I'll release them because I don't want them, but these extra fee are high, I don't remember paying that much for NJ/CHI.

it was more or less the same for Chicago – in the US (hidden) extra fees are usually VERY high (that's very different in Europe)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:48

slewan
walterD
WelshEdge1
Foxborough LD available
Yep.

it was more or less the same for Chicago – in the US (hidden) extra fees are usually VERY high (that's very different in Europe)

Pathetic isn't it. My Boston based friend bough LDs for Foxboro and he was surprised the add on fees came to more than the tickets themselves. It's around $25 extra per ticket

Service Fee
Facility Charge
Order Processing Fee

What's the difference between these 3 and why do we pay separately for each? What a load of absolute bollocks.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 21, 2019 18:52

Not wishing to play devil's advocate, but I'm pretty sure that facility fee goes straight to the venue. I imagine the order processing fee covers credit card charges. Service fee is split between TM and the artist/promoter.

syrel

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: May 21, 2019 19:08

I don't know if it's my LD or my daughter LD but we had ask yesterday refund for 2x2 Boston LD

Good luck !

But I'm still waiting for Miami ...

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: May 21, 2019 19:18

slewan
walterD
WelshEdge1
Foxborough LD available
Yep.

I just checked my old emails, I paid:
- $74 for NJ's lucky dips
- $91 for Chicago

so yes Chicago is not far in price, but there is a 25% difference between NJ and Foxboro

Date: May 21, 2019 19:30

syrel
Not wishing to play devil's advocate, but I'm pretty sure that facility fee goes straight to the venue. I imagine the order processing fee covers credit card charges. Service fee is split between TM and the artist/promoter.

syrel

I don't doubt that these fees are split amongst the interested parties in a logical and agreed way. But for the paying punter, these extra fees really ought to be included in the headline ticket price in the 1st place. The ticket prices are usually advertised at their basic price pre add-ons, which to me is misleading and borders on misrepresentation.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 21, 2019 20:00

grzegorz67

I don't doubt that these fees are split amongst the interested parties in a logical and agreed way. But for the paying punter, these extra fees really ought to be included in the headline ticket price in the 1st place. The ticket prices are usually advertised at their basic price pre add-ons, which to me is misleading and borders on misrepresentation.

I agree with that. The irony is that TM wants to do exactly that, but the artists don't want to, because in the current setup TM takes all of the heat.

syrel

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2019 21:57

I paid $76 for a pair of Seattle, originally before they postponed.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 21, 2019 22:11

weird...
i tried clicking on a couple of other stadiums and for Philly i got past the "oh No" screen to the LD page, but it was all grayed out and no way to purchase any tix.

oh well, baby steps i guess

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 21, 2019 22:56

I don't mind the fees varying between the venues.
I get there are different tax rates, local stadium fees etc.

The real shocker is the hefty fees when you buy a more premium ticket.
The fees on a single Pit ticket are more than most Lucky Dip pairs. Processing fees etc. should be the same whether the ticket is $50 or $500 as they both involve the same amount of processing. Shouldn't be based on a percentage. Part of why I go with LD's for most of the shows.
Insult to injury.

Posted by: Xam ()
Date: May 22, 2019 06:13

latebloomer
Well, I turned away from my phone after refreshing because someone from work asked me a question and when I glanced down afterward, there were two LD tickets!

Click, click frantically, but "Oh-no!" screen came back, mocking me with "a fan beat you to the tickets."

Damn work...doesn't everyone know that getting Stones tickets is more important right now?? grinning smiley
So is this how it is going... the LDs just randomly show up?

I have been clicking the screens... bored... clicking the screens... then I click some other screens like this one ... [www1.ticketmaster.com] AND IT SAYS LUCKY DIPS!!! but then it is all gray... so I go click some other screens... nothing... look out the window... look back at computer.... click some screens... nothing... nothing.... then try some other show screens?

How does it work?
Does SOMETIMES SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY SEE IT LIGHT UP... AND OUT OF THE BLUE there are actually LDs there... and people bought them?

Or in your case LB they showed... and then were gone.
Do you think they were really there? Or are they messing with us.

If I keep clicking... clicking... and clucking... will I maybe get lucky someday... some afternoon.... some early morning... some night... some girls.... some how.... SOME TICKETS MAY APPEAR?

Just randomly? Maybe they come available as people turn them in?

Or maybe there is a gal, with a fancy top hat on, sitting someplace, her heels kicked up on a desk as she practices tossing cards into a fedora laying on a couch... and inside the fedora is a switch which activates releasing two more tickets... out of the blue... and then when after some lucky fan snatches the tickets and pays... she get to take a shot of Crystal Skull vodka.... and then she guffaw a bit... and then she goes back to practicing tossing cards in to the hat?

Maybe as she gets better more tickets will show up? Or something?

I wonder how it all works. Will more and more LDs be released... so I/we should just keep clicking screens?

I guess the answer does not matter... cuz no matter yes/no/maybe/shutup/who knows... I am going to keep clicking the screens, it is either that... or keep writing this post... and keeping typing this post will probably not get me any cards in the hat.

I just wonder how it works.

I WANNA GET LUCKY!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2019 06:55

Xam
latebloomer

So is this how it is going... the LDs just randomly show up?

I have been clicking the screens... bored... clicking the screens... then I click some other screens like this one ... [www1.ticketmaster.com] AND IT SAYS LUCKY DIPS!!! but then it is all gray... so I go click some other screens... nothing... look out the window... look back at computer.... click some screens... nothing... nothing.... then try some other show screens?

How does it work?
Does SOMETIMES SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY SEE IT LIGHT UP... AND OUT OF THE BLUE there are actually LDs there... and people bought them?

Or in your case LB they showed... and then were gone.
Do you think they were really there? Or are they messing with us.

If I keep clicking... clicking... and clucking... will I maybe get lucky someday... some afternoon.... some early morning... some night... some girls.... some how.... SOME TICKETS MAY APPEAR?

Just randomly? Maybe they come available as people turn them in?

Or maybe there is a gal, with a fancy top hat on, sitting someplace, her heels kicked up on a desk as she practices tossing cards into a fedora laying on a couch... and inside the fedora is a switch which activates releasing two more tickets... out of the blue... and then when after some lucky fan snatches the tickets and pays... she get to take a shot of Crystal Skull vodka.... and then she guffaw a bit... and then she goes back to practicing tossing cards in to the hat?

Maybe as she gets better more tickets will show up? Or something?

I wonder how it all works. Will more and more LDs be released... so I/we should just keep clicking screens?

I guess the answer does not matter... cuz no matter yes/no/maybe/shutup/who knows... I am going to keep clicking the screens, it is either that... or keep writing this post... and keeping typing this post will probably not get me any cards in the hat.

I just wonder how it works.

I WANNA GET LUCKY!

last night most of the shows had lucky dips available. someone posted direct links I think in this thread. only a couple of shows didn't have them. I checked this morning and still saw them...not sure this evening.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 22, 2019 07:21

Xam

How does it work?
Yes, exactly.

You have to be there at the right time, and no one knows what the right time is. Now, I don't know for certain, but I suspect that LD availability as this time depends only on how many people return theirs on a given day and when TM uploads those tickets back into the system. (The re-uploading seems to take place in the morning, US time, but then again I have seen people report they scored LDs in the afternoon as well)

It's not like they are "dropping" more LDs, because if they did, those links would be accessible through the buttons on Rollingstones.com.

Now we have to go, uh, between the buttons..

It's even more of a lucky dip at the moment than it ever was. You need crazy luck to even get a pair (that someone not being able to make that show previously had returned)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 07:22 by Topi.

Date: May 22, 2019 07:57

treaclefingers

last night most of the shows had lucky dips available. someone posted direct links I think in this thread. only a couple of shows didn't have them. I checked this morning and still saw them...not sure this evening.

I was actually looking last night and even copy/paste/quoted the list to say thanks you for the list
Date: May 21, 2019 10:42.... but I did not see any LDs, not for the shows I was looking at.

Thank you for the reply.
I will have to keep working at it.

As that one guy said "the harder you work, the luckier you get"

Date: May 22, 2019 08:00

Topi
Xam

How does it work?
Yes, exactly.

You have to be there at the right time, and no one knows what the right time is. Now, I don't know for certain, but I suspect that LD availability as this time depends only on how many people return theirs on a given day and when TM uploads those tickets back into the system. (The re-uploading seems to take place in the morning, US time, but then again I have seen people report they scored LDs in the afternoon as well)

It's not like they are "dropping" more LDs, because if they did, those links would be accessible through the buttons on Rollingstones.com.

Now we have to go, uh, between the buttons..

It's even more of a lucky dip at the moment than it ever was. You need crazy luck to even get a pair (that someone not being able to make that show previously had returned)
I very much appreciate your post. thumbs up Great explanation. Thank you. I will keep clicking.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 22, 2019 10:02

I got LD for Chi1 and DC at around 10am est. this past Monday morning. Maybe try that time of day.

No luck with philly or nj yet.

Date: May 22, 2019 17:11

MingSubu
I got LD for Chi1 and DC at around 10am est. this past Monday morning. Maybe try that time of day.

Now 3pm BST here in the UK (=10am EST). Just tried for Chi1 for here. No joy. But quite a few more Standard Price tix for this show are now dropping. Last night I could have had 8 GA for $125 each + those pain in the arse fees.

Date: May 22, 2019 19:59

grzegorz67
+ those pain in the arse fees.
!!!! You can say that again!! F those fees!!! angry smiley

Paying the band to play, a life time of practice/creativity etc etc is one thing... but... grrrrrrrrr!!!

Date: May 22, 2019 20:01

MingSubu

Great news ! Congrats man! Thanks for the info, it gives me hope I can get lucky in Chicago!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 00:57

Xam

The gal in the hat tossing cards, you cracked me up! Hope you get what you want. I may be turning in my Philly LD this week and if I do I will post here ahead of time to give the IORR community a crack at them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 00:58 by snoopy2.

Posted by: somegirl26 ()
Date: May 23, 2019 01:15

Thank you.Looking for Philly LDs for my brother who is coming from Austin

snoopy2
X

[/quote

The gal in the hat tossing cards, you cracked me up! Hope you get what you want. I may be turning in my Philly LD this week and if I do I will post here ahead of time to give the IORR community a crack at them

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 23, 2019 02:26

So to be clear the only way you access lucky dip is by clicking the ticket button on rolling stones.com and then it redirects you to Ticketmaster or can you just go directly to Ticketmaster? Spent huge bucks for 2 in foxboro. Seeing the boys up close one last time. A word to the wise. If they put you on a high dose of prednisone and you’re f_cking manic it’s probably not the best time to make expensive purchases. Oh crap that was me. LOL

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 23, 2019 02:31

Bashlets
So to be clear the only way you access lucky dip is by clicking the ticket button on rolling stones.com and then it redirects you to Ticketmaster or can you just go directly to Ticketmaster? Spent huge bucks for 2 in foxboro. Seeing the boys up close one last time. A word to the wise. If they put you on a high dose of prednisone and you’re f_cking manic it’s probably not the best time to make expensive purchases. Oh crap that was me. LOL

Least you have a medical excuse. Hmmm. As my mind goes unsavory LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 02:31 by 35love.

Date: May 23, 2019 02:33

snoopy2
Xam

grinning smiley Snoopy drinking smiley

Life is more fun when at least one (other)person reads/gets/guffaws at my funnies, I am usually amused... but it is more fun if someone else is too smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home