Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 7, 2019 14:02

Stonesfan2146
If you look on Ticketmaster, it looks like on many of the shows LD owners might get very lucky.

All the more reason to believe there will be another Lucky Dips drop nearer the time, as there was for all 8 UK shows last year.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 7, 2019 14:19

grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146
If you look on Ticketmaster, it looks like on many of the shows LD owners might get very lucky.

All the more reason to believe there will be another Lucky Dips drop nearer the time, as there was for all 8 UK shows last year.

I won't bet on it since the sales went way better than UK, with one or two slower selling venues. If there will be another drop, then for selected Shows only. Look at the first Chicago or New York shows, nearly sold out.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 7, 2019 14:46

Stonesfan2146
grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146

I won't bet on it since the sales went way better than UK, with one or two slower selling venues. If there will be another drop, then for selected Shows only. Look at the first Chicago or New York shows, nearly sold out.

Sold out? Ha ha ha. Nearly sold out of the tickets they've made available for sale perhaps. I bet there are whole sections which haven't yet gone on sale. It's the easiest thing in the World to create an impression of a near sellout for an event that's months away. Nothing is ever truly sold out. It's all bait and switch. Anyone wanting to go to those shows and is without a ticket, will safely be able to book up a trip and pick one up at a big discount nearer the time, when asking prices will fall.

Date: January 7, 2019 19:33

grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146
grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146

Sold out? Ha ha ha. Nearly sold out of the tickets they've made available for sale perhaps. I bet there are whole sections which haven't yet gone on sale. It's the easiest thing in the World to create an impression of a near sellout for an event that's months away. Nothing is ever truly sold out. It's all bait and switch. Anyone wanting to go to those shows and is without a ticket, will safely be able to book up a trip and pick one up at a big discount nearer the time, when asking prices will fall.

Could be. Lets keep a look on those maps.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 7, 2019 19:35

grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146
grzegorz67
Stonesfan2146

agreed.

plexi

Date: January 7, 2019 19:43

MisterDDDD
I don't believe the Lucky Dips had an official name in 2013.
This is how they referred to them when announcing the '13 Vegas show..

"As a part of the general on sale, there are a variety of ticket prices including over a 1,000 tickets per show at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. These tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show. These tickets are exclusively available via www.rollingstones.com/tickets"

This was my first time buying the "lottery tickets', which is what I believe most people referred to them as then. Ended up with nosebleeds, and then getting them switched to a lower section next to the stage by MGM customer service.

I know someone posted the name they were known by at that time, just can't remember it now.

plexi

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 7, 2019 19:50

Date: January 7, 2019 20:02

if someone were to repeat the correct moniker, I would remember it.

plexi

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 7, 2019 20:44

MisterDDDD
I don't believe the Lucky Dips had an official name in 2013.
This is how they referred to them when announcing the '13 Vegas show..

"As a part of the general on sale, there are a variety of ticket prices including over a 1,000 tickets per show at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. These tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show. These tickets are exclusively available via www.rollingstones.com/tickets"

This was my first time buying the "lottery tickets', which is what I believe most people referred to them as then. Ended up with nosebleeds, and then getting them switched to a lower section next to the stage by MGM customer service.

Yup. I remember at one of the Chicago shows, I was trying to exchange them for better seats after a slew of people were moved in an earlier show there at the United Center. One of the workers said, oh, you have "lottery tickets," no, we're not letting people trade those in.

Also someone from another fan board coined the term "mystery tickets" which caught on with a few.
I wrote about these terms in my book on Amazon about RS fans, You Get What You need. in Chapter 6
about "the pit," which was then the toungue pit.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 29, 2019 19:05

I asked TM for refund for my LD tickets for Chicago (both shows).
Much to my surprise the confirmation named row and seat numbers…
Anybody with similar experciences?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2019 19:37

slewan

First thought is that it sounds similar to how they assign row and seat numbers to "GA Pit" tickets, etc. Meaning only for inventory and tracking purposes, and the numbers are not likely relevant to what the actual ticket might have been. Could be wrong, what were your seat locations?
Be interesting to see if they get thrown back into the pool.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 29, 2019 20:20

slewan

It’s to early to cancel my tickets now. So I don’t know. I guess I won’t bee seeing you then. We can’t swop tickets like we did in Dublin last year.

Date: April 29, 2019 23:09

Christiaan
slewan

It’s to early to cancel my tickets now. So I don’t know. I guess I won’t bee seeing you then. We can’t swop tickets like we did in Dublin last year.

sorry, but I can't make it to Chicago – not in June and most likely not in the following month

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 30, 2019 03:36

Still holding out on getting a few for NJ

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 30, 2019 07:41

Should be The Lucky Dip Tour.
It's sexy

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 30, 2019 15:28

Donnebr
Still holding out on getting a few for NJ

me too!
i got shut out initially; hoping this rescheduling frees up some tix somehow!

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: May 2, 2019 01:20

Somehow I got some Lucky Dip today - It has been suggested to me that perhaps someone returned their Lucky Dip tickets and that is how they became available because it is not reproducible.

Like many others I have been checking on the prices for Chicago 1 online since the original on-sale. Today when I went to look at the prices at Ticketmaster.com (using a VPN showing my location as Seattle, WA) and before I even entered the name of the venue, a window popped up offering Lucky Dip tickets for Chicago - not sure if it is the 1st or 2nd show but needless to say I purchased them.

Date: May 2, 2019 03:27

Nice one LovingCupola!
Guess that answers the question as to what they might do with returned LD's!
(and other tix as well no doubt) Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2019 04:11

I would have thought TM would have taken any returned Lucky Dips and jacked the prices up to the platinum category, but maybe the Lucky Dips are immune from such shenanigans.
That said, they'll probably inflate the price for some of the standard priced tickets that have been returned - especially Pit. Then again, there's been a few random singles in the front sections leaked at standard price for Pasadena, and also some weird random prices drops for Glendale (below standard price) which might have been a fluke/mistake on TM's part.

It will be interesting to see what happens once the new dates are announced if indeed they are rescheduled. Seems most people including myself are holding on to originally bought tickets waiting in limbo.
I have Lucky Dips for Glendale and Santa Clara, and if the new dates don't work I'll have no choice but to seek refunds which will be annoying - or maybe I can transfer them to somebody? If the dates work, then lucky me!
I also have a decent pair of standard tix for Pasadena which is close to home, and if rescheduled will attend that show come hell or high water and through thick or thin no matter what the date - rain or shine!

Meanwhile, trying to stay patient and hoping Mick continues to get well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-02 04:14 by Hairball.

Date: May 2, 2019 04:50

I would have thought that TM would have taken any returned Lucky Dips and other returned tickets and sold them for exactly the same price they sold them the first time for.
Then again, I never did buy into all things stones related = negative shenanigans or a conspiracy cool smiley

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: May 2, 2019 05:48

MisterDDDD
Nice one LovingCupola!
Guess that answers the question as to what they might do with returned LD's!
(and other tix as well no doubt) Thanks for the heads up!

smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2019 07:09

MisterDDDD
I would have thought that TM would have taken any returned Lucky Dips and other returned tickets and sold them for exactly the same price they sold them the first time for.
Then again, I never did buy into all things stones related = negative shenanigans or a conspiracy cool smiley

I understand your penchant for obsessively defending the Stones and cheering on all things Stones related no matter what,
but I don't understand how you can defend Ticketmaster considering all of their nefarious doings in the past.
Now all of the sudden they can be trusted? Sounds a bit naive, but if that's how you feel about them......lol

Date: May 2, 2019 14:35

Yeah.
TM is selling them for exactly what they sold for initially, as expected, and somehow I'm the naive one.
Lofl.

On the bright side, you can go ahead and call this a "price drop".. cool smiley

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 2, 2019 15:03

where are you guys even finding a link to search for LD tix on TM?

Date: May 2, 2019 15:05

Yeah does somebody have all the links for the LD tickets?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 3, 2019 03:42

Slewan:
This might be a dumb question—do you have one or two LDs left gor Chicago 1?
If so, email me. Thx.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 3, 2019 04:09

LovingCupola
Somehow I got some Lucky Dip today - It has been suggested to me that perhaps someone returned their Lucky Dip tickets and that is how they became available because it is not reproducible.

Like many others I have been checking on the prices for Chicago 1 online since the original on-sale. Today when I went to look at the prices at Ticketmaster.com (using a VPN showing my location as Seattle, WA) and before I even entered the name of the venue, a window popped up offering Lucky Dip tickets for Chicago - not sure if it is the 1st or 2nd show but needless to say I purchased them.

good for you...I'm hanging on to mine for dear life.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 4, 2019 17:39

Anybody having successfully transferred Lucky Dips?

I asked TM whether my Chicago #2 LDs were transferable, and they replied yes, saying the order details should have a "Transfer Tickets" button. Well, of course there's no such button (LDs are not supposed to be transferable as per the T&C anyway, but I'm positive some people on here have said they did transfer them when asked).

Well, when I wrote back to TM I don't have the Transfer Tickets option they just said " If you are unable to see the transfer tickets option, it may be that a new date has not been announced for this event just yet. Usually, the transfer selection is viewable on the home page to your Ticketmaster account." I don't have a refund button either.

On the other hand, both my MetLife #1 pit ticket AND my MetLife #2 Lucky Dip tickets do have the refund button (but no transfer button). Weird.

Posted by: walterD ()
Date: May 6, 2019 19:00

Stonesfan2146
Yeah does somebody have all the links for the LD tickets?

Yeah, anyone has them? Would they show up on RS.com?

Date: May 6, 2019 19:14

Topi
Anybody having successfully transferred Lucky Dips?

I asked TM whether my Chicago #2 LDs were transferable, and they replied yes, saying the order details should have a "Transfer Tickets" button. Well, of course there's no such button (LDs are not supposed to be transferable as per the T&C anyway, but I'm positive some people on here have said they did transfer them when asked).

Well, when I wrote back to TM I don't have the Transfer Tickets option they just said " If you are unable to see the transfer tickets option, it may be that a new date has not been announced for this event just yet. Usually, the transfer selection is viewable on the home page to your Ticketmaster account." I don't have a refund button either.

On the other hand, both my MetLife #1 pit ticket AND my MetLife #2 Lucky Dip tickets do have the refund button (but no transfer button). Weird.

TM doesn't really know what LD tickets are. The only thing they know is that they are not transferable.They are only refundable because the tour has been postponed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-06 19:16 by slewan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home