Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 44
Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 2, 2018 21:37

Hairball
latebloomer
Rip This
only one opportunity for lucky dips?...i think i missed it...x$&(*^!!

I’m hoping they’ll drop some again. They have done it for past tours.

Just replied to your post in main tour thread, but maybe better posted here:

They did it for No Filter, but not for any previous tours that I recall though I could be wrong. One batch, and one batch only - once they were gone they were gone.
That said, probably see more for these massive stadiums - especially ones that are selling slow such as Glendale.

Yeah, thanks Hairball...posted there before I noticed this thread.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 3, 2018 00:55

Hairball
latebloomer
Rip This

They did it for No Filter, but not for any previous tours that I recall though I could be wrong. One batch, and one batch only - once they were gone they were gone.
That said, probably see more for these massive stadiums - especially ones that are selling slow such as Glendale.

Hope so.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: December 3, 2018 05:46

Hairball
latebloomer
Rip This

well for the last San Jose Arena show i got two Lucky Dips well after the show was announced as sold out...I kept checking and checking for some reason and one day it was there...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2018 05:52

rovalle
Hairball
latebloomer
Rip This

well for the last San Jose Arena show i got two Lucky Dips well after the show was announced as sold out...I kept checking and checking for some reason and one day it was there...

Yeah I wasn't sure and someone else mentioned second batches in another thread.

The question is, did you get truly lucky with good seats? smiling smiley

Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:33

My feeling is that most of the nosebleeds are already sold out because of the affordable price. That makes the chances of having a better lucky dip seat more probable. I am hoping that’s the case anyway.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:47

tony
My feeling is that most of the nosebleeds are already sold out because of the affordable price. That makes the chances of having a better lucky dip seat more probable. I am hoping that’s the case anyway.

Interesting point. If you see numerous Nose bleed or Section 300-440 (depending on venue) seats for resale on Seat Geeks, Tickets Now, Stub Hub is favorable. The more for sale on these sites will help the Lucky Dip Cause unless they are pre-determined, which is unknown, at least to me.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 3, 2018 19:22

tony

way to early to tell. I guess they are holding back tickets (like always) to throw them on the market anytime in the future. On the other hand there are enough seats with obstructed view left (at least for Chicago)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 3, 2018 19:37

This is a thread dedicated to LUCKY DIP.
For New Orleans and other subjects there are separate theads.
Please help out by posting in the right threads.
Otherwise you mess up IORR.
Thank you.

Bjornulf

Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019 - on sale now!
Posted by: RSamu ()
Date: December 6, 2018 13:46

How lucky you were in Europe!
East Rutherford NJ will be my LD first time and i don't really know how it happens in the moment os the concert.
What kind of tricks did you use in Dublin and is it really possible to turn the LD sector better? And you said about complaint. It use to work?

Posted by: RSamu ()
Date: December 6, 2018 13:53

slewan
I hope I keep being lucky
My LD results for the No Filter tour 2017/18 were:
Hamburg 2017 – pit
Munich 2017 - pit
Düsseldorf 2017 - GA
Dublin 2018 – pit (with tricks)
London I 2018 - gold circle, but I made it into the pit
London II 2018 - gold circle, but I made it into the pit
Berlin 2018 - pit (like nearly everybody else)
Stuttgart 2018 – gold circle seating, but I made it into the pit
Prage 2018 – only GA (since the fuc*ed up the LD allocation at the venue and I was too tried to react/complain)

Chicago – here I come…

East Rutherford NJ will be my LD first time and i don't really know how it happens in the moment os the concert.
What kind of tricks did you use in Dublin and is it really possible to turn the LD sector better? And you said about complaint. It use to work?

Date: December 6, 2018 14:00

RSamu

This is a great question. I have LD Tickets as well. my plan is to call the Stadium Ticket office and plead for acceptable seats- it is, the Holidays and kindness should be in play. If not successful go with Plan B which includes negotiations close to start time that is always 30 minutes late any way

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: December 6, 2018 14:13

Hairball
rovalle
Hairball
latebloomer
Rip This

Yeah I wasn't sure and someone else mentioned second batches in another thread.

The question is, did you get truly lucky with good seats? smiling smiley

Well we had so so seats actually...we were about two thirds of the way up from the floor and again about two thirds of the way back from the stage...but what happened was as we were walking around inside we ran into some friends who had seats on the side of the stage right in line with the front lip....for some reason there was about twenty empty seats or so around them and we just sat there...great view and sound, only thing was Keith was on the far side from us but even that wasn't so bad...I remember paying $75 each for the seats and were we should've been sitting the price was about $220...also the two people right behind us in the Lucky Dip line outside the arena got pit tickets...

Date: December 6, 2018 14:18

Chris Fountain
RSamu

This is a great question. I have LD Tickets as well. my plan is to call the Stadium Ticket office and plead for acceptable seats- it is, the Holidays and kindness should be in play. If not successful go with Plan B which includes negotiations close to start time that is always 30 minutes late any way

considering tricks etc: The is absoultely no use in calling the stadium, the local promoters etc since they are not the ones who decide – neither in principle nor right now. Decisions are being made at the day of the show, right at the box office/venue. LD tickets are usally printed on the day of the show.
What is possible or nor possible depends very much on the number of good tickets that had not being sold during the offical ticket sale. Therefore it's far too early to tell how good/bad chances are to get pit tickets or to sneak into the pit. The possibility to sneak into the pit depends very much on local security. Sometimes they are under the impression that there are rather few people in the pit and thus the let some more people in…
All I can say is that it depends on what happens on the day of the show. But sometime there might be more than one way, while other times there's no way at all.
Still the best way is to pick the right envelope

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2018 14:40

Chris Fountain
RSamu

Really the only place to plead and schmooze is at point of pick-up, or afterwards either by going back to point of pick-up, or the customer service station inside the venue.
It indeed does work. I have been upgraded to side stage seats when given nosebleeds by customer service inside the venue. In the UK, out of two Lucky Dips, I scored pit once, and mid priced seats for the other, which they gladly exchanged for the less expensive standing field tickets, which was my preference.

Date: December 6, 2018 17:02

MisterDDDD
Chris Fountain
RSamu

Really the only place to plead and schmooze is at point of pick-up, or afterwards either by going back to point of pick-up, or the customer service station inside the venue.
It indeed does work. I have been upgraded to side stage seats when given nosebleeds by customer service inside the venue. In the UK, out of two Lucky Dips, I scored pit once, and mid priced seats for the other, which they gladly exchanged for the less expensive standing field tickets, which was my preference.

it really depends on the venue/local officials/people at the pick-up point.
For example: In London everything was very relaxed since they had plenty of great LD tickets. In fact even more LD tickets went on sale a week before the show…
In Berlin on the other hand the LD rules were strictly enforced (no way to get of the venue after you got your LD tickets). But all that didn't matter much since nearly every Lucky Dipper got pit tickets (since there's no way to sell a hell lot of of tickets for 800 Euros to people in Berlin. So if you want to make sure you get good results with LD pick a show at a rather poor city…)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 17:03 by slewan.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 6, 2018 18:16

Glendale show will be smack dab on my birthday, hopefully this will be to my advantage (that and the fact that I'm good looking grinning smiley )

Date: December 6, 2018 19:16

FrogSugar
Glendale show will be smack dab on my birthday, hopefully this will be to my advantage (that and the fact that I'm good looking grinning smiley )

Do you have any female references to verify your self acclamation of "good looks?"

Just kidding- I'm on the LD boat as well. These are great times!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-06 19:17 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 6, 2018 19:21

FrogSugar

i'm not sure that good looking helps – I made it to the pit quite often without looking good

Date: December 6, 2018 19:25

slewan
FrogSugar

i'm not sure that good looking helps – I made it to the pit quite often without looking good

If Good Looks are a prerequisite, what age group is included? Are Geezers considered? If not, I must be excluded from the statistical sample population.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 8, 2018 05:46

I hate them & my laptop froze. Thought I never got LD’s for Philadelphia. Could not get them after retrying. Got my Amex statement today & there was a charge. Called Ticketmaster & they confirmed I got them. Class. Now I just need to decide, bring the wife or the 8 year old. Wife’s not fussed on the Stones but the boy says he is

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 8, 2018 15:26

Donnebr
I hate them & my laptop froze. Thought I never got LD’s for Philadelphia. Could not get them after retrying. Got my Amex statement today & there was a charge. Called Ticketmaster & they confirmed I got them. Class. Now I just need to decide, bring the wife or the 8 year old. Wife’s not fussed on the Stones but the boy says he is

fantastic! take the boy (bring ear plugs!). he'll be seeing history and will never forget it.

good job Donnebr!

Posted by: rara ()
Date: December 8, 2018 16:48

treaclefingers
Donnebr

fantastic! take the boy (bring ear plugs!). he'll be seeing history and will never forget it.

good job Donnebr!

agreed, take the boy. I started playing drums at the age of 6 after my dad had shown me a video of the Rolling Stones. They took me to my first Stones concert at the age of 9 and it was absolutely unforgetable smileys with beer

Date: December 9, 2018 05:26

That’s the plan.

Date: December 9, 2018 05:28

That’s the plan. Still hoping for NJ & we can all go

Date: December 10, 2018 03:32

Chris Fountain
slewan
FrogSugar

If Good Looks are a prerequisite, what age group is included? Are Geezers considered? If not, I must be excluded from the statistical sample population.

I have a bit of bad news for the 3 of you. If we're speaking in statistics, statistically only 1 in 4 people are considered 'good looking'. With that in mind, and with the fact that I know I'm good looking, statistically, the 3 of you would have to be ugly. Well, perhaps not ugly but certainly unattractive.

Date: December 10, 2018 14:37

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
slewan
FrogSugar

I have a bit of bad news for the 3 of you. If we're speaking in statistics, statistically only 1 in 4 people are considered 'good looking'. With that in mind, and with the fact that I know I'm good looking, statistically, the 3 of you would have to be ugly. Well, perhaps not ugly but certainly unattractive.

This is really hard to quantify as beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Date: December 10, 2018 15:20

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
slewan
FrogSugar

...and as the beholder of my eyes, I rest my case.

Date: December 10, 2018 15:28

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
slewan
FrogSugar

Court Adjourned.

Date: December 10, 2018 15:30

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
slewan
FrogSugar

Court Adjourned.

excellent...is there time for drinks?

Date: December 10, 2018 15:40

Yes! it is a known fact that all court officials including Defense Lawyers, Prosecutors, Judges and Jury all hang out together for happy hour!!!

Our Justice system is in full swing! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-10 22:23 by Chris Fountain.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home