Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 44
Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:04

I apologize in advance if this has been gone over in the past (I’m sure it has) but if there is a chance to get better pricing I’d love to know about it.

I want to go to the Boston show, but the prices on even mediocre seats are fairly absurd right now. Is it worth waiting for this “lucky dip” or should I grab the tickets now in the presale? I just can’t justify almost $400 for a not very good seat at a stadium show

Assuming that I can get a “lucky dip” ticket how much less will I be paying? Will there be dips on the nosebleed seats? Even those tickets are fairly pricey at the moment considering you won’t be able to see much.

I know there is a pattern to how the Stones lower ticket prices, but again I’m not sure how they go about it...Thanks in advance for any help

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-30 22:24 by bv.

Re: Can someone explain to me how this “Lucky Dip” thing works
Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:11

James Kirk
I apologize in advance if this has been gone over in the past (I’m sure it has) but if there is a chance to get better pricing I’d love to know about it.

I want to go to the Boston show, but the prices on even mediocre seats are fairly absurd right now. Is it worth waiting for this “lucky dip” or should I grab the tickets now in the presale? I just can’t justify almost $400 for a not very good seat at a stadium show

Assuming that I can get a “lucky dip” ticket how much less will I be paying? Will there be dips on the nosebleed seats? Even those tickets are fairly pricey at the moment considering you won’t be able to see much.

I know there is a pattern to how the Stones lower ticket prices, but again I’m not sure how they go about it...Thanks in advance for any help

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE:

a) Lucky Dips go on sale on Friday....via the Stones website...as far as I have heard

b) Lucky Dips are significantly cheaper (they were like $60 in the past, I think)

c) Lucky Dips Seats are just that..."lucky"...you won't know your seat until Concert Day....your odds of a "nosebleed" are high, but you might end up in the Pit...you could end up anywhere....it's all luck (and how many tickets were sold at regular price around the stadium...if Pit Tix sell like crap, there are usually a lot of LD's there - this was how it was in Berlin...lots of LDs got the Pit)

d) Based on what you said: I would wait and just keep checking back today and tomorrow. Scoop up tix if they fit your price-range and seat-desired. If not, wait till Friday and see what comes up. Friday is the "Regular Sale" and they are bound to release more tickets. There is NO WAY the stadium sold out that quickly and left basically crap for the General Sale....no way

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:14

Agree w. what StickyFingers said. Lucky Dips sell quickly and are worth grabbing if you can! Worse case scenario - you get kinda crap seats - but for a LOT cheaper than what they would have been.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:23

I was at the first concert to use Lucky Dips, and therefore had no wisdom, and paid the price. If you can get LDs, get them. They are indeed significantly cheaper, and really, what the tickets SHOULD cost. You might end up in the pit staring into Keith's nose, but you could also end up with the shittiest seats in the house. (I did).

What I didn't know at the time was that people with crappy seats went to guest services and complained. They very often got better seats. (My original seats were so bad I could only see Ronnie.) I moved on my own, eventually, to a better view, but I still stuck up in the balcony.

If you're going to a stadium show, why bother to get tix ahead of time? My experience is that there are always great seats at the box office the night of. Or from scalpers who are in a mad rush to dump tickets before they're worthless. I got floor seats at face from the box office at Dodger Stadium, night of. At Staples in L.A. I got the Stones personal tickets when they released them to the public through the box office. I was 17th row at the side of the stage. (The band always holds on to a certain amount of seats until the night of.)

I know this is more difficult if you have a skittish lady with you who would freak out at the idea you wouldn't have tickets ahead of time. I had to show that I was pretty good at this before there was confidence in me. I'm just to old, and stubborn to sit on the phone for hours, or stand in line. But, it might be worth it to stay on the phone if you have a chance at Lucky Dips.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:25

It remains to be seen how many tickets of any value ( AT FACE VALUE) will be left Friday because I just checked STUBHUB and they have a mountain of tickets, all prices....ALL VERY MARKED UP! The best seats start around $650- $700. Some back floor sections are General Admission---BAD MOVE! Again, very discouraging for REAL FANS searching for a fair price. I hate this whole thing, it takes away the fun! When I was younger, I used to scout tickets all day until I found one I could afford..now, I'm older and have less patience for the BULLSHIT! I hate stadium shows anyway but given the fact that they're only doing about 15 shows, there's no choice if one really wants to see them. Greed is their motivation, obviously, or they'd throw in some arena shows...but 20,000 tickets has apparently lost its appeal to them when they can sell 80,000 at one show! In the Good Ole Days, I'd go to 5 shows, all arenas....Madison Square Garden, Boston Garden, even the Molson Centre in Montreal...very good sound!! Exceptional shows! The older they get, the LESS they care about quality...very sad!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:34

mickschix
It remains to be seen how many tickets of any value ( AT FACE VALUE) will be left Friday because I just checked STUBHUB and they have a mountain of tickets, all prices....ALL VERY MARKED UP! The best seats start around $650- $700. Some back floor sections are General Admission---BAD MOVE! Again, very discouraging for REAL FANS searching for a fair price. I hate this whole thing, it takes away the fun! When I was younger, I used to scout tickets all day until I found one I could afford..now, I'm older and have less patience for the BULLSHIT! I hate stadium shows anyway but given the fact that they're only doing about 15 shows, there's no choice if one really wants to see them. Greed is their motivation, obviously, or they'd throw in some arena shows...but 20,000 tickets has apparently lost its appeal to them when they can sell 80,000 at one show! In the Good Ole Days, I'd go to 5 shows, all arenas....Madison Square Garden, Boston Garden, even the Molson Centre in Montreal...very good sound!! Exceptional shows! The older they get, the LESS they care about quality...very sad!

so...see you there???

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: November 28, 2018 23:42

stickyfingers101
mickschix

so...see you there???

LOL

Lucky Dips
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 23, 2018 19:08

Can someone please refresh my memory...do Lucky Dip tickets go on sale at the same time as pre-sales or general public sale? Or do they they go on sale at a separate random time?

I only did this once for a show in Milwaukee and although my seat was not very good i would be willing to try again as I have read of other people having success with this option.

Thank you!

Re: Lucky Dips
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 23, 2018 19:29

General Sale.

Pre-register on Rolling Stones site, as well as purchase them there through a link when the general sale starts. Before the general sale starts a code will be sent for those pre-registered.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 23, 2018 20:21

Thank you. Maybe I missed it but I did not see anything on Lucky Dip.

so they they will not be available on any of the pre-sales but a link will sent before the general sales?-correct?

Date: November 23, 2018 20:29

chrism13
Thank you. Maybe I missed it but I did not see anything on Lucky Dip.

so they they will not be available on any of the pre-sales but a link will sent before the general sales?-correct?
Yes.
Link appears on Rolling Stones site for Lucky Dips when the General Sale starts.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:43

Time to bring this up.

Hoping there will be Lucky Dip announcement tommorrow. At least this year there was one straight after the pre-sale.
I think it could be good to have a lot of (relatively) cheap nosebleeds which will then actually sell for $50-60...

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:46

Nosebleeds were already pretty cheap, $45-60 at a few shows I was looking at

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:47

It will be shortly after the general sale when they have to fill in the back of the field and upper sections.

Once they determine the demand for VIP tickets, all the other things fall into place.

If they sell enough VIPs, the average ticket price will be high enough that they can flex the rest of the building and maintain an average ticket of $150+.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 28, 2018 20:51

MisterDDDD
General Sale.

Pre-register on Rolling Stones site, as well as purchase them there through a link when the general sale starts. Before the general sale starts a code will be sent for those pre-registered.

[www.rollingstones.com]

A code for Lucky Dips? Since when?

Date: November 28, 2018 22:45

Someone on Facebook - who seems to be on the level - said she got LD tix today.

Date: November 28, 2018 22:55

DEmerson
Someone on Facebook - who seems to be on the level - said she got LD tix today.

Can't imagine... Must be someone from Ticketmaster to make us nervous smiling smiley

Re: Lucky Dip - how it works
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 28, 2018 23:47

There are separate "Lucky Dip" threads from every tour. These are some of the recent Lucky Dip threads:

Lucky Dips tickets Europe 2018

Lucky Dips tickets Zip Code 2015

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-28 23:51 by bv.

Date: November 29, 2018 00:45

She has since clarified they were NOT Lucky Dip.

Re: Lucky Dip tickets US 2019
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 29, 2018 02:14

Well, lucky she got her tickets, but she comes across as a bit of a dip.

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: November 29, 2018 07:23

If the past logic holds...

They will release some less expensive tix as time goes by, only if demand wanes. Then they will release LDs... but prefer not to.

Highest demand is this week, so the highest priced tix will be released this week, Look for more tix dumps as time goes - to keep demand high - but tix moving.

LDs are 95% bleacher tix and singles.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 29, 2018 07:29

Javadave
Well, lucky she got her tickets, but she comes across as a bit of a dip.

grinning smiley

Date: November 29, 2018 11:33

How positive are we that there will be Lucky Dips at all? I know they were widely available on the recent tours (I scored some myself in Europe 17/18) but is there a chance there might be none if the sales are moving good?
It's only massive US markets and I don't think there will be a second leg next year, so demand has to be quite high...

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 29, 2018 12:22

Lucky Dips 1st release should be with the General Sale. Past experience suggests there will be more as time goes by.

Satisfied since 1976

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 12:26 by chriseganstar.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: November 29, 2018 15:09

Star Trek fan?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 29, 2018 15:28

Miami Concert

Yesterday - I thought the pre-sale tix went on sale on Thursday and not yesterday. At 10:15 ,I realized, by iorr.org discussions that the presale started at 10:00. I finally got through and it was approximately 10:45 - AMEX Card offered seats eats in section 217 for $200 apiece after taxes and I hesitated and lost the opportunity.

I have to be financially careful because I'm buying for two. Seats are still available for all sections but at a hefty price for example, Sections 116, 117, 118 are going for well over $1000 apiece through TM.

I agree we need to see what tickets will be available tomorrow. Maybe some closer seats will be available at a reasonable price and the amex discount is in play.

I may have to take chances with Lucky Dip. I simply will not fork out $1200 or more to see the Stones.

The only issue with Luck Dip is the location of seats are unknown until they are picked up at the venue? This can be disconcerting as well as I want decent seats because I will be there to see the Stones and not for the Stadium experience.

I'm not sure if Ticket master will have the Luck Dip option or if there is a code, or simply linking from Rolling Stones.com It would be nice to know.

Date: November 29, 2018 16:05

Chris Fountain

The only issue with Luck Dip is the location of seats are unknown until they are picked up at the venue? This can be disconcerting as well as I want decent seats because I will be there to see the Stones and not for the Stadium experience.

I'm not sure if Ticket master will have the Luck Dip option or if there is a code, or simply linking from Rolling Stones.com It would be nice to know.

Yes, location of the Lucky Dip seats are unknown until pick up.

Assuming they've not changed anything, the link to purchase the Lucky Dip tickets will appear only on the Rolling Stones tour/ticket page, which takes you to a dedicated TM page for them to complete the transaction.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 29, 2018 16:11

MisterDDDD
Chris Fountain

Yes, location of the Lucky Dip seats are unknown until pick up.

Assuming they've not changed anything, the link to purchase the Lucky Dip tickets will appear only on the Rolling Stones tour/ticket page, which takes you to a dedicated TM page for them to complete the transaction.

Thanks!

Date: November 30, 2018 10:46

So still no LD button so far... Hoping I will be able to score some reasonable tickets today so I can finally book my flight from Vienna.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: November 30, 2018 11:09

Nellcote1971
So still no LD button so far... Hoping I will be able to score some reasonable tickets today so I can finally book my flight from Vienna.

from vienna to ?

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home