Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith talks about the new album and tour
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 29, 2018 08:26

Cristiano Radtke
(Keith: ) Like I say, early stages.

Sounds like a good title! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 08:27 by doitywoik.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 29, 2018 09:26

dmay
Cry To Me as done by Solomon Burke is not a slow weeper, IMHO. If you want to hear a killer take on Cry To Me check out Marc Broussard’s acoustic version. This is the kind of thing the Stones could do with it and other soul and r&b tunes from the 1950s and 1960s. Just imagine if the Stones did a blues jam on something Heartbreak Hotel as part of their show. They’d blow away the audience. This could also take care of the when hell freezes over aspect of releasing a new album: Put Don Was (ever feel he’s part of their problem?) out to pasture, let the band rock out on their instincts and give us an album combining soul and r&b covers and their own bluesy stuff. I’d be down for it.

I've seen Tom Petty do a killer version of "Cry to Me". Hard Promises tour in 1981.1 of my favorite shows of all time.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 29, 2018 10:02

‘Cry To Me’ I checked Marc Broussard’s acoustic version, and Tom Petty (not 1981’s) but you’re right- I could see it now (not to be a weepy slow sad song)

Date: November 29, 2018 10:10

35love
‘Cry To Me’ I checked Marc Broussard’s acoustic version, and Tom Petty (not 1981’s) but you’re right- I could see it now (not to be a weepy slow sad song)

A bit of both. The ending is great!

Supposedly, they also rehearsed more Out Of Our Heads-numbers before the last euro-tour..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 29, 2018 10:32

Really ?.

She Said Yeah might be fun grinning smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 29, 2018 11:18

Nice interviews, thanks for posting.
"Cry To Me", nice choice, I'd like them playing that one again. I like the idea that they still listen to their first albums.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 29, 2018 11:23

Cry To Me … Starday Club 1965 on recent On Air release …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 29, 2018 12:54

Back to the interview:
It says it is an 'edited version' of the full interview.
Why is that? Insufficient space? Full version in 2019?
It looks as though it was an online interview. No supplementary questions. Very vague answers re the new album.

Its not suprising that journals like RS have lost so much credibility and readership over the years.

Date: November 29, 2018 13:05

Spud
Really ?.

She Said Yeah might be fun grinning smiley

Preferrably an extended version smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 29, 2018 13:14

A non-serious sidenote: Keith's been talking about and being into "Cry To Me" for some time now. A bit like "Blue & Lonesome" some years ago.. one plus one? Another 'hit the wall' moment and oh la la we have an album of Rolling Stones soul covers made in five days....winking smiley Not such a bad idea in theory. Some of the strongest and unique live versions they have doing during the last decades or so have been soul covers, such as "That's How Strong My Love Is", especially Mick seems to interpret those rather well with his mature voice. So if BLUE & LONESOME was their re-make of their first album in concept, the next step will be OUT OF OUR HEADS with all soul covers, and after that, finally, they would be ready for an album of all originals, the AFTERMATH of modern times....grinning smiley

This all fits Mick and Keith at the moment writing songs together they are to shy offer to the others... let's see if a modern "The Last Time" pops up and we will be treated with a cool single soon...>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-29 13:19 by Doxa.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 29, 2018 13:24

A Soul covers album... and a Country covers album ...

..That would keep us occupied for a while .grinning smiley

Re: Keith talks about the new album and tour - RollingStone.com
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 29, 2018 14:38

Bring on a country album or a mixed one, soul and country! What a party!!!

Burke, Paycheck, Hank and Otis and the rest of the best performed by the Glimmers!!!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 29, 2018 15:09

"May be this will be the last one" as a head liner = Fake news.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1353
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home