Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What are you giving up to see the Stones in 2019 (other than a portion of your bank account)?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2018 04:33

IMO, if you can see them at least once a decade, you've done quite well. I missed a show in the 60's but seen the rest. I'm quite content. Now I'll wait for 2020!

Re: What are you giving up to see the Stones in 2019 (other than a portion of your bank account)?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 30, 2018 05:20

Keith Richards on the new Stones tour: 'What else would I be doing?'
[www.google.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 30, 2018 06:06

….. Well Keith could go over and mow Charlie's lawns ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: November 30, 2018 06:23

Dead and company summer tour.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 30, 2018 06:24

Im not giving up anything. I gaining memories for the rest of my life.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 3, 2018 20:54

35love
‘What are you giving up to see the Stones’
Getting old.

Simple.....but yet, a great answer!thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 3, 2018 22:02

forsure

It's not a loss, it's a gain, a blessing! grinning smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 3, 2018 22:19

dcba
forsure

Totally agree!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: December 4, 2018 06:58

I'm gaining another time with my 2 best stones friends to hang out and party like its 1981 all over again..priceless.thankyou rolling stones..

getting out of work/school/family obligations for the Stones
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: December 1, 2018 03:20

During all the madness of getting tickets, I remembered when I was a student and had tickets to see the Stones at Roseland (2002?). The week before the show, my teacher told the class that there was an important exam or presentation that was mandatory for us to attend; it was going to be on the afternoon that I had to drive to NYC!

My teacher says, "Does anyone have a GOOD reason that they can't come to class?" I raised my hand and said, "I have tickets to see the Rolling Stones at Roseland." She paused a second and said, "That's the only excuse I would accept. Unless anyone else has tickets for Roseland next week, attendance is MANDATORY."

A dream teacher. I'm hoping others have similar experiences.

Re: getting out of work/school/family obligations for the Stones
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 1, 2018 03:53

Great story. A wise teacher.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 1, 2018 04:36

Nice and rocking teacher you had! thumbs up

On the second Stones' visit to my country in 1995, I totally forgot to attend the first class of my two years post grade statring on a February Saturday in the middle of a 5 concerts at River Plate, Buenos Aires time. I was so involved in what I was living that I didn't remember the starting date, never happened that to me before that day.
On the second class it was announced an exam on the next Saturday, so I had to ask for what was teached on the missed class. I asked for fotocopies to a lady who wasn't much interested in helping me and actually she didn't... curios thing is that she ended up being my girlfriend almost two years after and later my wife!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 1, 2018 05:10

Quique-stone
curios thing is that she ended up being my girlfriend almost two years after and later my wife!
Hallelujah!smileys with beer

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 1, 2018 05:30

I have skipped school and work for Stones release days and ticket sales because I am a fan. I have also not attended Stones concerts when they ended up conflicting with once-in-a-lifetime family events that could not be moved. Kids only grow up once. I don't put my passions in front of my family. My kids will grieve when I'm dead. If the Stones should outlive me, they wouldn't think twice to learn I died. My perspective on prioritizing.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 1, 2018 06:28

I got married the day the Stones played the United Center in Chicago. I couldn't wiggle out of this one!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 1, 2018 19:59

I skipped out of my high school graduation in 1975. No regrets.I just bought Lucky Dip tickets for Arizona and now need to inform work that I'm going.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2018 20:35

I was pushing my luck in a major way during the Licks tour due to taking so much time off from my job at a museum, but my boss somehow kept me around after all was said and done.
Even made it to Hawaii for a couple of weeks between the US and Europe legs of the tour!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 1, 2018 21:02

Rocky Dijon
I have skipped school and work for Stones release days and ticket sales because I am a fan. I have also not attended Stones concerts when they ended up conflicting with once-in-a-lifetime family events that could not be moved. Kids only grow up once. I don't put my passions in front of my family. My kids will grieve when I'm dead. If the Stones should outlive me, they wouldn't think twice to learn I died. My perspective on prioritizing.

Did you at least enter the Foxbourgh contest from the radio station
(no more entry’s taken, but promote)
[wcbsfm.radio.com]

Fun fun fun my friend

Date: December 2, 2018 08:37

Currently a senior in HS and I bought tickets for the upcoming Houston show which is on a Sunday. Told my dad that I'm not gonna go to school the following Monday and that i'm gonna call in sick for work on that Sunday. He was totally okay with it and congratulated me on getting the tickets. Not a particularly interesting story but it's still something!

Date: December 3, 2018 06:43

Good luck with your senior year and hope you enjoy the show. I bombed a final exam my senior year because I spent the night pouring through back issues of Bill German's Beggars Banquet fanzine that arrived the day before the exam. This was, of course, 30 years ago, but I'm generally just as irresponsible today.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 3, 2018 07:05

cyclist
During all the madness of getting tickets, I remembered when I was a student and had tickets to see the Stones at Roseland (2002?). The week before the show, my teacher told the class that there was an important exam or presentation that was mandatory for us to attend; it was going to be on the afternoon that I had to drive to NYC!

My teacher says, "Does anyone have a GOOD reason that they can't come to class?" I raised my hand and said, "I have tickets to see the Rolling Stones at Roseland." She paused a second and said, "That's the only excuse I would accept. Unless anyone else has tickets for Roseland next week, attendance is MANDATORY."

A dream teacher. I'm hoping others have similar experiences.

What a heartwarming story. It shows there is humanity in our lives.

Date: December 3, 2018 07:06

Rocky Dijon
Good luck with your senior year and hope you enjoy the show. I bombed a final exam my senior year because I spent the night pouring through back issues of Bill German's Beggars Banquet fanzine that arrived the day before the exam. This was, of course, 30 years ago, but I'm generally just as irresponsible today.
Thank you so much! I'm gonna try to pass everything so I can go straight to college after this.

Date: December 3, 2018 07:21

Smart young person that you are. Grab every opportunity to make your life better that you can. They won't always be there.

Date: December 3, 2018 19:42

Rocky Dijon
Smart young person that you are. Grab every opportunity to make your life better that you can. They won't always be there.
Thank you very much. I do my best to make things easy for myself. My dad, who wasnt fortunate enough to have a good upbringing, has been a big help to me and has done his best to guide me right.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 4, 2018 09:47

I may loose the respect of my 95 years old mother-in-law, who expects to see us in April/May. Sorry mom, but it will be March/April this time because May is for the Stones.
What I gain is feeling twenty years younger during and after a Stones concert for quite a while. Also I (we) will see a part of the USA never seen before because combining it with an oversees holiday will make the high cost for concert tickets seem marginal grinning smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 8, 2018 08:48

BluzDude
dcba
forsure

Totally agree!

john mayer rocks with them.....but i have been a fan since he showed up on stage for "goin' down" with the stones in december 2012 - the venue rocked so hard it was shaking

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home