Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: guests for 2019 tour?
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 5, 2018 12:40

mosthigh
Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson Brotherhood would be a fine opener. They did a decent cover of 'Sweet Virginia' the other night when I saw them.

...same would go for the Magpie Salute; Crowes' guitar duo Rich Robinson / Marc Ford newest band, btw.
Saw them in Paradiso (Amsterdam) in 2017, and recently in Elysee Montmartre (Paris) in October. Great singer; splendid debut album, "High Water I ".

No Stones covers in the set, though... - but, actually: isn't that seen as a 'plus' if you want to be considered for the opening slot?!?
(Aaah, no scratch that last one - they did take Richard Ashcroft on board last year... smoking smiley )

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: December 5, 2018 20:20

Is whether or not an artist performing in the area around the same time a factor in them being asked to open?

I’m seeing the Stones in Landover, MD on May 31, and noticed that Jack White is playing in Washington DC on the 29th.

-Cam

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 5, 2018 20:26

CamRS
Is whether or not an artist performing in the area around the same time a factor in them being asked to open?

I’m seeing the Stones in Landover, MD on May 31, and noticed that Jack White is playing in Washington DC on the 29th.

-Cam

Seems most guests lately have been the openers..
With Jack doing his own gig a couple days before, it doesn't strike me as likely.
Although, it would be great!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 6, 2018 06:28

RoughJusticeOnYa
mosthigh
Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson Brotherhood would be a fine opener. They did a decent cover of 'Sweet Virginia' the other night when I saw them.

...same would go for the Magpie Salute; Crowes' guitar duo Rich Robinson / Marc Ford newest band, btw.
Saw them in Paradiso (Amsterdam) in 2017, and recently in Elysee Montmartre (Paris) in October. Great singer; splendid debut album, "High Water I ".

No Stones covers in the set, though... - but, actually: isn't that seen as a 'plus' if you want to be considered for the opening slot?!?
(Aaah, no scratch that last one - they did take Richard Ashcroft on board last year... smoking smiley )

I would go for Magpie over Chris. Too much hippie jam with Chris. Magpie to my ears is more rockin'. Couple of Stones covers below, "Let it Loose" & "Tumbling Dice". They do some other killer covers like "Every Picture Tells a Story", a bunch of Zep & my fave, a stunning version of Pink Floyd's "Fearless". Ya, they would be a fine opener.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats-opening act?
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 6, 2018 06:31

Kurt
Cooltoplady
Dan
More Hot Rocks
It makes no difference who opens. You can have a puppet show as far as i care.

I'll take the puppet show.

Same here

Spinal Tap would be incredible & work on so many levels. Might be too much for the spuds though, haha. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: ab ()
Date: December 6, 2018 07:23

Cristiano Radtke
Irma Thomas in New Orleans.

+1

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home