Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T - Bob Dylan & Neil Young - Hyde Park - 12th July 2019
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 27, 2018 11:09

Here's a good one for next summer Uk pop-pickers:-

Dylan & Young on the same bill at Hyde Park British Summertime

Fri 12th July

Re: O.T - Bob Dylan & Neil Young - Hyde Park - 12th July 2019
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 27, 2018 11:23

as a European, I'll be seeing them on the continent -

no need for 'kilos' of heavy-weight 'pounds' in my pocket; nor for paying hefty roaming costs; nor for endless identity check queues at ports & stations etc.

It's been fun while it lasted; but "the hour is getting late "... smoking smiley

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 12:01

Hope Bob does more U.K. dates - I hate festivals

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 27, 2018 12:43

Rollin92
Hope Bob does more U.K. dates - I hate festivals

me, too. But most likely it's gonna be the typical festiavl/open-air tour he usually does every second year in Europe

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 27, 2018 17:05

BST is a lot of fun but my trip across the pond is for Clapton at Royal Albert Hall this year. Neil would be great, Bob I do not need to see again.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 27, 2018 20:35

Incredible double bill! thumbs up

Date: November 27, 2018 20:40

Nice!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 27, 2018 20:51

Over £300 to be anywhere near the front.
Will pick up a general admission ticket outside on the night for around £30 and work some magic.

Should be a great show.

Nate

Date: November 27, 2018 20:55

Hope they do more of these. I saw some where that Neil said he would like to do a tour with Bob and Willie

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 21:19

Now THAT is the ultimate "grumpy, grizzled old coots" bill!

Date: December 9, 2018 18:10

Apparently Neil Young is considering pulling out of this as he’s not at all happy about the organisers announcing him without his knowledge and the fact that the festival is sponsored by Barclays Bank.

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2018 21:16

Nate
Apparently Neil Young is considering pulling out of this as he’s not at all happy about the organisers announcing him without his knowledge and the fact that the festival is sponsored by Barclays Bank.

Nate

From Neil Young Archives::

You. . . . . . . who were taken by surprise waking up to the BOB DYLAN / NEIL YOUNG - HYDE PARK CONCERT announcement posted on every outlet except NYA, might wonder why it was not on NYA. . . .and you should. We’re sorry.

Like you, I had no idea the announcement was coming that day…

I was still finessing the art for the poster and trying to make sure that all the details of the show were agreeable to me. Then, suddenly, someone jumped the gun. The tickets were put on sale and the announcement was made, all without my knowledge.

We promised you that you would learn first at NYA about all of my activities and have first access to pre-sale tickets. You didn’t.
I was angry.

At NYA, our subscribers, excited to order their pre-sale tickets, were frustrated and dismayed to find tickets were not available.

‘Letters to the Editor’ began arriving. Some folks felt confused, resentful, even angry, left dumbfounded or simply curious.

The revelations kept coming.

I’m a vampire baby
-suckin’ blood from the Earth

-In addition, I learned that the show had a sponsor, ‘Barclays Bank’, a fossil fuel funding entity.

That doesn’t work for me. I believe in Science. I worry about the Climate Crisis and am deeply concerned about its massive global ramifications and my beautiful grandchildren’s future.

I ain’t singin’ for Pepsi;
Don’t sing for Coke.
I won’t sing for nobody
makes me feel like a joke. . . .

There’s no doubt about it - Its been a massive @#$%& up!

Subsequently, the NYA team has had many ‘Come to Jesus’ meetings.

At the moment, we are trying to rectify the situation and will soon update you on the status of the Hyde Park show. We have been talking about requiring a different sponsor as one option.

We are quite confident that nothing like this will ever happen again. We’re sorry for this situation - it is - and shall remain an anomaly.

All of us here at NYA are continuing to work to provide you with the best, no bullshit, immersive quality experience, exactly what you deserve, without compromising our integrity.
It’s on the line.

ny

________________________________________________________________________________
And:

To Neil and Neil Young
Archives subscribers:

12-7-18

We take great pride in being the guardian of Neil’s music for over 50 years.

And equal pride in Neil Young Archives, something we believe is a very important work. To our subscribers, we made a promise that they would be the first ones advised of any shows and the first to be able to buy tickets.

To say we fell short of our obligations on the announcement and pre-sales for the Hyde Park show is an understatement and we disappointed a lot of people. We lost focus and the entire team at Lookout Management apologizes for promises not kept to our subscribers.

We have tried to rectify this as best we can by making sure that tickets are available for Neil Young Archives subscribers. I personally really must apologize for this lapse because working as the custodian of Neil Young Archives is very serious to me. Neil’s life’s work has been mine as well. We will make every effort to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

Respectfully,
Elliot Roberts

And:

And from Thrashers Wheat:

We here at Thrasher's Wheat are totally down with Neil on getting righteous about the rampant unethical promoters. In fact, we're totally down with everyone also getting down on corruption and speakin' out.

Neil has been trying to be as upfront as he can with the NYA subscriptions. So, as soon as the site finally launches and ... BOOM. What might have been the biggest pre-sale the site will possibly ever see again suddenly goes out the window. The concert of a lifetime for both Bob and Neil's entire respective careers and yet the rollout is so totally f-'ed up by the greedy hands.

Respect, trust, full disclosure, transparency are what matters and Neil's taking the stand. Taking the rap.

So who else is gonna standup?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 21:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 10, 2018 15:47

RoughJusticeOnYa

no need for 'kilos' of heavy-weight 'pounds' in my pocket; nor for paying hefty roaming costs; nor for endless identity check queues at ports & stations etc.

It's been fun while it lasted; but "the hour is getting late "... smoking smiley

As a Briton, I’ll be attending gigs in the United Kingdom.

I enjoyed seeing the Stones in Munich, some fifteen-or-so years ago. It was fun while it lasted, but times marches on. See ya, Europe winking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 10, 2018 16:06

And I thought that concerts were supposed to be fun...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 10, 2018 16:47

Big Al
RoughJusticeOnYa

As a Briton, I’ll be attending gigs in the United Kingdom.

I enjoyed seeing the Stones in Munich, some fifteen-or-so years ago. It was fun while it lasted, but times marches on. See ya, Europe winking smiley

I think it'll still be there. I don't think we're about to be towed out into the middle of the Atlantic eye rolling smiley

I plan to continue visiting as much as I do now regardless.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 10, 2018 17:14

Is this about Brexit (yawn)?

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: December 10, 2018 20:29

I have a problem with Neil's hypocrisy. How exactly does he galavant around the globe without burning any fosil fuels? Is he canoeing over to england?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: December 10, 2018 21:24

I will boycott this show on general principles. angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-10 22:43 by Bungo.

Date: December 12, 2018 15:30

Neil Young must of been about to pull out of this show as Barclays have now been forced to pull out from sponsoring this particular show at the festival.

Nate

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 12, 2018 16:20

masseywinos
I have a problem with Neil's hypocrisy. How exactly does he galavant around the globe without burning any fosil fuels? Is he canoeing over to england?

I think it's to do with power........The Mega corporations and banks have the power to change things (or at least start to change things things that are screwing nature so badly) ........Neil Young or you or I don't......We can make our little moves but until these mega entities start producing clean transport on mass we're stuck with it...........

All the 'little' person can do is be as conscientious as possible in our own dealings........

Maybe for Neil that means threatening to boycott an event where a destructive 'mega' is present................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-13 13:21 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 12, 2018 16:26

masseywinos

That was my first thought exactly. Those who decry the use of fossil fuels seem to utilize them as much as anyone else. I’m all for developing other forms of energy and fuels. But to target one particular bank? Anyway, I hope NY sorts this out. It could be a very good show.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 12, 2018 19:08

Barclays pulls out.
Neil has the power!

[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 12, 2018 19:15

spikenyc
Barclays pulls out.
Neil has the power!

[www.bbc.com]

All he did was save Barclays a ton of money.

Date: December 12, 2018 22:10

masseywinos

He has modified one of his vehicles to run on electric.

Date: December 12, 2018 22:11

Tickets no longer available. Wondering if they will restart sales or just put it on hold awhile.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: December 13, 2018 15:29

Looks like you can add Kilkenny,Ireland to the Tour now Bob/Neil might me the only other one they do....

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 13, 2018 20:45

more gas bigger engines. now.
well alright.
[www.youtube.com]

july 12 is me and Rockman's Birthday; much more significant,
and on Two Continents, well alright.

also the birthday anniversary of the very first gig by a dirty young
band from London suburbs that made it pretty big.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-13 20:47 by hopkins.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 14, 2018 02:15

mikey C
Looks like you can add Kilkenny,Ireland to the Tour now Bob/Neil might me the only other one they do....

I might try and get home for this. See how much money is left after the Stones shows!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home