Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Who met Ron wood or other Stones ?
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 28, 2019 19:41

Actually, Keithsman, I'd RATHER meet Ronnie, Charlie and MICK AGAIN before Keith! I would want to actually have a decent conversation !!smileys with beer LOL!!!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:44

mickschix
Actually, Keithsman, I'd RATHER meet Ronnie, Charlie and MICK AGAIN before Keith! I would want to actually have a decent conversation !!smileys with beer LOL!!!

Yeah maybe Ronnie will sell you a self portrait for a few grand, bargain mate, Mick can tell you where to get a good wig and high instep trainers to give you couple more inches yo da man smileys with beer hehe

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 28, 2019 21:37

I met Mick Taylor after a show with his band in Portland, Maine in 1999. Delightful.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 28, 2019 22:52

I'll never tell. maybe on my deathbed

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2019 22:55

but but tumbled we're all dying ta know......

ROCKMAN

Date: May 28, 2019 23:10

Does anyone else get put off of this band by their greed over recent years, i don't hold any of them in such high regard anymore, still love their music and performances though, just find what they turned into depressing.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 28, 2019 23:47

keithsman
Does anyone else get put off of this band by their greed over recent years, i don't hold any of them in such high regard anymore, still love their music and performances though, just find what they turned into depressing.

I pretty much lost interest after the 2013 tour. I was put off by the combination of high ticket prices, static setlists, and the way they underutilized the great Mick Taylor - often relegating him to a single song per show. I will go see them this summer without much enthusiasm or expense. I'm no longer a fan.

Date: May 29, 2019 00:52

<often relegating him to a single song per show>

Did that happen, even once?

Date: May 29, 2019 01:02

DandelionPowderman

If you want to be specific, Mick Taylor played on only one song ("Midnight Rambler") for the December 2012 shows in London and Newark. In 2013 they brought him back onstage for the "Satisfaction" encore but that was mainly to have him there for the final bows. His acoustic guitar playing was barely audible and unnecessary. A waste of his talent.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: May 29, 2019 11:34

Met Mick Taylor in LA in 1995 after one of his club gigs. He was very nice and
I bought his CD that came in an autographed box with one of his guitar picks.

Met Keith Richards in 2006 in Seattle at the Olympic Fairmont Hotel.I posted my
encounter with Keith on IORR and if you Google "Meeting Keith Richards in Seattle Tonight", you can read the story which is very cool IMO. He was very nice and a true gent. It was hard to believe that I shook the hand that played all of those memorable songs.

Met Ron Wood in Seattle in 2006 also and he was very chatty and super cool.

Stood next to Jagger and Charlie, but never shook their hand unfortunately.

Date: May 29, 2019 12:08

TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

If you want to be specific, Mick Taylor played on only one song ("Midnight Rambler") for the December 2012 shows in London and Newark. In 2013 they brought him back onstage for the "Satisfaction" encore but that was mainly to have him there for the final bows. His acoustic guitar playing was barely audible and unnecessary. A waste of his talent.

That's two songs. His guitar was audible.

Are you saying that the acoustic guitar was unnecessary in the original studio version as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 12:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 29, 2019 12:15

DandelionPowderman
TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

That's two songs.His guitar was audible.

I said his acoustic guitar was "barely audible" on Satisfaction. One could say it was perfunctory. I felt it was a waste to bring Mick Taylor along on the tour to just play on just a couple of songs. At the least they could have done CYHMK every night. Were you pleased with how Mick Taylor was utilized on the 2013/14 tours? I sure as hell wasn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 19:47 by TornAndFried.

Date: May 29, 2019 16:16

TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman
TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

That's two songs.His guitar was audible.

I said his acoustic guitar was "barely" audible on Satisfaction. One could say it was perfunctory. I felt it was a waste to bring Mick Taylor along on the tour to just play on just a couple of songs. At the least they could have done CHYHMK every night. Were you pleased with how Mick Taylor was utilized on the 2013/14 tours? I sure as hell wasn't.

Agreed. It was sad to only see him pop up on a couple of songs.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 29, 2019 16:53

So here's the story - it was the last night of The Who's brilliant 3 gig run at Hammersmith Odeon in December 1975 and word got round that the band was having a party in the upstairs bar area.

Security was lax (not to be confused with Keith Moon's girlfriend Annette Walter-Lax who was in attendance).

And I and a few friends managed to sneak in before the stars started arriving. And what stars they were - besides all of The Who, Ronnie Wood, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr.

But here's the painful bit. I spoke to all of them and managed to get their autographs on a paper plate being given out for the free food. All of them Roger, Pete, John, Keith, Ronnie, EC and Ringo all one paper plate. And on the way home I managed to lose it on the last tube back home.

Ugh. I've beaten myself up about it ever since.

Date: May 29, 2019 17:35

TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

Agreed, to include his contribution to Satisfaction (non existent ) would be childish and splitting hairs ( again ) .

Date: May 29, 2019 17:39

Midnight Toker
Met Mick Taylor in LA in 1995 after one of his club gigs. He was very nice and
I bought his CD that came in an autographed box with one of his guitar picks.

Met Keith Richards in 2006 in Seattle at the Olympic Fairmont Hotel.I posted my
encounter with Keith on IORR and if you Google "Meeting Keith Richards in Seattle Tonight", you can read the story which is very cool IMO. He was very nice and a true gent. It was hard to believe that I shook the hand that played all of those memorable songs.

Met Ron Wood in Seattle in 2006 also and he was very chatty and super cool.

Stood next to Jagger and Charlie, but never shook their hand unfortunately.

Out of curiosity was it a limp hand shake or a solid strong one ? Or in between.

Date: May 29, 2019 18:12

keithsman
TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

Agreed, to include his contribution to Satisfaction (non existent ) would be childish and splitting hairs ( again ) .

Why was it non-existent?

Date: May 29, 2019 18:19

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

Why was it non-existent?

Seriously you want to continue this line of conversation, you can't hear him.
I don't know why you would want to defend the way Mick T was under used by the Stones, what were they afraid of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 18:22 by keithsman.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 29, 2019 18:29

Considering his reputation, Ron Wood is the Stone I would LEAST like to meet.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2019 18:33

Silver Dagger
So here's the story - it was the last night of The Who's brilliant 3 gig run at Hammersmith Odeon in December 1975 and word got round that the band was having a party in the upstairs bar area.

Security was lax (not to be confused with Keith Moon's girlfriend Annette Walter-Lax who was in attendance).

And I and a few friends managed to sneak in before the stars started arriving. And what stars they were - besides all of The Who, Ronnie Wood, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr.

But here's the painful bit. I spoke to all of them and managed to get their autographs on a paper plate being given out for the free food. All of them Roger, Pete, John, Keith, Ronnie, EC and Ringo all one paper plate. And on the way home I managed to lose it on the last tube back home.

Ugh. I've beaten myself up about it ever since.

Haha..good story. Too much alcohol??

Date: May 29, 2019 18:36

keithsman
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
TornAndFried
DandelionPowderman

Why was it non-existent?

Seriously you want to continue this line of conversation, you can't hear him.
I don't know why you would want to defend the way Mick T was under used by the Stones, what were they afraid of.

We all wanted more, but I just can't fathom why an acoustic guitar on Satisfaction is "non-existent". And he was on stage for more than 20 minutes for every show.

I reacted to the claim that he was on for one song, which is incorrect of course.

Was Keith's contribution on Sister Morphine on Sticky Fingers Live non-existent, too, iyo?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 18:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 29, 2019 18:39

TravelinMan

Yep, i'd go along with that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 29, 2019 19:08

TravelinMan

If you ever do meet him I can vouch that he's very nice, but has bad breath and BO.
Granted each time I met him was during his drinking/partying days, so maybe he's cleaned himself up since then.

Date: May 29, 2019 20:00

Hairball
TravelinMan

If you ever do meet him I can vouch that he's very nice, but has bad breath and BO.
Granted each time I met him was during his drinking/partying days, so maybe he's cleaned himself up since then.

On the other hand he was so much more apologetic during his bad breath and BO days, sobriety seemingly turned him into a narcissist.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2019 20:15

keithsman
Hairball
TravelinMan

On the other hand he was so much more apologetic during his bad breath and BO days, sobriety seemingly turned him into a narcissist.

And turned him onto painting instead of making new solo albums.
Sad, really.
Jeroen

Date: May 29, 2019 20:37

runrudolph
keithsman
Hairball
TravelinMan

And turned him onto painting instead of making new solo albums.
Sad, really.
Jeroen

Yeah almost 10 years since we got a solo album from Ronnie and nothing in sight, we can usually rely on Ronnie to produce the goods quickly. Sad indeed because Ronnie is a better writer-player than he is painter. Having said that he's obviously a talented painter, but who needs it !!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 29, 2019 21:46

PalaceRevolution, no I didn't mention our previous meeting. I thought I wanted to have a clean slate, also I might look like a stalker if he realized I'd met him before! LOL!
And Keithsman, Mick does NOT wear a WIG....I can testify to this!

Date: May 30, 2019 09:39

mickschix
PalaceRevolution, no I didn't mention our previous meeting. I thought I wanted to have a clean slate, also I might look like a stalker if he realized I'd met him before! LOL!
And Keithsman, Mick does NOT wear a WIG....I can testify to this!

Given it an almighty yank to try and pull it off have you ? Now that's scary.

Not a wig as such, you can't pull them off, probably a 3 to 6 month weave or enhancer of some kind, it seems to alter a fair bit. It would be hard to pull off being the Jag on stage with his fathers or brothers hairline. It's starting to look very unnatural in recent years, have a look at pics of Chris his brother, that's most likely what we would be looking at if it were natural. I could be wrong though. I'm not against it, i think it's vital for Micks image to have the hair, same with Ronnie, how would Ronnie look without it ? look at Ronnie's two brothers hair in pics later in life, i mean Ronnie doesn't even admit to dying his hair, the man is in denial, it may be his hair but it's dyed, period.

I like Keith's approach, dye the thing blue or something, show's he's trying to fool no one.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 30, 2019 12:37

Ronnie has said that switching between music and painting keeps him sane. So why complain here about him making a solo album?

Date: May 30, 2019 19:07

Koen
Ronnie has said that switching between music and painting keeps him sane. So why complain here about him making a solo album?

So because he hasn't made a solo album for ten years he remains sane, so we shouldn't look forward to a solo album from him, is that what you are saying ?? That making Rock music will drive him insane ? . It becomes so confusing to be a Stones fan these days.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home