Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Who met Ron wood or other Stones ?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 4, 2019 20:45

mickschix
I met Mick twice and both encounters were unreal!! Fabulous meetings. The first time was in 1982 after the Tattoo You Tour in front of his NYC apartment. Had a surreal experience where he held my hand for a very long time, put his arm around my waist and squeezed...almost passed out but managed to act & speak normally, had a conversation about the tour etc, had a photo taken too!
The next meeting was in the 1998 in Montreal in the Weston Hotel bar...THAT was SOMETHING ELSE! He was flirtatious and adorable, again holding my hand for a long time, and I gave him an enormous Union Jack " so he could wear it onstage"...he thanked me, asked me about myself, I told him I'd be waving a small Union Jack that night from the 3rd row and wouldn't you know, he looked for as he said he would and danced over to me, lifted his shirt and I was able to take an awesome photo of that moment. Both encounters seemed dreamlike....I had a girlfriend with me both times so I had a witness! Needless to say, Mick exceeded ANY expectations I had about meeting with my #1 favorite person on the planet.

There was no tattoo you tour in 1982 in usa.
There was a 82 tour in europe. still life.there was a us tour in 1981 but not called Tattoo you.
Jeroen

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 4, 2019 20:49

My dad hooked me up with tickets to my first Stones show, December 7, 1881 at the Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. One of his lawyer friends had done work for the Stones for the Tattoo You Tour and they had rewarded him with 4 front row seats, backstage passes and parking for the show. He didn't want to go and his kids lived out of town, so he gave them to my dad, who gave them to me.

I chose three of my high school friends to go. When we got backstage, it was just getting going. A van with tinted windows rolled down the ramp, and Keith and Ronnie hopped out, bottles of liquor in hand. Keith moved his aviator shades down his nose, looked around, said something like "hey, hey where's the party at" and they were whisked off to some private room.

Later on, I was eating my dinner while sitting on top of one of their equipment cases, talking to the doctor who had the shift that night (part of the band's rider, apparently, was to have a doctor backstage at every show). Mick had come out of the green room to get his dinner, and as he was walking by I guess the crowd rushed him a bit, and he bumped into me, almost spilling his dinner in my lap. He looked directly in my eyes and said "Excuse me" and I laughed and said "Quite alright, Mick".

That was the extent of my personal interactions, although I gave my pass (it was a stick-on) to a friend who went the next night, and he ended up playing ping pong with Bill Wyman before the show.

That was my 16 year old entry into the Rock & Roll Circus.

Date: March 4, 2019 21:02

Never but there is a an awesome story somewhere on youtube about a dutch guy who made keith a custom guitar and met him. I think it was a tedx talk.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 4, 2019 21:06

runrudolph
mickschix
I met Mick twice and both encounters were unreal!! Fabulous meetings. The first time was in 1982 after the Tattoo You Tour in front of his NYC apartment. Had a surreal experience where he held my hand for a very long time, put his arm around my waist and squeezed...almost passed out but managed to act & speak normally, had a conversation about the tour etc, had a photo taken too!
The next meeting was in the 1998 in Montreal in the Weston Hotel bar...THAT was SOMETHING ELSE! He was flirtatious and adorable, again holding my hand for a long time, and I gave him an enormous Union Jack " so he could wear it onstage"...he thanked me, asked me about myself, I told him I'd be waving a small Union Jack that night from the 3rd row and wouldn't you know, he looked for as he said he would and danced over to me, lifted his shirt and I was able to take an awesome photo of that moment. Both encounters seemed dreamlike....I had a girlfriend with me both times so I had a witness! Needless to say, Mick exceeded ANY expectations I had about meeting with my #1 favorite person on the planet.

There was a 82 tour in europe. still life.there was a us tour in 1981 but not called Tattoo you.
Jeroen

Probably you understood what she meant.

Date: March 4, 2019 21:08

bobo
runrudolph
mickschix

Jeroen

Probably you understood what she meant.

No what did she mean

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 4, 2019 21:57

Palace Revolution 2000
Bliss
chatoyancy
I'm pretty close to Mick and Keith. Should I be talking about it? They never told me not to. I guess it's my choice. I don't know Ron well but when Keith introduced me to him he kissed me on the cheek. The new songs sound great. They never give me money, rather I wouldn't accept it. By the way Keith's assistant in the elevator who handed you money was probably Gary S. or Roy M.

Chatoyancy, you have been dropping coy hints about your close personal relationship with the Stones for the last five years. Why not just be direct and tell us who you are, or drop it? Other people with real life involvement or history have been straightforward, eg James Phelge, various studio personnel and others.
I have always thought Le Chat has been straight, nonchalant and matter of fact about whatever her relationship with band is. It was another two posters here a while back, and I can't recall their names, who were incredibly annoying IMO.

One was Stonesrule, utter fantasist.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 4, 2019 22:31

Bliss
Palace Revolution 2000
Bliss
chatoyancy
I'm pretty close to Mick and Keith. Should I be talking about it? They never told me not to. I guess it's my choice. I don't know Ron well but when Keith introduced me to him he kissed me on the cheek. The new songs sound great. They never give me money, rather I wouldn't accept it. By the way Keith's assistant in the elevator who handed you money was probably Gary S. or Roy M.

Chatoyancy, you have been dropping coy hints about your close personal relationship with the Stones for the last five years. Why not just be direct and tell us who you are, or drop it? Other people with real life involvement or history have been straightforward, eg James Phelge, various studio personnel and others.
I have always thought Le Chat has been straight, nonchalant and matter of fact about whatever her relationship with band is. It was another two posters here a while back, and I can't recall their names, who were incredibly annoying IMO.

i never thought that.. stonesrule was very factual ( i thought..)

I'd be interested in why you say that about stonesrule, Bliss

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 5, 2019 02:09

Met Mick Taylor in 1995 in LA and met Ron Wood and Keith Richards in Seattle in 2006.All of them were very nice.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 5, 2019 13:02

Charlie Watts: Milan, Blue Note
Ron Wood: Milan, Rolling Stone, with Bo Diddley
Bill Wyman: Saint Paul de Vence
Mick Taylor: Genoa, sound check, with Bluesbreakers
Glimner Twins: never

Date: March 5, 2019 14:42

Bliss
Palace Revolution 2000
Bliss
chatoyancy

LOL I really can't recall their names. But it was always like, while us mere mortals would hold a discussion down in the trenches, they would kind of arch on tiptoes, and throwing cryptic entendres at each other.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 5, 2019 19:25

Javadave
My dad hooked me up with tickets to my first Stones show, December 7, 1881 at the Capital Centre in Landover, Maryland. One of his lawyer friends had done work for the Stones for the Tattoo You Tour and they had rewarded him with 4 front row seats, backstage passes and parking for the show. He didn't want to go and his kids lived out of town, so he gave them to my dad, who gave them to me.

I chose three of my high school friends to go. When we got backstage, it was just getting going. A van with tinted windows rolled down the ramp, and Keith and Ronnie hopped out, bottles of liquor in hand. Keith moved his aviator shades down his nose, looked around, said something like "hey, hey where's the party at" and they were whisked off to some private room.

Later on, I was eating my dinner while sitting on top of one of their equipment cases, talking to the doctor who had the shift that night (part of the band's rider, apparently, was to have a doctor backstage at every show). Mick had come out of the green room to get his dinner, and as he was walking by I guess the crowd rushed him a bit, and he bumped into me, almost spilling his dinner in my lap. He looked directly in my eyes and said "Excuse me" and I laughed and said "Quite alright, Mick".

That was the extent of my personal interactions, although I gave my pass (it was a stick-on) to a friend who went the next night, and he ended up playing ping pong with Bill Wyman before the show.

That was my 16 year old entry into the Rock & Roll Circus.

1881? Damn, they are old! LOL

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 5, 2019 19:31

RUNRUDOLPH, I KNOW the " Tattoo You/Still Life Tour was in 1981...I saw a few shows that on that tour but I met Mick in NYC on March 21, 1982 AFTER the US leg of that tour! We even chatted about that. Do you always make a fuss over tiny details? And you DID know what I meant. I KNOW that the tour continued in Europe later in 1982....after we met!
During that meeting with Mick, the one thing that I am very thankful for is remembering to thank him for all of the joy that his music brought to my life over the years. He actually blushed! He is a real sweetheart and I am also grateful that he was so extraordinarily kind, attentive and made that meeting something I will always cherish...a perfect memory, as was my 1998 meeting with him....and yes, I hope to meet him one more time! The " third time is the charm" they say.

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 5, 2019 19:54

Elmo Lewis

1881? Damn, they are old! LOL

Not again...

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 5, 2019 20:05

Jeroen. A true gentleman.

Date: March 5, 2019 21:08

Bjorn
Jeroen. A true gentleman.

Yeah. I met them. Many times. I am not at liberty to talk about it though..

So.whats your problem bjorn

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-05 21:09 by runrudolph.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 5, 2019 22:13

mattstones
I met BV once if that counts!

hahaha!

this post wins.

Date: March 7, 2019 00:09

Really, Jeroen? Why on Earth couldn't you share some of your experiences? I'm sure the Band wouldn't put a contract out on you if you told!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 7, 2019 00:16

Years ago, I was at the laundromat, waiting for my clothes to finish in the dryer.

Suddenly, I heard this commotion coming from the front of the store...
Someone was complaining loudly to the manager that the water in the washing machine was not hot enough. The voice sounded so familiar...

When I walked up front to check it out... I could not believe it! It was KEITH RICHARDS! In my local laundromat!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 7, 2019 12:05

Palace Revolution 2000
Bliss
Palace Revolution 2000
Bliss
chatoyancy

LOL I really can't recall their names. But it was always like, while us mere mortals would hold a discussion down in the trenches, they would kind of arch on tiptoes, and throwing cryptic entendres at each other.

That would be Stonesrule and Chatoyancy. But Chat comes up with some real info at times whereas SR's posts were all baseless anecdotes with no supporting evidence whatever.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: May 27, 2019 01:26

treaclefingers
Spodlumt
I met Charlie Watts backstage at the Blue Note in NYC in 1992. I asked him to sign a poster I bought at the gift shop. He said,"sure, give me a pen."I said I didn't have one. He said "You want me to sign this and you don't have a pen?" He turned around and walked back to the dressing room and slammed the door behind him. I was crest fallen. He then comes back out with a Sharpie and asks me my name. I said "I thought you just blew me off." He said "No, somebody had to get the pen."

Good lord, that may be my favourite Charlie story ever...well maybe second, the one punching Mick is pretty tough to top.

That story has me laughing! .. Not sure if I met Charlie or not (you decide), at Hittsville during Detroit Zip Code he was walking out as I was walking in, we stopped and checked each other out but he was on a tour so I kept on.. Meetings can be wordless, right?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-27 01:30 by snoopy2.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 27, 2019 03:08

snoopy2
That story has me laughing! .. Not sure if I met Charlie or not (you decide), at Hittsville during Detroit Zip Code he was walking out as I was walking in, we stopped and checked each other out but he was on a tour so I kept on.. Meetings can be wordless, right?

I say yes. Primarily because I had a similar "meeting" with Charlie smiling smiley

Night before Desert Trip, went to see Lisa Fischer performing at a local hotel, was standing in line at the bar turned around and Charlie was standing behind me as he waited on someone getting him a beverage (not in line) before he ducked backstage. Stammered hello with a stunned look on my face and he smiled and nodded. winking smiley

On a side note speaking of Lisa, went to a show of hers in Seattle with fellow IORRian DaveG the other night, and our table was front row practically on the stage. On separate occasions she utilized each of us to "serenade" to, placing her hand under the chin, singing directly to etc.. was fun. Also nice to now have that in common with Mick .. cool smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: May 27, 2019 11:10

runrudolph

Jeroen

"I am not at liberty to talk about it." Does this guy think he's in the CIA or the MI-5? What's the big secret? If you have met them then why not share your story here like many others have.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-27 12:12 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 27, 2019 11:50

TornAndFried
runrudolph

Jeroen

"I am not at liberty to talk about it" What a d***. Does this guy think he's in the CIA or the MI-5?

Dear John,
Jeroen is a Stones-Fan just like you and me. He doesn't have to share if he doesn't want to. Please do not insult. This is not the place.
Thank you.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 27, 2019 12:49

+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-27 12:50 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: May 27, 2019 12:56

Never met any of the Stones but talked to Bobby Keys and Bernard Fowler in Prague in 2003. Bobby came over after I called him when he left hotel for Mick's birthday party that very night. He signed two CDs I recently bought and shook my hand.
Some hours later we waited in front of the club where Mick's party was held, and suddenly Lisa and Bernard left the building for hotel transfer. Bernard briefly stopped and talked to me. I had to promise coming to the concerts the next day. It took just seconds but I enjoyed every single one.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 27, 2019 16:25

mickschix
RUNRUDOLPH, I KNOW the " Tattoo You/Still Life Tour was in 1981...I saw a few shows that on that tour but I met Mick in NYC on March 21, 1982 AFTER the US leg of that tour! We even chatted about that. Do you always make a fuss over tiny details? And you DID know what I meant. I KNOW that the tour continued in Europe later in 1982....after we met!
During that meeting with Mick, the one thing that I am very thankful for is remembering to thank him for all of the joy that his music brought to my life over the years. He actually blushed! He is a real sweetheart and I am also grateful that he was so extraordinarily kind, attentive and made that meeting something I will always cherish...a perfect memory, as was my 1998 meeting with him....and yes, I hope to meet him one more time! The " third time is the charm" they say.

Mickschix - I would have been completely speechless. Completely.

Date: May 28, 2019 05:33

Steffialicia, you would be surprise at how you might react with Mick right in front of you..I bet you'd find SOMETHING relevant to say! Self-preservation would make you react appropriately...and then some!cool smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 28, 2019 07:35

nope; just Faces and Stones shows.
some pretty close but not the first dozen rows.
except for Faces at Fillmore East; and I never met any
of those guys either; but was very, very close to the stage
in a theater environment just a few yards where Ron was standing
most of the time; It's sort of pathetic for this thread lol....
i went to so many shows and had haphazard meetings with so very many
rock stars and celebs; even really historic ones; however quickly....or
sometimes for extended periods....but never met any of them nor Stu.
i think if i saw one of the on the street; which is possible where i live,
I guess, def places they've been and know...i''d likely not bother them;
but would find a way to smile or nod or touch my heart in thanks.
i'm shy about bothering people in pubic; even non celebs....

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 28, 2019 09:29

They say you should never meet your idols, personally speaking i don't think i'd like to share a pint or a chat with Mick, Ronnie or Charlie, but Keith's another matter, that's a guy i'd like to bump into at the bar in Turks and Caicos and buy him a drink and shake his hand, thank him for all those riffs. thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2019 15:08

mickschix
Steffialicia, you would be surprise at how you might react with Mick right in front of you..I bet you'd find SOMETHING relevant to say! Self-preservation would make you react appropriately...and then some!cool smiley

Great stories, mickschix. When you met that second time, did you tell him that you had chatted with him 16 years ago?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home